Options

If PJ announce a tour this year

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited January 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
how long is it usually before the dates are announced and then the tickets go on sale?

Im just curious as im thinking, if they do a US tour how long will i have to plan a few shows, ya know like how much time i will have to sort out where i can realistically afford to go to.
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    33 views and nobody knows the answer?

:confused:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    how long is it usually before the dates are announced and then the tickets go on sale?

its exactly 377479 hours to go my friend

p.s. many many thansk for those dvds that arrived this morning.. you're gf is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love them.. cheers amigo!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    its exactly 377479 hours to go my friend

p.s. many many thansk for those dvds that arrived this morning.. you're gf is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love them.. cheers amigo!

hee hee hee thats was a special performance just for you my scottish friend ;)

i meant to say in my original question "IF a tour is announced, how long before they go on sale once its announced" not, when will tickets be on sale......ooh forget it im making it even more confusing trying to explain the question!! :D
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    It's a fair enough question, but I really doubt they will tour this year. I think the 2007 shows were announced around Jan/Feb, and the tour was in June.

Hang on...i'll check my 10c profile for purchase dates. :D

Yep it was January.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    It's a fair enough question, but I really doubt they will tour this year. I think the 2007 shows were announced around Jan/Feb, and the tour was in June.

Hang on...i'll check my 10c profile for purchase dates. :D

Yep it was January.

yeah but do ya get a few days from announcement to them going on sale thats what i mean? its gonna be hard work figuring out travel to america and what shows ya can get planes/trains and automobiles to :D

perhaps i'll do the trip with steve martin ;)
  • Options
    yeah but do ya get a few days from announcement to them going on sale thats what i mean? its gonna be hard work figuring out travel to america and what shows ya can get planes/trains and automobiles to :D

perhaps i'll do the trip with steve martin ;)
    OH. You're in the UK aswell. I'm pretty sure you get a few days. The way I did it in 06 and 07 was to buy 10c tickets...then worry about the rest of it! It always works out. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    handfull of days generally...though for some it was a handfull of hours (actually.. for Copenhagen and Katowice, it was AFTER they went on sale no? )
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    handfull of days generally...though for some it was a handfull of hours (actually.. for Copenhagen and Katowice, it was AFTER they went on sale no? )
    Don't think there was much notice...but i'm pretty sure it was before they went on sale. But they weren't in demand shows to begin with, and I was able to sit there for hours deliberating on whether to actually buy tickets or not.

Then Emma told me to buy Copenhagen tickets. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    i made up a rumour from some guy in the pub who sold Ed a packet of pork scratchings once that its on for SCOTLAND 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i made up a rumour from some guy in the pub who sold Ed a packet of pork scratchings once that its on for SCOTLAND 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If PJ ever play Scotland again, i'll be there. Unless i'm dead, or otherwise incapacitated.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    If PJ ever play Scotland again, i'll be there. Unless i'm dead, or otherwise incapacitated.

damn straight you'll be there... we'll all be there. :):D

man.. that email has made me think that maybe one or two appearances could be on the cards.. festival slots or something... just to keep the interest going.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    damn straight you'll be there... we'll all be there. :):D

man.. that email has made me think that maybe one or two appearances could be on the cards.. festival slots or something... just to keep the interest going.
    Hopefully. If they do play anywhere, and it's after my graduation in July, i'm gonna try my hardest to go, wherever it is.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    Busy Year = Tour?

Dear 10c member- Happy New Year! We're all really excited about 2008 and we really hope you are, too. While it's still too early to make any big announcements, we want to let you all know that the band is looking forward to a busy year ...
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Don't think there was much notice...but i'm pretty sure it was before they went on sale. But they weren't in demand shows to begin with, and I was able to sit there for hours deliberating on whether to actually buy tickets or not.

Then Emma told me to buy Copenhagen tickets. :p
    actually, I'm sure I woke up (midday as usual when I'm not working) to find that those tickets were already on sale.. no notice at all (though we knew it was coming for poland since they were going on general sale that day..but Copenhagen was a complete suprise)..they send an email in the morning to say: it's on sale NOW.. and the rest is on sale Monday (it was a Friday)

Just checked and I still have the email:
    received 00:59 PST for tickets going on sale 1am PST!!!! 1 mn advance notice!
    and it was 9am UK, 10am Europe so anyone not able to check their private email at work (i.e. a lot of people) didn't know about it until after work...which is why when I got up 1pm I still managed to grab them (Katowice were long to go, but Copenhagen sold out that day I believe, which is why many Danes missed out)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Pegasus wrote:
    actually, I'm sure I woke up (midday as usual when I'm not working) to find that those tickets were already on sale.. no notice at all (though we knew it was coming for poland since they were going on general sale that day..but Copenhagen was a complete suprise)..they send an email in the morning to say: it's on sale NOW.. and the rest is on sale Monday (it was a Friday)

and it was 9am UK, 10am Europe so anyone not able to check their private email at work (i.e. a lot of people) didn't know about it until after work...which is why when I got up 1pm I still managed to grab them (Katowice were long to go, but Copenhagen sold out that day I believe, which is why many Danes missed out)

as long as we get notice this time i will be happy!!!
    in 06 it was a few days, which is why i missed out on nearly all the shows!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Busy Year = Tour?

Dear 10c member- Happy New Year! We're all really excited about 2008 and we really hope you are, too. While it's still too early to make any big announcements, we want to let you all know that the band is looking forward to a busy year ...
    Could mean recording. Recording would be a bigger secret than more touring.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    I believe the St.Paul shows in 2006 were announced at the end of March with shows themselves being in June.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    Could mean recording. Recording would be a bigger secret than more touring.

We still haven't seen any of the "extra songs" from the Avocado surface so maybe they are polishing those up and putting together a few new tunes as well?
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

Fair enough. I can't remember how I found out...I think someone must have told me. I bought a pair for Copenhagen in the afternoon, and then logged in as someone else to buy another pair as they coulnd't get to a computer...and that must have been about 4pm. Certainly didn't take as much effort as buying for the rest of the shows!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Fair enough. I can't remember how I found out...I think someone must have told me. I bought a pair for Copenhagen in the afternoon, and then logged in as someone else to buy another pair as they coulnd't get to a computer...and that must have been about 4pm. Certainly didn't take as much effort as buying for the rest of the shows!
    precisely because most people didn't know about it yet..
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

email ? what email ?? :o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    precisely because most people didn't know about it yet..
    That makes sense. I really didn't know that before. I was confused as to how easily I got tickets.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~