Options

Most underated show/boot

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
2003-04-23 Champaign Illinois Assembly Hall

Set 1 Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Save You, Deep, Dissident, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Jeremy, Thumbing My Way, You Are, I Am Mine, Habit, Untitled, MFC, Given To Fly, Nothingman, Blood, Porch
Encore 1 Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son
Encore 2 Blue Red and Grey, Black, Alive, Baba O'Riley

Any show that starts out with DTE is going to be a rocker!!!

The end drumming to "Save You" is top notch.

Great Poster for the show……. That little girl looks like a pEaRl jAm fan.

23 reference in Untilted.

During "Know your rights' it was chaos....

Best version of "Fortunate Son" on the tour

And the God damn mad whistler is at the show (only really knowledgeable PJ boot fans know this one).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    djerdap wrote:
    A great show indeed.
    But definitely the most underrated show there is is the magnificent Cleveland 2006 show.

true!...first appeareance of "it´s ok" of the year....plus a quite long set....it´s a really nice boot to hear for someone that, as me, wasn´t there
  • Options
    lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    I think Bern 06 ist underrated. Shortest European show, no corduroy, no rearviewmirror, no porch..

BUT

sleight of hand, breakerfall, you are, satan's bed, little wing, low light, garden.. i loved it ;)
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:
    I think Bern 06 ist underrated. Shortest European show, no corduroy, no rearviewmirror, no porch..

BUT

sleight of hand, breakerfall, you are, satan's bed, little wing, low light, garden.. i loved it ;)
    Great show. Just a shame I got so bruised during those first few songs.

Portland 2006 is a good one too. Shame about the subdued crowd though.
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    As I´m listening now to Portland 2006 I think this one is really underrated.

It´s a tight and great show with a nice set!
    I love the Cameron solo in E flow and Parachutes is really perfect here...

just my 2cents

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    fuck cincy...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Albany 5/12/06.

Red Mosquito, Off He Goes (both main set), Hide Your Love Away, the return of Satans Bed & Rats, SICK 10+ minutes of PORCH, Sad, Alive closer.

Great show, Great crowd.

Too bad Hartford the next night blew.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007

one of the classic boots for sure!

Best DTE of all time..

wish i was there..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Albany 5/12/06.

Red Mosquito, Off He Goes (both main set), Hide Your Love Away, the return of Satans Bed & Rats, SICK 10+ minutes of PORCH, Sad, Alive closer.

Great show, Great crowd.

Too bad Hartford the next night blew.

I don't know.

I recently saw the dvd of the show and well........i've seen and been in better crowds.
    Europe wins!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Santa Barbara 06 rarely gets mentioned around here, It had one of the best setlists ever.

Oceans, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Low Light, Waiting on a Friend, Hard To Imagine, Daughter, Last Kiss, Come Back, Black, Crazy Mary

Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Even Flow, Whipping, I Got Id, U, Do The Evolution, Porch

Big Wave, Better Man, Comatose, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212

Set 1 Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Save You, Deep, Dissident, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Jeremy, Thumbing My Way, You Are, I Am Mine, Habit, Untitled, MFC, Given To Fly, Nothingman, Blood, Porch
    Encore 1 Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son

And the God damn mad whistler is at the show (only really knowledgeable PJ boot fans know this one).

I'll second that... Being in the UK, I only bought 2 or 3 boots in 2003 and Champaign was one of them. When I saw that set I had to get it. DTE first!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Vancouver 05 - this one doesn't get talked about enough maybe because it kicked the Canadian tour off.... but it really is one of the best pj boots i've heard
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    camden 2 is underrated. all shows that start with wash don't doubt it . it's going to be a good one and this one was.
  • Options
    Holmdel 2003.......Growin' Up, return of Hunger Strike, In My Tree and a bunch more.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 606
    Toronto's 2nd show in 2006 is my favourite boot!
    Vancouver '05 is also underrated.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Both Adelaide 2006 shows.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'm guessing no one said Athens '06.
    It has been condemned over and over due to the "bad singing person". I happened to love it. Perhaps it was due to the negative feedback and my low expectations, but I really loved this boot. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    wolfbear wrote:
    I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'm guessing no one said Athens '06.
    It has been condemned over and over due to the "bad singing person". I happened to love it. Perhaps it was due to the negative feedback and my low expectations, but I really loved this boot. :)
    Are you tone deaf???
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259

I went to 8 shows that tour, and that one was my favorite in terms of the set and everything. Others have more sentimental value (because of the company) but that show was outstanding. :)
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778

I was there and it was a great show....is one of the most underrated as far as the band goes. Crowd could have been better though.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    DananDanan Posts: 94
    wolfbear wrote:

I second that. Hooray for Athens!
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • Options
    Well, that one jerk who just HAD to scream for "Yellowledbetter" during Ed's speech for "Blue, Red, and Grey." If not for that, the set would have been damn near perfection. Although, I'd liked to have heard "Red Mosquito," and "Wishlist," it's hard to argue against this show.

I finally managed to track down a legit copies of the CD's from that show, too. It was my first Pearl Jam show, and since I'm from Champaign, it definitely has sentimental value. I listen to it all the time!
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    bharQ wrote:
    Vancouver 05 - this one doesn't get talked about enough maybe because it kicked the Canadian tour off.... but it really is one of the best pj boots i've heard

Incredible show that is for sure...my first one...however I wish the quality of the boot was better....because the crowd was insane for that one...my vote is for Calgary 2005....often over-looked but great indeed.....

Calgary Set-List: Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy, Whipping, Hail Hail, DTE, Given to Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, Alone, MFC, Daughter, Alone, Insignifance, Not for You, Black, Save You, RVM

1st Encore: Elderly, Thumbing My Way, SLeight of Hand, Hard to Imagine, Alive

2nd Encore: Betterman, Last Kiss, RITFW, Yellow Ledbetter

Best crowd experience of my life and the most people ever inside Calgary Saddledome for a concernt in its history...place was off the hook.
  • Options
    It might sound like it was recorded during a soundcheck, but Ottawa 2005 features a superb setlist and a solid performance (no offence to those there but, WHERE ARE YOU?!).