My Review of Irving Plaza

guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam - Irving Plaza review...

I can't even think of the words to describe what I "expereianced" last night at Irving Plaza... I think intense comes to mind often.

We got there at 730 and we were right up front online outside of the building. Around 8ish, they opend the doors. We were on the VIP line with about 40 others and the rest were on the line of about 500 people. We got right in and up front DEAD CENTER! They came on around 915 and played a blistering set until 1130pm. There were no seats, no rules, just pure Pearl Jam and adrenailine at its best.

Some of the songs: (not in order)

World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Comatose, Come Back, Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand, Army Reserve, WHY GO, PORCH, GARDEN, ALIVE, EVEN FLOW, Given to Fly, Present Tense, State of Love & Trust, EWBTCIAST, Man of the Hour, Gone, Yellow Ledbedder, Evolution, and so much more...

They were tight, insane, and the crowd scared the fuck outta me, but we were all together and we all have the BEST fucking time in our Pearl Jam lives... I have TONS of pictures and VIDEO!!!! I will upload them on monday as I am beat and my throat is like spitting dust...

Oh, we met Susan Surandon, Eddies wife and daughter, The Strokes, Scott Ian from Anthrax, and Drew Barimore... thats right kids....

Fuck the spelling.. you get the idea...

I got a pic, I lived the dream, I rode the wave and Im still on cloud 9 from it all...

Intense? You fucking better belive it....
http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
New Jersey - 6-1-06
MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Thanks for sharing...hail hail, the lucky ones...

Can't wait to see the vid and pics.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • when you "say so much more", do you mean songs? It sounds like a cool place to have been. Good for you!
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • robunglesonrobungleson Posts: 57
    Sounds like you had an amazing night! I don't think I can wait another two months to see them!
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    Bump - I will add the pics and videos later today. (im workin teh late shift so give me time)

Hail mutherfucking Hail people!!!!
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • albertgtalbertgt Posts: 19
    :'(

i was standing outside for hours and then a lady in white came out and started giving tickets out to the crowd who couldn't get in. then the crowd swarmed her and she left. and i didn't get a ticket. WTF!!#$!@# i waited until 1030pm and she didn't come back out with more tickets. WTF!#@!$!

p.s. lady in white - thx for the tix, but next time we should get people to line up and distribute the tickets as they go in. it would've been more orderly.
    [2008] New York, NY. Beacon Theater
    [2007] Chicago, Il. Lollapalooza
    [2006] East Rutherford, NJ. Continental Airlines Arena
    [2003] Atlanta, GA. HifiBuys Amphitheater
    [2000] Atlanta, GA. Philips Arena
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    sounds like a great time. I love Susan Sarandon.

I saw Tim Robbins in the hall at the Toledo show talking to a bunch of fans, he looked like the nicest guy in the world.
  • guertin32 wrote:
    Pearl Jam - Irving Plaza review...

I can't even think of the words to describe what I "expereianced" last night at Irving Plaza... I think intense comes to mind often.

We got there at 730 and we were right up front online outside of the building. Around 8ish, they opend the doors. We were on the VIP line with about 40 others and the rest were on the line of about 500 people. We got right in and up front DEAD CENTER! They came on around 915 and played a blistering set until 1130pm. There were no seats, no rules, just pure Pearl Jam and adrenailine at its best.

Some of the songs: (not in order)

World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Comatose, Come Back, Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand, Army Reserve, WHY GO, PORCH, GARDEN, ALIVE, EVEN FLOW, Given to Fly, Present Tense, State of Love & Trust, EWBTCIAST, Man of the Hour, Gone, Yellow Ledbedder, Evolution, and so much more...

They were tight, insane, and the crowd scared the fuck outta me, but we were all together and we all have the BEST fucking time in our Pearl Jam lives... I have TONS of pictures and VIDEO!!!! I will upload them on monday as I am beat and my throat is like spitting dust...

Oh, we met Susan Surandon, Eddies wife and daughter, The Strokes, Scott Ian from Anthrax, and Drew Barimore... thats right kids....

Fuck the spelling.. you get the idea...

I got a pic, I lived the dream, I rode the wave and Im still on cloud 9 from it all...

Intense? You fucking better belive it....
    I was there and would agree with everything you said.
    How did you meet the celebs and Eddie's fam??? How did you get VIP??
    Did you meet the band??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    awesome show. can't wait to see the pictures. was chatting w/a guy whose brother worked for j records at the bar next door - galaxy. was that you?
  • 4HEATHER4HEATHER Posts: 36
    Do you have pics of Ed sitting on top of the crowd singing??? That was amazing!!!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    I am going to post the pix and video on a new thread in about 15 minutes. I just got everything working. Its pretty intense...
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • guertin32 wrote:
    I am going to post the pix and video on a new thread in about 15 minutes. I just got everything working. Its pretty intense...
    How did you meet the celebs and Eddie's fam??? How did you get VIP??
    Did you meet the band??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra