Options

2013 Tour: Your Top 5 Moments

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited December 2013 in The Porch
5 Comp tickets during WOR 1 and getting upgraded from the last row behind the stage to 8th row side.
4 Porch and RVM In the same set (WOR 2)
3 Throwing back a few Brews with DS (HART)
2 Release/Long Road in Worcester 1
1 Crowd in Hartford.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited December 2013
    1. Great tix from 10club for Dallas/ OKC
    2.hearing Chloe Dancer/ crown of thorns in Dallas
    3. Hearing Wash & Immortality in OKC
    4. Meeting other great PJ fans
    5. the sing alongs
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    edited December 2013
    1- Hearing Breath!!!
    2- Crowd at BK2
    3- Winning lottery tix to Phl and Sea
    4- Getting to hear Leaving Here twice!
    5- Wrigley and all it's glory
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    Great thread topic!

1. Going to GA two shows after being shut out in 10C lotto (thanks for those that helped!!!)
    2. Oceans. I started a thread to have it played in the Northeast and it was once... at my first show of the tour
    3. Hearing 22 songs for the first time (Dissident, All those Yesterdays, Chloe Dancer, Comeback + more)
    4. Crowds of Philly 1 and Hartford were fantastic
    5. Realizing I "completed" four albums in a four show span
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,110
    5) Brooklyn 1 Oceans :)
    4) Hartford Last exit into Immortality
    3)Brooklyn 2... Whole show, encores especially
    2) San Diego.... Eds mom, our Filipino friend, tremor Christ, light years.... Amazing set
    1) being in GA for both LA shows...felt like 1 6hr plus show cause I don't remember in between both shows ;)...... I had an awesome time and they played some great stuff.

Amazing tour.... Seattle hopefully will bump one of these out :lol:
  • Options
    Wow. Great thread. Way more than 5 for me, but I'll just do 5, no, 6... to adhere to your strict guidelines. ;)

6) Catching up with my Alpine Valley ticket buddy and friends after Bk 1
    5) Catching up with all my old CT buddies including my college roommate, etc. before and after the Hartford show and bringing the 5th of my PJ first timers - my brother in law
    4) Being on/near the rail in front of Mike at Wor 2 with new friends from Brazil and Netherlands (via Mexico) after waiting on line with Keith (dad of the girl who got all the cool swag at the show) and getting a swig from Ed's bottle
    3) Philly 1 and 2 hanging with Dave the legend ElwayVedder, Adam (Ahill), Matt (HonorArmyRangers), Gareth from Australia and everyone else with a list way too long to name, but shout out to Gary (bostongahden) for doing a solid and swapping a GA night 1 for a regular old 10C night 2 :shock: and being a very cool concert/ticket buddy
    2) Wash and Alive at Bk 2 - my 14 yo getting psyched upon hearing Wash, my 9 and 12 yo up dancing and singing to Alive while my 14 yo holds up 3 fingers realizing we'd just completed the trilogy (albeit it completely out of order) in 1 night. (All first timers)
    1) Chloe/Crown at Bk 1 after I had eductated my 23 yo nephew (1st timer) on the history of the band and guided him to this song in the afternoon and said - but you'll never get this live - and boom - holy spit!

I honestly could go on. I have about 50 from my 6 show run, and I've barely talked about the music (Sleight of Hand!). I even cheated and put multiple "moments" into each moment. I'm a cheater. What can I tell ya?!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Not necessarily in order...

Everything about my three days with three friends in Chicago for the Wrigley show
    Sharing Bk1 with my wife and Bk2 with my 12 year old daughter
    Road trip to Hartford with my long time good friend and seeing Philly 2 with him and his sons
    Tailgating before Philly 1 with a bunch of old college friends
    All Philly1 - The first chord of Long Road, the intensity of RVM, and Leash

