Nothing As It Seems

LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
edited December 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know Mike uses a Fender Blender on Nothing As It Seems. Has anyone used a combo of pedals to create a similar effect?
2003: Madison Square Garden 1
2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
2008: Madison Square Garden 2
2010: Newark
2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes. I had a Fender Blender (wiring wasn't the best so it often went out. I had to scramble for some alternative. It's tough to get the exact sound but I love his live sound, too. Anyway, I used the following:

Ibanez FL9 Flanger-Digitech XD Digi-Delay-BOSS OC2 Octave-BOSS DS1 Distortion (modded but stock CAN work, too)-Original Crybaby Classic Wah-BBE Soul Vibe. Add a Phase 90, too, if ya want. I also used by Amp's drive channel (Fender Roc-Pro 700). I guess my question is, do you want the studio or live sound. And, if it's the live sound, which year? If you're really in need of a Fender Blender, PM me. I'll sell you mine. I just don't seem to use it, at all. I like the live stuff better. I originally got the Flender thinking that it would make the flange sound (I was a young and inexperienced guitar player that wanted a huge pedal board). Plus, I don't play much, anymore. If I do, it's at church....at the Flender doesn't really fit a church setting (though I've snuck it in once--)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy