Podcasts

Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I have been enjoying listening to Adam Carolla podcasts lately and was wondering if there are any other podcasts out there that you all listen to on a regular basis that I don't know about.
My current favorites are:
The Adam Carolla Show
The Adam and Dr. Drew Show
Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend
The Dr. Drew Podcast
The Arizona Cardinals Offical Podcast

In the past I have also listened to, but have stopped:
The Joe Rogan Experience - It was good but episodes were over 2 hours, almost 3, and just became too much.
The Car Cast (Adam Carolla) - I'm just not a car guy enough to listen to it.
Ace on the House - I'm not a DIY'er. Although I liked some of the discussions they had.
ESPN UFC Podcast - This podcast went away.
Around the Horn - Not as good without video.
PTI - Same as above.
"Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I listen to Bill Simmons' B.S. Report sometimes. The dude knows nothing about football but his basketball and baseball pods are good. And he gets some great guests. The one from last week with Julius Erving was really good: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/ ... d=10167623

And if ya like pro wrestling from the 90's, The Steve Austin Show and Talk Is Jericho on PodcastOne are good.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I have been enjoying listening to Adam Carolla podcasts lately and was wondering if there are any other podcasts out there that you all listen to on a regular basis that I don't know about.
    My current favorites are:
    The Adam Carolla Show
    The Adam and Dr. Drew Show
    Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend
    The Dr. Drew Podcast
    The Arizona Cardinals Offical Podcast

In the past I have also listened to, but have stopped:
    The Joe Rogan Experience - It was good but episodes were over 2 hours, almost 3, and just became too much.
    The Car Cast (Adam Carolla) - I'm just not a car guy enough to listen to it.
    Ace on the House - I'm not a DIY'er. Although I liked some of the discussions they had.
    ESPN UFC Podcast - This podcast went away.
    Around the Horn - Not as good without video.
    PTI - Same as above.

I love the Carolla podcast as well. I listen everyday. Sometimes I'll listen to Ace on the House….always funny to hear Adam and Ray together.

Also listen to the Monday morning podcast with Bill Burr and the B.S. Report with Bill Simmons.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    WTF - Marc Maron
    Nerdist - Chris Hardwick (not my favorite guy, but gets good guests)
  • Has anybody heard Greg Fitzsimmons' podcast? He is always hilarious as a guest on Carolla's show but never heard his show.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    For NFL, The Dave Dameshek Football Program is damn good. Rich Eisen has a good podcast as well.
  • LOVE the Adam Carolla podcast!
    I would also recommend the following...
    Mohr Stories with Jay Mohr (similar to Carolla podcast; general tpoics, cool guests)
    Hollywood Babylon (a quasi entertainment news show, hosted by Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman)
    Fat Man on Batman (another Kevin Smith pod devoted to Batman movies, comics, etc.)
    Jay and Dan podcast (former TSN sportscasters, now with Fox 1 Sports I think.

Honourable mentions as well
    to Fitzdog, Damashek, and Bill Burr
    all referred to above.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    I started listening to Nerdist, Fitzdog & Maron and all of them are good. Once I catch on those I will start Mohr Stories probably. Anybody else have any others they recommend? I am a fan of the Interview format.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

I started listening to Nerdist, Fitzdog & Maron and all of them are good. Once I catch on those I will start Mohr Stories probably. Anybody else have any others they recommend? I am a fan of the Interview format.

Joe Rogan's podcast is really good. They can get pretty long, but he usually has really good guests.

• Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403

Joe Rogan's podcast is really good. They can get pretty long, but he usually has really good guests.

I tried with his and really like Rogan but yeah, they were just insanely long to the point where I got bored and tuned out.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

I tried with his and really like Rogan but yeah, they were just insanely long to the point where I got bored and tuned out.

Yeah, I don't listen regularly but I'll check it out when he has a really good guest on there. Carolla was on last week and it was great.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler
    Nerdist
    By The Way: In Conversation with Jeff Garlin

ELITIST FUK
  • GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 Posts: 1,187
    TELL EM STEVE DAVE!!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • The Listening Party Podcast .com
  • This new podcasts app for iOS 9 is awful. The layout is terrible. I wish they gave you an option to go back to the old way.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,562
    Anybody have some good suggestions for newer podcasts or good older ones? Just became a commuter recently with our move out of the city and looking for some good listening (besides PJ boots!) on my 40 minute drive.

I really enjoy anything about history, mysteries and social norms, but I'm open to anything with some good content. Recently listened to Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History, Lore, In The Dark, Invisibilia and Radiolab series.

Thanks in advance!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Just listened to the first episode of the first season of Crimetown, a podcast about crime in various cities in the US. The first season is about Providence, RI; it was once the third most important mafia city, after Boston and NYC.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,562
    Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks often!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I've been listening to Jimmy Dore since the election ended. Like him, I'm sick of neoliberalism and prefer real progressives instead.