Options

Non-Europeans...which show(s) are you hitting?

Comments

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Dimi..tell Mike which train we'll be on, so he can take the same one again ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    Kathi wrote:
    Dimi..tell Mike which train we'll be on, so he can take the same one again ;)
    sure..i hope i will not take the wrong train this time.. :fp: :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    Thinking of doing Trieste-Vienna-Berlin. Just trying to convince the hubby...
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We're planning on doing Berlin and Stockholm. I haven't been home in Germany for more than a year, and this is a nice opportunity to combine family and pleasure :lol: Plus, June is a nice season in Germany. We chose Stockholm as the second show, so Cav can see a bit more from Europe than just Germany. I've been there before, but only shortly.
    Amsterdam would have been awesome, but it's too early in the tour, we cannot take that many days off, and Berlin is a must. Vienna is way cheaper than Stockholm, but only one day before Berlin, so it's out too.

Good luck to all for the draw! See you over there :wave:
  • Options
    We're planning on doing Berlin and Stockholm. I haven't been home in Germany for more than a year, and this is a nice opportunity to combine family and pleasure :lol: Plus, June is a nice season in Germany. We chose Stockholm as the second show, so Cav can see a bit more from Europe than just Germany. I've been there before, but only shortly.
    Amsterdam would have been awesome, but it's too early in the tour, we cannot take that many days off, and Berlin is a must. Vienna is way cheaper than Stockholm, but only one day before Berlin, so it's out too.

:D:D:D:D seeyaa t Berlino GA line then.. :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

:wave: YEEEAAAAHH!!! I'm so happy we're gonna get another Wuhlheide and this time with Cav :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options

:wave: YEEEAAAAHH!!! I'm so happy we're gonna get another Wuhlheide and this time with Cav :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    he is gonna freaky love that place
  • Options
    he is gonna freaky love that place

I know! :D
  • Options
    TP80932TP80932 Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 45
    TP80932 wrote:
    after much debate, I think we're putting in for Milan, Trieste, and Vienna.

How are you getting from Milan>Trieste?

assuming we get both shows....

we'll be taking the train that most others have linked. i'll likely have to fly into either Venice or Geneva. I'm not going to worry about the specific travel plans until I know what show(s) I have.
    I still can't figure out how to change my username...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    All you folks in the US have looked up roundtrip airfare to Europe, right? It's looking really pricey right now, almost double for what I was hoping to have to pay for a non-stop flight. That's my biggest barrier right now. I may chance it, having traveled to Europe in the summer most years and somehow managing to find decent flights but can't say I'm not a little nervous.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    All you folks in the US have looked up roundtrip airfare to Europe, right? It's looking really pricey right now, almost double for what I was hoping to have to pay for a non-stop flight. That's my biggest barrier right now. I may chance it, having traveled to Europe in the summer most years and somehow managing to find decent flights but can't say I'm not a little nervous.

I have signed up for certain trip combos on skyscanner and am watching the prices. Some of them have dropped below 1000 bucks per person. I hope this continues for a bit :corn: If I wouldn't want to visit my hometown and peeps again, I think I wouldn't do it this time. Flight prices make me shudder ...
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I have signed up for certain trip combos on skyscanner and am watching the prices. ...
    yep..i did the same this morning.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I have signed up for certain trip combos on skyscanner and am watching the prices. Some of them have dropped below 1000 bucks per person. I hope this continues for a bit :corn: If I wouldn't want to visit my hometown and peeps again, I think I wouldn't do it this time. Flight prices make me shudder ...
    Yeah, it's off the charts. I haven't seen it this high in ever!! The airlines must know PJ is touring Europe and that we are crazy :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    After booking my flights to Australia for next month these flights seem cheap ;)

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    After booking my flights to Australia for next month these flights seem cheap ;)
    Believe it or not, these flights are looking the same price as Australia for me! I only fly direct if direct flights exist, so I know I'm limiting myself in that regard. I hate flying!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Believe it or not, these flights are looking the same price as Australia for me! I only fly direct if direct flights exist, so I know I'm limiting myself in that regard. I hate flying!
    i love flying,i hate the prices.. :lol:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Is it possible that the flight prices are so high because it's just too far out? Or because many people look for summer trips around this time?

