Nash Guitars

mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
edited January 2014 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone else here play or own a Nash guitar. Any thoughts on them? I have a T63 and a S63, and they are by far my favorite and go to guitars.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i have a nash strat. has lollars in it. amazing sounding and playing guitar. i play les pauls mainly though so i do not get to play my strats very often. the lead player in my band plays a late 50s model nash strat. looks a lot like mccready's '59. that nash is my lead player's number 1.

nash was doing les pauls for awhile about 3 or 4 years ago. i have played numbers 1-5 of his les pauls. he made them for killer vintage guitars in st louis, which is where i buy all of my stuff. the nash lps were amazing, but i was not gonna pay $5000 for one.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • i have a nash strat. has lollars in it. amazing sounding and playing guitar. i play les pauls mainly though so i do not get to play my strats very often. the lead player in my band plays a late 50s model nash strat. looks a lot like mccready's '59. that nash is my lead player's number 1.

nash was doing les pauls for awhile about 3 or 4 years ago. i have played numbers 1-5 of his les pauls. he made them for killer vintage guitars in st louis, which is where i buy all of my stuff. the nash lps were amazing, but i was not gonna pay $5000 for one.

I've wondered about the LP's he did. I know they started with real Les Pauls, do you know if he changed the pickups out and electronics? I bet the necks were butter on a hot knife. That was the major selling point to me on the t63 and s63, the way the necks felt completely blew me away at the store, and I still can't help but smile every time I pick them up.
  • mattsl1983 wrote:
    i have a nash strat. has lollars in it. amazing sounding and playing guitar. i play les pauls mainly though so i do not get to play my strats very often. the lead player in my band plays a late 50s model nash strat. looks a lot like mccready's '59. that nash is my lead player's number 1.

I've wondered about the LP's he did. I know they started with real Les Pauls, do you know if he changed the pickups out and electronics? I bet the necks were butter on a hot knife. That was the major selling point to me on the t63 and s63, the way the necks felt completely blew me away at the store, and I still can't help but smile every time I pick them up.
    yeah they were actual les pauls. that is why they cost so much because he would have to go buy you a new guitar and work his magic on it. you could get it unreliced or with his signature relic job. he had to strip off the finish and repaint it in nitro, and then he changed the pickups, but i can't remember what they were. he did something funky to the pickup wiring as well. it was like a coil tap but you controlled it by turning the volume up instead of pulling the knob. so if you played on 1-7 on volume it was like a single coil and if you played on 8-10 it was like a super hot humbucker. very cool guitars those were. and yes, the necks were amazing.

• here are some images of some nash les pauls...they play as amazing as they look...

• i've owned a bunch of 'em. Blue T-63 and Mary Kay blackguard Esquire are my 2 at the moment.

love 'em.