Options

Vienna 2014 - who is coming?

Comments

• Options
    alesek wrote:
    A pre-party is a must, Chris, Birgit, Kathi! :)

By the way im sure there will be some football on too on Tuesday night same as was last year in Malostranska Beseda in Prague... (what a excuse to have a beer, right?)

after party, too!
    The bus ride to Berlin will be THE after party :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    For your info ...

I emailed 10C about GA in Vienna ... asking if the entire floor will be GA or if there will be a GA pit at the front with reserved seating at the back (like the 2013 US/Canada tour). Reply below.

"There is not seating on the floor. The whole floor will be GA.

-10c"
    the entire floor will be GA at all Europe shows
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    alesek wrote:

By the way im sure there will be some football on too on Tuesday night same as was last year in Malostranska Beseda in Prague... (what a excuse to have a beer, right?)

after party, too!

We will find a location!
    :P :P :P :D:D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    petrimp wrote:
    FaezaM wrote:
    I'm trying to make it there 8-) . I may just have my wife stay in Vienna while I take a trip to see PJ at the Wulheide then return asap :shifty: .

Figuring a train would be faster & easier than a car, anyone here know :geek: .

There is a bus going after the show from Vienna to Berlin. Already about 60 ppl signed up...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/3674183 ... /?source=1

:geek:

Cool :shock: :lol: This sounds like lot of fun. How much does that cost?

From what I read on the FB page. . . the price has not been determined yet. Maybe this depends on how many people will sign up? :think:
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    alesek wrote:

after party, too!
    The bus ride to Berlin will be THE after party :mrgreen: .

I'm not going to Berlin, so I will have to find an after party in Austria :cry:
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    For your info ...

I emailed 10C about GA in Vienna ... asking if the entire floor will be GA or if there will be a GA pit at the front with reserved seating at the back (like the 2013 US/Canada tour). Reply below.

-10c"

GA like Amsterdam, with one for TC and then a barrier for everyone else, or GA like Manchester with EVERYONE on the floor, with no second barrier?
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Eraserhead wrote:
    For your info ...

-10c"

GA like Amsterdam, with one for TC and then a barrier for everyone else, or GA like Manchester with EVERYONE on the floor, with no second barrier?

I don't think this info is known yet, but if it is I'd like to know about Milan and Trieste as well

I don't usually like to get in the GA scrum up front...I'd be more inclined to put in for GA tickets if I knew I'd likely be hanging near the back of the 10c section rather than the back of the entire floor.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Eraserhead wrote:
    For your info ...

-10c"

That depends on the venue, and on the gig. At Stadthalle, I've seen both set-ups, for different bands.
  • Options
    I thought that it is only me because Im psycho... but I read that many people decided not to go to Berlin after Vienna (or most people go to Berlin and skip Vienna) because of tight schedule .. somebody really fucked it up this time... :(
    sorry for bitching... but I needed it... :) and still hope for full Stadthalle.
    Prague 2000, 2006, 2012, Vienna 2006, Katowice 2007, Berlin 2010,2012
  • Options
    Skosnik wrote:
    I thought that it is only me because Im psycho... but I read that many people decided not to go to Berlin after Vienna (or most people go to Berlin and skip Vienna) because of tight schedule .. somebody really fucked it up this time... :(

Why would you skip one for the other? Plenty of time to get there.
    Let them skip Vienna, gives me more space in the front row. :lol:
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Kathi wrote:
    Skosnik wrote:

Why would you skip one for the other? Plenty of time to get there.
    Let them skip Vienna, gives me more space in the front row. :lol:

I like the way you are thinking kathi!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Skosnik wrote:
    yep ..touring travelling in the row is a taugh bitch.. :lol:
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Skosnik wrote:

Yes. As far as I see, these back-to-back shows happened in US tour 3 times, this year. The longest is Portland-Spokane but it is still less than Vienna - Berlin distance.

It will be difficult but PJ 2 days in a row in 2 great cities will be fantastic, I am thinking.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I hope to be there :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Sorry for bitchin.. just my problem and frustration... simply love wuhlheide and cannot cope with the fact that maybe im not gonna make it there...
    Anyway .... I would like to offer you guys a free accomodation in Bratislava - 1 free room (my home) - it takes an hour by train after vienna show - then direct train to berlin - 9 hours & x minutes..... train leaves Bratislava at 6am at the day of Berlin show....
    feel free to pm ....
  • Options
    that's a very generous offer! especially for people who need to fly into/out of vienna...bratislava has all the cheap airlines (ryanair etc) while vienna doesn't, so it might be convenient to look for flights there instead.

If you're worried about not making it, there's a bus being organized on facebook, leaving Vienna for Berlin right after the show. :)
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I am hoping to attend the Vienna show. This would be my 2nd trip to Vienna. I was there in December 1996 around the holiday season. I remember it was very cold (even for Austria that time of year). I plan to wear shorts next June. :)

Vienna will be my first PJ show in Europe. I'm also planning to attend Berlin, Stockholm, and Oslo.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    I am hoping to attend the Vienna show. This would be my 2nd trip to Vienna. I was there in December 1996 around the holiday season. I remember it was very cold (even for Austria that time of year). I plan to wear shorts next June. :)

Vienna will be my first PJ show in Europe. I'm also planning to attend Berlin, Stockholm, and Oslo.

Well, good luck with the lottery then!
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I going to try for Vienna!!! (... but cannot decide on GA versus seated ... hmmm)

I will be coming from Canada via northern Italy to see relatives, and then to Vienna if I am lucky in the lottery. Yes, I am trying for Vienna, not the Italy shows ... never been to Vienna, smaller stadium ... so Vienna it is!!!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Today is the day...8.25 am here in Vienna and i'm starting to get a little bit nervous. Good luck to all!
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    :P
  • Options
    I going to try for Vienna!!! (... but cannot decide on GA versus seated ... hmmm)

I will be coming from Canada via northern Italy to see relatives, and then to Vienna if I am lucky in the lottery. Yes, I am trying for Vienna, not the Italy shows ... never been to Vienna, smaller stadium ... so Vienna it is!!!

You won't regret it. Vienna's beautiful. :)

Now...this is going be a loooong day. :lol::lol: Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    2-3 hours to go! Dear lottery god...
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    so looks like best way to get to Vienna from Trieste is driving (4.5 hours) - trains seem longer and no direct flights - any insight would be great!!!!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    so looks like best way to get to Vienna from Trieste is driving (4.5 hours) - trains seem longer and no direct flights - any insight would be great!!!!
    train is the most easy solution..cos of great trip,and most odf fans will do it,so never travel alone..
    maybe someone will organize a bus..lets see.
  • Options
    train is the most easy solution..cos of great trip,and most odf fans will do it,so never travel alone..
    maybe someone will organize a bus..lets see.

Thanks! Think though my desire is see as much as I can of each city and with limited time would like fastest option.....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    up again...hopefully with good lottery news for all!
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    Charged.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Charged.

same here :corn:
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484