The cat knows..

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
The cat knows we are going away on a trip. It seems that once she sees the luggage get brought down from the closet, she starts to act funny. She starts running all around and trying to get a lot of attention..

Do your animals know when you are leaving for a trip?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh completely... It's all about the luggage... My cat Onyx used to sit on it and not get off..

My dogs peed on mine... :evil: :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Oh completely... It's all about the luggage... My cat Onyx used to sit on it and not get off..

With the cat on top? ruthless!! :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Caveeze wrote:
    Oh completely... It's all about the luggage... My cat Onyx used to sit on it and not get off..

With the cat on top? ruthless!! :lol:
    No :lol:
    Different era
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Why do people have cats? All the aggravation of a child, but you don't get to stand on the side line and scream at them like an idiot while they are playing sports.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Why do people have cats? All the aggravation of a child, but you don't get to stand on the side line and scream at them like an idiot while they are playing sports.
    Yes I do ;)

and I, like many others, enjoy the company of a cat.. They are cool as all shit!
  • Cats are crazy and hilarious. Before every trip, mom's sits in her suitcase as she's trying to pack and won't get out lol they can sense things.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    both the cat and dog know somethings up all the time. Our cat runs back and forth like a madman... and the dog whines at the door wanting to go.

silly meatballs
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Nami wrote:
    both the cat and dog know somethings up all the time. Our cat runs back and forth like a madman... and the dog whines at the door wanting to go.

silly meatballs

:lol: Yeah, our kitty does the madman run too ... We will miss her terribly, but the trip is not that long and she has peeps staying and playing with her the whole time. That makes it more bearable for us.
  • my dog used to know when i was leaving when he saw the suitcase. he would fight me and try to follow me out the front door. i would have to trick him with a treat, throw it, and sneak out the front door when he had his back turned... ahh memories..

the other guitar player in my band had a dog that used to pee on his guitar case when he was packing up for a show.... that thing started to reek after awhile. :lol::lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    ....when the time will come for her to kill me. I can tell, she is just biding her time......
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Mine will sit in front of the door and not move.
    :lol:
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    And then when you get back... she gives you the cold shoulder. :fp:

I went away for ONE NIGHT and left my cat alone - the next night she kept me up all night yelling at me. I can't wait to see what she does when I'm gone for a MONTH :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Caveeze wrote:
    Why do people have cats? All the aggravation of a child, but you don't get to stand on the side line and scream at them like an idiot while they are playing sports.
    Yes I do ;)

and I, like many others, enjoy the company of a cat.. They are cool as all shit!
    I agree with Cav!! And my cat knows when I'm leaving.. When I was packing for TX/OKC.. He kept crawling in the bags til I zipped then up. Then he lay ontop of them til I put them in the car..
  • Our cat knows when we pull out the luggage too. She acts weird and starts ignoring us, lol. Then she's a little sucky baby when we get back.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    When I was younger we had a Pomeranian who whose my mom's dog and everytime they went on vacation the dog never did anything until they got back. He use to jump on their bed some point during the day when they first returned and he would piss on my dad's pillow.....never mom's :lol: Always new it happened that day cause it was wet :lol: The 7lb dog knew the beating was coming too, he was always ready for. Bet this happened atleast 4 times that I can remember :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Not only does mine act weird as I'm packing (and sits in front of the door to apparently stop me) but she also gives me the cold shoulder when I get back. It takes a good hour or two before she'll come up to me. At that point, she won't leave me alone.
    Ha!
    Damn cat! :lol:
  • Well, we just came back and the kitty was overwhelmed with joy :mrgreen: It's awesome that she is never mad at us when we come back ...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    1248951765_kitten-mittens.gif
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The cat runs and hides when I pull out a bag/suitcase. Then when I dump a bunch of food in his bowl he stuffs his face silly, doesn't care when I leave...but when I come home, he won't stop following me everywhere. Then, when I pick him up for hugs, and he turns on the waterworks-he slobbers all over me. :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless