Options

For all of you bootleg CD junkies....

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
For all of you die hard bootleg CD buyers. You ever notice on any Chicago , Wisconsin CD, and Champaign, IL CD. Especially the newer CDs. That their is a guy who has the loudest whistle. I mean I hear this guy on every disk. Even more the Chicago Disk’s. But, he is the loudest on the Champaign disk.

So mad whistler reveal yourself!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I was at the Champaign '03 and both Chicago '06 shows. When I started hearing that whistler again on my '06 bootlegs it got old really fast. And it isn't a normal whistle, it's shrill and it's like a series of short bird calls over and over. Way to go whistling guy, you have left your mark on the world. "Guy who whistles at pearl jam shows", great job. Now knock it off.
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    BetterMike wrote:
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I was at the Champaign '03 and both Chicago '06 shows. When I started hearing that whistler again on my '06 bootlegs it got old really fast. And it isn't a normal whistle, it's shrill and it's like a series of short bird calls over and over. Way to go whistling guy, you have left your mark on the world. "Guy who whistles at pearl jam shows", great job. Now knock it off.

mm..there are whistlers in almost every bootleg...i think they are like shakespeares....
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Federico wrote:
    mm..there are whistlers in almost every bootleg...i think they are like shakespeares....

No-no. This guy’s whistle will curdle your milk. It is loud and will make you not be able to make babies. Don't believe me, put on some Chicago boots.
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    I never noticed this until somebody was bitching about it around a year ago. Now I notice it every time. and it is annoying. There are even times when he'll ruin a quieter part of a song. No example immediately jumps to mind, but maybe someone else will. If I ever sit next to that guy at a show...
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    That fucker was at the Cleveland show in '03, too.
  • Options
    FoGFoG Posts: 34
    this has been discussed in multiple threads. fucker's even got a name:

The Whistling Dickhead

he should be taken out in the street and shot in the head like a rabid dog
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Ah, yes, the infamous whistling dickhead. What the fuck is that guy's deal?