Options

PJ Fans in Philly Going to REM

Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Anybody planning on seeing REM at the Mann Center on Wednesday, June 18th in Philly? I am flying in on the night of the 17th. I plan on taking in the Red Sox/Phillies game too at 1 pm on that Wed. and then making it over for the REM concert later that night. Interested in meeting up? Post or PM me. Definitely taking in both PJ shows at Camden after that.

Peace to All Jammers
1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Bunch of us want to...though none of us have tickets at this point :p
  • Options
    Well I'm pretty sure tickets are still available online. I plan on just getting one there that night.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    Well I'm pretty sure tickets are still available online. I plan on just getting one there that night.
    only lawn tickets...so no point in buying those in advance.
  • Options
    Right. That's why I'll just pick one up the night of the show. Are you planning on going Pegasus?
  • Options
    Right. That's why I'll just pick one up the night of the show. Are you planning on going Pegasus?
    totally :).. 5 nights in a row ...I really AM crazy!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Just saw them in L.A. (first row) and Berkeley (second row). AMAZING shows....great mixed setlists...old, new, middle career stuff.

Some of the great oldies were Driver 8, Life and How To Live It, Pretty Persuassion, Wolves-Lower & West of the Fields.

Wish I had more shows....we coulda seen them night 2 in Berkeley with front row seats, but changing the travel plans/missing work woulda been tough.

PJ may have more energy live, but the old REM songs have more meaning to me.
  • Options
    totally .. 5 nights in a row ...I really AM crazy!

What other shows make 5 nights in a row? (REM 18th, PJ 19th and 20th, 21st? 22nd DC?)
  • Options
    totally .. 5 nights in a row ...I really AM crazy!

What other shows make 5 nights in a row? (REM 18th, PJ 19th and 20th, 21st? 22nd DC?)
    Columbia and VB, REM philly, Camden 1&2
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm definitely going and already have my REM ticket. Gonna do a stop, drop, and roll. Stop home after being away catching PJ from WPB to VA. Beach , drop my laundry, and roll to REM. Not sure what time I'll arrive as I'm carpooling up on the morning of the 18th.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Do you lucky people get to see Modest Mouse (if Brock shows up) and The National with this one? Oh man, am I jealous or what?
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    I'll be at the R.E.M. show on the 18th. I got my tickets in the mail a couple of weeks ago- 4th row center, in the pit; I've been in their club for a long time. The 18th looks like a night off for PJ and I was thinking that Ed might try to catch the show. That would be cool if he joined them on stage for a song. It's only two weeks away now and I just got all of my PJ confirmation emails too. I can't wait.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    will be front row pit for r.e.m.... right between michael stipe & peter buck. then two pj camden shows, (still waiting to hear about free msg coldplay tix for the 23rd) and two pj msg shows.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Cool Cool. Looks like I might have some cool Jammers to meet up with. Read your PMs or PM me or post if interested in getting together!

Peace to All Jammers