I think that's more than five, but hey I only used five lines of text :D
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Number 5. Being on the railing on Stone's side in Los Angeles' first night.
    Number 4. Finally getting a full night's sleep after working Monday.
    Number 3. Being on the rail in front of Stone's mic in Los Angeles' second night with friends and love.
    Number 2. Seeing my friends from Hawaii and Buffalo ever so briefly, because I don't get to see them as much as I would like to.
    Number 1. Being on the railing in San Diego with my girlfriend and watching Eddie toss her a tamborine.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    1. Worcester 2 -> My first show. Sitting 7 rows away stage side to Guitar God McCready. Pretty sure I made eye contact with both Mike and Ed. Having Alive -> Baba -> YLB to close it out = out of body experience. Pure joy.
    2. Worcester 2 -> Finding an Ed guitar pick on the ground a row behind where I sat after the show. :thumbup:
    3. Brooklyn 1 -> Release, Dissident, Eruption, Chloe/Crown, OCEANS, Sleight of Hand...special night.
    4. Brooklyn 2 -> "SETLUST!" Seriously, the setlist was amazing and the crowd was awesome.
    5. Hartford. The End. :lol: Actually, having a 10C member sell me his spare ticket was much appreciated! Had a great view. It was great to be close to the stage and be rocking out with all the hardcore fans. The entire night was special. "Fucking unbelievable!" to quote Ed. Best show I've been to. :D
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,874
    Not even going to try and rank these...

Release --> Long Road at Worcester 1

NAIS at Worcester 1...my first time hearing it live

Fatal and Other Side on back to back nights in Worcester

Chloe/Crown --> Eruption/ATBL in Hartford

Taking my girl to her first show, Worcester 2, and her declaring halfway through that she wanted to come to Hartford too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    1. Wrigley (just the whole experience in genreal)
    2. getting a ticket to Brooklyn 2 about an hour before the show :lol:
    3. Brain Of J- philly 1
    4. when Eddie called the dude in the yellow shirt in Baltimore getting on stage from the upper seats
    5. meeting more people at the pre-parties and show :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    1) Seeing Breath and No Way in LA
    2) Getting 2nd row side stage seats on mike's side for San Diego 2 days before the show on ticketmaster
    3) Of The Girl and Footsteps in Pittsburgh
    4) Being 4 people deep in the pit and seeing the anger on Ed's face when he kicked the woman out of the pit in LA
    5) Being pleasantly surprised at how groovy and awesome Sleeping By Myself sounded live.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    In the order in which they happened:

The show at Wrigley
    The show in Pittsburgh
    The show in buffalo
    The show night 1 in Philly
    The show night 2 in Philly

Loved every second of every show. Sounds cheesy, but its the truth..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    5. Dallas- Nothingman/WWS/Glorified G/Indifference/FOOTSTEPS!
    4. OKC- Wash/Sometimes/MFC/Immortality/Satan's Bed/Supersonic....PARTING WAYS!
    3. Krista...that girl made my first PJ concert experience a great one.
    2. Chole/Crown in Dallas...I never thought I would be lucky enough to hear this!
    1. Driving into Dallas alone for my very PJ concert and leaving with a big group of new friends!
  • Options
    SS159426SS159426 Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    5. Pearl Jam in Dallas. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I brought my son with me (his first 'real' rock concert).

4. Buying the 2013 Bootleg set. I couldn't help myself. It sounds like it's that good of a tour - 30+ songs, nearly 3 hours - wow. I don't want to miss out on one moment of this special tour even if I can't attend them all. This will soon be replaced by listening to the 2013 Bootleg set.

3. Hearing 7 of the 12 Lightning Bolt songs was fantastic. I don't know, this album just might become my favorite. It's really that good. Opening with "Pendulum" was a perfect start (my son liked the violin bow) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxavh5nB_QY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxdByFPoDkA3jjCxuJjIIvA).

2. Being a part of and hearing the Dallas audience really sing out and knowing I (we) are a part of something pretty special here.

1. "The Real Me" - I brought my 15-year-old son with me and I had been watching the set lists from leg 1. They'd been slipping in a Who song from time to time, but which one might it be? My son has really gotten into Quadrophenia this year (my fault I'm sure). This song is what we wanted to hear the most. So, this was the moment - jumping up and down, arms around each other and singing at the top of our voices. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRUacYK2kc)

Excellent thread!
    Post edited by SS159426 on
    1993, Nov. 5, Indio, CA
    1994, Oct. 1, Mountain View, CA
    1994, Oct. 2, Mountain View, CA
    1995, June 24, San Francisco, CA (w/Neil)
    2000, Oct. 17, Dallas, TX
    2006, July 9, Los Angeles, CA
    2006, July 10, Los Angeles, CA
    2013, Nov. 15, Dallas, TX
  • Options
    Great Thread!

