Options

Promo stuff for the re-release of Ten...need help

He_Who_ForgetsHe_Who_Forgets Posts: 200
edited July 2008 in The Porch
hey all,

an art friend contacted me and is working on promo designs here for shirts and whatnot for the re-release of Ten. she needs help with ideas, so i thought why not ask you guys...

so i guess, what kinda stuff would you like to see on a shirt and such?

also, if you have any good sites that have pics of the old goodies (like twofeetthick, etc.) let me know.

thanks!

edit: this is all i know about the situation. if anybody has any rumors about this, please post as well.
me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Um, Ten is being re-released?

Why didn't I know that?
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    re-release? :confused:
  • Options
    this is ALL i know about it too...doesn't suprise me though.
  • Options
    A re-release doesn't make much 'sense' right now at all unless Epic/Sony is just looking to cash in on this summer of PJ/EV. 'Ten' won't be 20 for another 3 years. Why would they commemorate the 17th anniversary??? Not that I wouldn't love a deluxe version with a bunch of extras, but...
  • Options
    A re-release doesn't make much 'sense' right now at all unless Epic/Sony is just looking to cash in on this summer of PJ/EV. 'Ten' won't be 20 for another 3 years. Why would they commemorate the 17th anniversary??? Not that I wouldn't love a deluxe version with a bunch of extras, but...

like i said this was all i was told...i have no idea. i thought about the 20 year deal too. has anybody else heard anything about this??

and if this is going down...ideas???
  • Options
    I want a bonus DVD/DVD-Audio with all of the songs mixed in 5.1 surround sound along with other bonus/B-Side tracks from the singles!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Re-release the 'Ten' Picture Disc... for 20 bucks a pop.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731

yeah they really should remaster it and remix it in 5.1 surround sound for the twentieth anniversary. I'm sure they'll be do it for Nevermind. So many great albums have been re-released like this. and I think there's a lot they can do with the master tapes they have of Ten. it may not be better than the original, but it surly would be different, which would be cool. I'd also like to hear an early take or demo of Jeremy.

edit: this thread has inspired me to listen to Ten for the first time in forever
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I have NEVER gotten tired of listening to 'Ten'. It's as much a part of my youth as pimples, and crazy hair dye...

It will always be my favorite album of all time, followed VERY closely by 'Never mind the bollocks...here's the Sex Pistols'
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    I think they should do a whole remkx from the original multi track recordings, like BO'B did on Alive and Evenflow for RVM.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    I think they should do a whole remkx from the original multi track recordings, like BO'B did on Alive and Evenflow for RVM.

I agree. Although, I actually like the fact that the album sounds a bit 'dated'. It captured a specific moment in time. It's similar to the whole 'Star Wars' special editions. I absolutely LOVED them, but there was never really anything wrong with the originals...
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Stickman Laptop Bag / messenger bag. They will make a bundle.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

Id take that before Pearl Jam(2006) B-sides!
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    so, anybody know any more about this...??
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

i'd buy one. :)
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    I just noticed that Aural Exploits has a Ten picture disc for sale right now.