Options

Seattle poster :(

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    This one does suck pretty hard but I don't think it's as bad as Oakland!!
    That thing is butt ugly! I really get excited about the poster for each show.....what a disappointment. :fp:
    First time ever that I didn't buy a poster for the show. :(
    Oh well..... saved $35
  • Options
    I actually thought it was pretty good. Has a great Pink Floyd vibe to it. Don't understand why the hate or what people were expecting from the poster.
  • Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    I actually thought it was pretty good. Has a great Pink Floyd vibe to it. Don't understand why the hate or what people were expecting from the poster.

He copied his EXACT work he did in Las Vegas. No imagination or thought went into this, none, absolutely NONE.

The variant covers an album that was released 11 years ago. The poster isn't even relevant to the new album...

Sorry for the rant...
  • Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:

He copied his EXACT work he did in Las Vegas. No imagination or thought went into this, none, absolutely NONE.

The variant covers an album that was released 11 years ago. The poster isn't even relevant to the new album...

Sorry for the rant...

So you had expectations from an artist that they didn't fulfill? I think that makes it even cooler in my opinion, it's a throw back tribute. Sorry not trying to be negative but maybe the true art of it is that there is a more outspoken influence with Pink Floyd in the recent 2 years and the artist felt it was relivent to rediscover that idea. It's art, and that might have been the biggest artistic idea behind it? It's all subjective, and trust me I've been to shows that had some posters that were not to my taste, but I never went to a show expecting a poster that I thought would be the greatest poster ever, I still willing forked out the cash and bought it. In the end it's art, never saw a Picaso that I found amazing, and he reused the same ideas.
  • Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    mattsl1983 wrote:

Sorry for the rant...

So you had expectations from an artist that they didn't fulfill? I think that makes it even cooler in my opinion, it's a throw back tribute. Sorry not trying to be negative but maybe the true art of it is that there is a more outspoken influence with Pink Floyd in the recent 2 years and the artist felt it was relivent to rediscover that idea. It's art, and that might have been the biggest artistic idea behind it? It's all subjective, and trust me I've been to shows that had some posters that were not to my taste, but I never went to a show expecting a poster that I thought would be the greatest poster ever, I still willing forked out the cash and bought it. In the end it's art, never saw a Picaso that I found amazing, and he reused the same ideas.

I agree it's not so much bad as disappointing (Oakland was bad). But, I'm a Floyd fan and never once thought of them when looking at this poster even after you suggested it. Can tell me the connection? Bec he's spraying a wall? If that's it, then you are really reaching. Another reach which is closer than Floyd would be the dead bc of the skeleton hand. But whoa. Even that's such a reach I had to visit the chiropractor after simply mentioning it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    If someone is unhappy with their poster i´m in search of one! Thx
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    I'm not seeing the pink Floyd connection either. But even with a tangential connection the poster is underwhelming. But congrats to the guy who scored the double variant. :)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    mattsl1983 wrote:

Sorry for the rant...

Maybe, or he woke up that deadline day saying "oh crap! I gotta do a PJ print!" :oops:
    My expectations weren't high, never thinking that it would be the best just maybe something better than this? Remember he did recycle his art.
    But I will also try and buy his AP if he has one.
    Where is the wall tie in?
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Pink-Floy ... 84381_.htm

Not sure what the artist was thinking, but this design looks similar compositionally to me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    *bump, if anyone has a variant "Riot Act" print, please let me know.

Thank you!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited December 2013
    This one does suck pretty hard but I don't think it's as bad as Oakland!!
    That thing is butt ugly! I really get excited about the poster for each show.....what a disappointment. :fp:
    First time ever that I didn't buy a poster for the show. :(
    Oh well..... saved $35
    Oakland's is really really bad, but at least it had something original. How many other posters have we seen that actually make us dizzy?? The Seattle poster is a steaming pile of shit. Actially, it's not even as interesting as a steaming pile of shit. It is completely unoriginal and literally required no artistic skill or talent to create. The fuckin' people who physically printed the poster and the one who hung it up on the wall at the merch stand displayed more skill than the artist did when he "created" this poster. The fact that someone with the band approved it, and then approved the variant, and then they didn't even play a single riot act song at the show almost seems like a purposeful "fuck you" to the Seattle fans.

Worst PJ poster of all time. First concert poster in my life that actually made me mad. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mattsl1983 wrote:
    mattsl1983 wrote:

Sorry for the rant...

thats a nice idea and had the artist provided any storyline on the back like every single other poster im aware of did I think it would be more acceptable. However in reality he didnt and therefore I think its reasonable to assume.....in the absence of explanation that he does not in an way have to provide.....that its sloppy seconds .
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    D*Face is huge in Europe?

:roll:

so are a lot of really shitty bands.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    D*Face is huge in Europe?

:roll:

so are a lot of really shitty bands.
    hahahahaha :mrgreen:
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    I'm still looking for a single variant "riot act" print from the show.
    Any help would be sweet!! :)