Options

Barcelona Nightmare

UKPearlJamUKPearlJam Posts: 7
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Sorry guts but I just need to share my misery.

I live in the United Kingdom and could only get 10c tickets for one european date......in Barcelona.

I was up at 4am on Fri morning at Liverpool airport for 5am and find out Easyjet put the flight back to 9am.........THEN come 9am they cancel the flight and tell me I have to get a flight on saturday.

I'm gutted, please somebody say something to make me feel better like Pearl Jam are coming back to the UK or something?

Thank you EasyJet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Oh man...that's really bad...feel sorry...maybe you should've changed the title to Easyjet nightmare...

Rumours are they will play Europe in 2007, that's what Eddie said in Antwerpen...keep your fingers crossed.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Oh man I hope they come back next year,

I read someone saying Ed was talking about Wembley next year,back stage, but right now that just seems like wishful thinking.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Are Eeasyjet gonna compensate you the price of the concert tickets?
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    would another airline been too expensive? im in america, i dont know how much it cots for a flight like that.

sorry about what happen, they will be back within 2 years i think
  • Options
    guys it sucks don't it.

Most of the people on the flight booked on for the next day but that was no good for me (although I'm sure Barca is good place to visit). I've gots to send a letter to get my money back for flights and I'm going to ask for ticket cost also.

I'm trying to get to see them in Marseille before they go back.....does anyone know the best way of getting there? Flights prices are crazy.
  • Options
    ooooh man, this is completely horrible!!!! an u know what, these fuckers did the same with me earlier this summer, cancelle all flights to barca!!!!
    (ok, it wasnt for pearl jam, they just fucked y holiday, but really incredible!!!!!
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Horrible...
    they speak indeed of more european dates in 2007 (Wembley is mentioned).
    I saw 2 minutes agor there is a thread "1 spare ticket for Paris"...
    Why don't you buyt his ticket. ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
    Julien wrote:
    Horrible...
    they speak indeed of more european dates in 2007 (Wembley is mentioned).
    I saw 2 minutes agor there is a thread "1 spare ticket for Paris"...
    Why don't you buyt his ticket. ?

I'm a girl! But yeah I have a spare and can give you eurostar details etc. that might be cheaper than flying if you're interested :0)

Bad luck on the Barc gig, you must be gutted :0(
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • Options
    Can't feel sorry enough for you :(...couldn't you try to get tickets for another European show just in case they don't come back next year? It's probably the only thing that'll really help you feel any better...good luck :).
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • Options
    Aaah wow you must be so gutted :( I know how excited I am about Paris so I can't sympathise enough.

As mentioned, it looks like there are a few spare Paris tickets floating around...? Could you get a cheap flight through lastminute.com or anything?

If they play at Wembley I will be so happy. I'll go to every night they play!!
  • Options
    UKPearlJam wrote:
    guys it sucks don't it.

Most of the people on the flight booked on for the next day but that was no good for me (although I'm sure Barca is good place to visit). I've gots to send a letter to get my money back for flights and I'm going to ask for ticket cost also.

I'm trying to get to see them in Marseille before they go back.....does anyone know the best way of getting there? Flights prices are crazy.

I have 2 10C tickets for Marseille and flights from Liverpool going spare - alas with Easyjet!!!
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    UKPearlJam wrote:
    Sorry guts but I just need to share my misery.

I live in the United Kingdom and could only get 10c tickets for one european date......in Barcelona.

I was up at 4am on Fri morning at Liverpool airport for 5am and find out Easyjet put the flight back to 9am.........THEN come 9am they cancel the flight and tell me I have to get a flight on saturday.

I'm gutted, please somebody say something to make me feel better like Pearl Jam are coming back to the UK or something?

Thank you EasyJet.
    oh shit! that sounds bad bad bad........you've done alright by not flipping out at the airport.......that coulda pushed me over the edge....makes me angry just thinking about it.......were you going alone?
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    Easy Jet - Ya Get What Ye Pay For
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    I really think the best way to get over it is by trying to get tickets for berlin or paris or marseille...maybe the ferry to holland and then the tcv? (high speed train)to paris....berlin is a 6 hour car drive from holland.Maybe you can ride along with some dutch people that are going to berlin(my car is ful but otherwise i would have offerd it)Hope you get lucky....keep us posted ok??
    Good Luck!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the support, this is the first time I ever posted and it was because I felt compelled to moan (i feel really guilty now).....i just expected loads of other PJ fans to moan along with me about there experiences but you all are so positive and helpful.

I'm looking at catching them again before the end of the tour but because I'm a teacher i can only go at the weekend to either marseille or verona, is anyone else travelling from england or wales.
  • Options
    Rabbitrocks

If you are selling marseille tickets and flight tickets I will gladly sell you my house for them.

Are you not going or are you going alone?

I have e-mailed you.

thanks
  • Options
    I've mailed you back.