1) Being able to share 3 concerts with my family: Worcester 1 (9 year old son - 1st show), Worcester 2 (14 year old son - on the rail), Hartford (my wife - night alone without 3 kids - priceless!)

2) Long Road - Release Worcester 1 - Seeing Ed with Boston Strong patch was very emotional, and these two songs capped it off. That Ed not only recognizes these moments but also ties it into where they were at when the event happened, it just shows how much these guys genuinely care about what's going on in the world and their fans!

3) Hartford - Amazing crowd, I think the loudest (only show that compares in 26 shows was MSG II in 2010). There was some heavy shit going on with Ed meeting with some of the parents from the Newtown tragedy. Hearing Come Back dedicated to one of the victim's wrecked me. I still get emotional thinking about it...I don't know how Ed has the strength to meet with these parents, but I could not be more appreciative that they do stuff like this.

4) Having Ed share his wine with me at Worcester II (and getting a pick from Mike that will be framed for my 14 old who was first row)

5) Getting a "Greatest hits show" with my 14 year old son on the rail at Worcester II. He knows every word to every song and it was awesome to see him rocking out and seeing the band so close!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Caveeze wrote:

The show at Wrigley
    The show in Pittsburgh
    The show in buffalo

I think you were stalking me....
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

The show at Wrigley
    The show in Pittsburgh
    The show in buffalo

I think you were stalking me....
    I was.. Our bag had a recording device in it as well... so we could listen to your conversations! :lol:

Thank you again for that.. I will never forget that favor!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Awesome thread!

1. Wrigley - my first PJ concert - the whole experience, I couldn't have asked for anything more! :D
    2. Crying my eyes out hearing Black live for the first time at Wrigley.
    3. CD/COT at Wrigley
    4. Footsteps in Pittsburgh
    5. Indifference closing Buffalo (even though Eddie didn't sing the second verse :lol: ). Maybe I'll get the whole song someday!

Here's to making some more memories in 2014 - tour the Midwest, Please!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    1. Front row on stones side, London, rocked out with Heath and his lady friend, he got mike's iggy &the stooges t-shirt.
    2. Seeing Yellow moon, Infallible, Sirens and getaway live.
    3. Hanging out with fireman Joe in LA in the GA line, also throwing the football around with a young PJ fan Zakk.
    4. Angry Eddie, LA 1
    5. Encore 2 Buffalo, Go, Alive, Baba O'Riley and Indifference
    Honorable Mention - Running into Billy Idol, LA 1.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    5 Chloe/Crown Brooklyn

4 untitled in philly with my wife. More on that later

3 round tripping Baltimore solo from Long Island because I managed 10th row side stage during general on sale. Felt like I was on stage

2 eruption/ATBL Hartford. And the whole Hartford experience

1 waking up in middle of night, checking phone and seeing they played untitled in Oakland. Was my 10 th anniversary and the first song my wife and I danced to 10 years prior. I asked them to play it, with little expectation they would. Thought wow that's cool, I wonder if someone saw my request and passed it along? Fast forward to thanksgiving night when I find it on YouTube to discover that ed mentioned me (there's someone out there that this is very important to) and rewrote the lyrics a bit in honor of my 10th anniversary. ( we got out of our rooms, 10 years ago, I could be there in, yeah say it, 10 minutes or so

And bonus moment, Philly 2 during a long ed speech, threw a "point" at Mike, and he pointed back. Everyone was intently watching and listening to Ed, so I went for it, and got it back. This happened a few times in Baltimore, but philly was the first personal interaction I've ever had with anyone from the band
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Caveeze wrote:

The show at Wrigley
    The show in Pittsburgh
    The show in buffalo

I love you :D
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    JOBING.COM ARENA
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Tue 19 November, 2013

SET 1
    Long Road
    Release
    Low Light
    Interstellar Overdrive
    Corduroy