MY FAVORITE PEARL JAM THING I OWN.....

Comments

• SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    4757122625_490ea756c6.jpg
    Nature drunk and High
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2013
    Almost impossible to answer. It's a matter of picking my favorite album on vinyl. Has to be a tie between Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado, or Vault #3.... But once I have the Vancouver boot on CD, that will also be in contention.... and if I ever get Benny Hall, that will be the one!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I'd say without thinking about this, my all time best Pearl Jam thing is kind of a couple things:

1. Calgary 09-05-2005 - first Pearl Jam concert and first time in the Ten Club seating - Row 10 on the floor. Caught Stone's orange guitar pick out of the air as he flicked it into the crowd immediately following Rearviewmirror.

2. On September 22, 2011 - Mudhoney played a tiny bar in Edmonton, AB and I attended that show with maybe 80 people. Eddie showed up and I approached him in the bar to say Hi and he told me to come outside because he wanted to smoke a cigarette. So I went outside with him and others followed suit. I had a great chat with him outside and he hugged me and asked how many show's I've been at and if I was in the Ten Club, etc. He was very cool and when I introduced him to my girlfriend he kissed her hand. True Gentleman. Eddie then reached in his pocket and handed me a guitar pick. That is a special gift that I hold very dearly. Little did Eddie know that I am a collector of guitar picks and I have Hundreds of famous guitarists I have seen and met over the past 20 years.

With that said, I knew PJ were on a cross Canada Tour and wondered - what if any of them members of Pearl Jam show up to see Mudhoney play this tiny gig....sure enough just Eddie showed up so I brought Ten to have the possiblity of asking him to sign it, which he did. He got up onstage with Mudhoney and sang "Kick out the Jams" too....

Just check out this link...Edmonton Journal even gave me a free copy of PJ20 on CD for my little interview and pics:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2011/1 ... on-photos/
  • chauncechaunce wilkes-barre, pa Posts: 54
    wow dave that is f**kin awesome. when i met the band in 91' i didn't have anything 2 sign. man i would've loved 2 have a flick w/ the guys. of course in 91' i didn't have a cellphone.
  • I didn't take a pic with Eddie. I respected that he was just out to have a good time. Getting a few minutes to have an acutal conversation man to man and a hug and stuff was fantastic, given his status in the history of Rock, ya know!! My girlfriend was over the moon for the experience.

thats totally awesome that you had a chance to meet them in 1991.

chaunce wrote:
    wow dave that is f**kin awesome. when i met the band in 91' i didn't have anything 2 sign. man i would've loved 2 have a flick w/ the guys. of course in 91' i didn't have a cellphone.
  • Hey look, a grammy!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Hey look, a grammy!
    :lol: Best part of PJ20.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    2006- The Fonda, Hollywood, Ca

Ed leaned over the rail and handed me his pick. Half way through, Mike walked over and handed me his

fonda2006_zpse1c5cb37.jpg
  • My Wrigley Cracker Jack poster. I went through a lot to get that thing….namely 7 hours of my life, possible heatstroke, and spending more money than I care to admit.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    My Randalls Island 1996 Ward Sutton and my bootleg (okay Santos, shoot me, it was like two decades ago when I bought it) of Zurich on vinyl.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    1998 Kansas City poster...no doubt about it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I've got posters from 96 and 98, but by far its my Mr. Point t-shirt from my first show (Milwaukee 95 N2). I love that thing so much. I wish they would reprint it on some soft spun cotton (instead of heavy cotton).

• My Wrigley Cracker Jack poster. I went through a lot to get that thing….namely 7 hours of my life, possible heatstroke, and spending more money than I care to admit.
    Had a good laugh at this, only because I have done similar and understand this scenario.
  • All the smiles I still have from seeing the band over the years. 

I do have an original Mother Love Bone long sleeve that I hold very dear.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    Got to be the picks now anyway. Stones lucky Lucas was my first after evenflow he shot it into the crowd and I snagged it. Have 30ish now. Not just PJ.  Cromags. Overkill. Symphony x. agnostic front. Keho-Lee claypools bud. I'm a pick bandit. Stage used are best!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Tangible items aside, my 10C membership number.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • The people i met touring that have been there for me regardless of tour time.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Mine's my Missoula '98 poster.  I always consider it my first PJ show.  I'd seen them at lolla '92, but I wasn't that vested yet.   I also did a cross Canada trip with one of my best friends.  We weren't sure we'd make it back before the Vancouver show, so we did a minor cheat and headed south from Calgary to get to Missoula.

Poster always reminds me of that trip, that show, the megastorm that hit Missoula before it, how awesome Montana is, and the show crystalized my PJ fandom :)
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    My 1998 South Pacific Tour Poster.
    Image result for pearl jam 1998 south pacific tour poster yield
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    edited November 2018
    Digging the Patagonia satchel and the PJ Red Sox cap at present-Ten is the first CD I ever got (obviously had tapes etc before) and is still my favourite album too. But I think my most prized possession is my Facebook profile pic which is Mike and I. Do virtual possessions qualify?  =)
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Lots of items I love (hey boots!) beyond the experience of seeing them live.....but 2 items stand out.

1)  Friendships.  Never would have expected to make many really great friends through shared love of a band.  Feel fortunate to have more love to both give and receive.

2)  Ten original vinyl & Pearl Jam 'LA Kings' show t-shirt.  Gifted to me by the community here and those items will be special, forever. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The Riot Act vinyl. Or CD. Doesn't matter. Riot act.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    The vinyl. Specifically No Code (my favorite)

The memories of the shows I’ve attended. Nothing like the anticipation/excitement the day of a PJ show!

I guess my favorite “merch” item would be the sports themed shirts I own. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    The people i met touring that have been there for me regardless of tour time.
    they have to be.  you own them.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I guess my Safe Travels keychain which is with me every day.

I don't have a favorite poster.  I guess some guitar pics that Ed handed me are cool. 

• Seriously one of the best hats they ever made.
  • crober72crober72 Bartlett, IL Posts: 74

Seriously one of the best hats they ever made.
    Which tour was this from? Haven't seen this one before, but I really want one now...
  • crober72 said:

Seriously one of the best hats they ever made.
    Which tour was this from? Haven't seen this one before, but I really want one now...
    They might have made 100 of these?  They are really rare.  This is the Yankees variation, the other is the Mets colors.  These were for Global Citizens Festival in 2015.  It also happens to be the first time I met Buck!!!