I'm thinking prices will come down by Feb. But yea, I'm still trying to figure out how it costs more to fly to Amsterdam from NYC than it does to fly from Australia to Hawaii.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    Is it possible that the flight prices are so high because it's just too far out? Or because many people look for summer trips around this time?

I'm thinking prices will come down by Feb. But yea, I'm still trying to figure out how it costs more to fly to Amsterdam from NYC than it does to fly from Australia to Hawaii.
    I'm with you on prices coming down early next year, I've seen it happen but it still makes me nervous. So far the planes are far from full so if they want to avoid going bankrupt they will have to lower fares to something more reasonable.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Suziemay wrote:

Maybe, they're high now because of the Christmas season. Airlines companies hike the prices for those who want to buy a Europe trip as a present for Christmas.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    JG215570JG215570 Arvada, Colorado Posts: 57
    Going to Vienna Berlin and Oslo. Also hitting up arcade fire in Verona night before Vienna. Hope back to back to back doesn't kill me. Flying standby on united from the states. Hope flights don't fill up...
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    wall232 wrote:
    I couldnt find it. Google says it's a 23 hour train/bus ride to Trieste (most of that is a layover but still time). Do you have a link to that train you're thinking of?

nevermind. ItaliaRail, right?

This is what I've been able to find, hope I'm reading it right.

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.j ... 17f90aRCRD[/quote]

Treni italia is the main operator.
    If you're planning on traveling around in Italy after the Milano-concert, then perhaps you should also check out Italo http://www.italotreno.it/en/Pages/default.aspx. They have less destinations (and sadly not Trieste), but i found them cheaper last year when i was in Italy. And the service and trains were really good!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    jumbojet wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Maybe, they're high now because of the Christmas season. Airlines companies hike the prices for those who want to buy a Europe trip as a present for Christmas.
    This is what I was thinking of. I would imagine that during the holidays there is an increase in bookings, and that after the new years things will start to come down.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
    All of them...

...if I win the $636 Million tonight!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I have never been to Europe before and had plans to be in France for July...so just entered for the 2 UK shows :D:D:D:D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    I have never been to Europe before and had plans to be in France for July...so just entered for the 2 UK shows :D:D:D:D
    Yaaaaaay! That's awesome :)
  • Options
    American Airlines AAdvantage points can be used on Air Berlin in case this helps anyone...
  • Options
    I have an extra GA ticket for:
    Trieste
    Vienna
    Berlin
    Stockholm
    Oslo

Looking for:
    Leeds

I'm willing to buy, sell, or trade. PM me if interested. Thanks.
  • Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    Suziemay wrote:
    American Airlines AAdvantage points can be used on Air Berlin in case this helps anyone...

Thanks, you can use One World or Skyteam to check flights and use your FF points/miles, today I spent 16.000 km from LANPASS (One World) to get AirBerlin Vienna - Berlin 06/26 8:35, unfortunately you can only use it for a round trip, I paid US80 in airport fares and taxes.
  • Options
    Fedeco wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks, you can use One World or Skyteam to check flights and use your FF points/miles, today I spent 16.000 km from LANPASS (One World) to get AirBerlin Vienna - Berlin 06/26 8:35, unfortunately you can only use it for a round trip, I paid US80 in airport fares and taxes.
    I used points for Vienna --> Berlin too, but for anyone with a ton of AAadvantage points, it looks like you can do 30,000 points each way, so 60,000 points round trip from NYC to Milan, Vienna or Berlin! And it looks like you can do it one way too. Hopefully someone benefits from this. Check it out on the American Airlines website.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,270
    Going to Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo -- 20th anniversary tour, as it were. :D

That GA section in Stockholm -- :shock:

I think we're taking flights from city to city, husband says the train trips will take us too long, especially given that Vienna/Berlin and Oslo/Stockholm are back-to-back. We will spend a few extra days in either Vienna or Stockholm, depending on how husband books the return trip.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.