Options

Eddie Italian Translation required please

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Does anybody know what Eddie says after Crazy Mary in Pistoia, the crowd seemed to love it and i was just stood there dumfounded (perhaps as im an ignorant English man who doesnt know other languages!!!!)
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anybody? perhaps an Italian could help........................

also, how do i get a smiley face to appear in my actual message as i can only get it next to the title?
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I don't have the boot yet... wanna venture writing down the sounds? :p

And for the smiley, just type : ), but without the space in the middle :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    i really wouldnt know how to type the sounds, i could try but it will probably be easier for me to figure it out than you figuring out my dodgy typing!!

here goes nothing.........sounds like

a bian a passata una set dimara in italia, (big cheer) la prosima boata magari sala balon mercy (massive cheer) magari belye resto de le nostraveety (even bigger cheer)

apologies for all the obvious errors but its hard to understand Eddie speaking english at times ;)
  • Options
    i really wouldnt know how to type the sounds, i could try but it will probably be easier for me to figure it out than you figuring out my dodgy typing!!

here goes nothing.........sounds like

a bian a passata una set dimara in italia, (big cheer) la prosima boata magari sala balon mercy (massive cheer) magari belye resto de le nostraveety (even bigger cheer)

apologies for all the obvious errors but its hard to understand Eddie speaking english at times ;)

Oh, no... perfect :)
    Someone reported this sentence in the Pistoia thread.

"We spent a week in Italy, next time maybe we'll stay a month, or maybe for the rest of our lives"
  • Options
    did you work that out from my ancient scripture or did you just remember what somebody else had asked??? if its from my workings i could be in the wrong job and should go into languages or something!! ;)
  • Options
    did you work that out from my ancient scripture or did you just remember what somebody else had asked??? if its from my workings i could be in the wrong job and should go into languages or something!! ;)

eh... I don't think I would have gotten it just by what you typed :D
  • Options
    hahaha

i really must turn it off now and get to bed, nighty night!
  • Options
    Hi, I was at that concert.
    If I remember well (beacuse eddie spoke a lot of time in italian to us) after crazy mary he said :"questa volta siamo stati in italia una settimana, la prossima volta staremo un mese o forse per il resto delle nostre vite"
    it means : "this time we've spent one week in italy, next time one month, or maybe we'll stay for the rest of our lifes"

I'm not sure, beacuse he spoke 3-4 times in italian, maybe i confuse with one other speech... but that before is the one the provoke more craziness in the crowd!!!
    When I listen to the bootleg I'll write back the right answer.
    Ciao (and come on, learn a foreign language!!!!)
    :D
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    If I remember well (beacuse eddie spoke a lot of time in italian to us) after crazy mary he said :"questa volta siamo stati in italia una settimana, la prossima volta staremo un mese o forse per il resto delle nostre vite"
    it means : "this time we've spent one week in italy, next time one month, or maybe we'll stay for the rest of our lifes"

I'm not sure, beacuse he spoke 3-4 times in italian, maybe i confuse with one other speech... but that before is the one the provoke more craziness in the crowd!!!

Yup, that's what he said and the crowd went wild!
  • Options

Perhaps everytime he speaks in italian on the boot you can post or mail me the translation and after what song he says it????

(and i would learn a language but theres sooooo many out there its hard to think which one would be most useful when travelling about)
  • Options
    Perhaps everytime he speaks in italian on the boot you can post or mail me the translation and after what song he says it????

(and i would learn a language but theres sooooo many out there its hard to think which one would be most useful when travelling about)
    ok I can post here the translation.
    But, does eddie speak only in italian?I mean, when he was in spain he didn't speak in spanish, in france in french, in german... and so on?
    Only in italian? :D:D
    LOL
  • Options
    ok I can post here the translation.
    But, does eddie speak only in italian?I mean, when he was in spain he didn't speak in spanish, in france in french, in german... and so on?
    Only in italian? :D:D
    LOL

i dont get it????
  • Options
    i dont get it????

lol I don't either...He spoke French in France, German in Germany, even croatian... so yeah, he learnt a little bit of each language during this tour...
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    And he spoke Spanish in Vitoria, Dutch in Arnhem, Czech in Prague and German in Vienna:):):) it was damn funny to hear him speak in foreign languages:)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    And he spoke Spanish in Vitoria, Dutch in Arnhem, Czech in Prague and German in Vienna:):):) it was damn funny to hear him speak in foreign languages:)

That's awesome!
    I wonder if he gets nervous trying to speak to all those thousands of fans in their languages.

I find it incredibly gracious that he takes the time to try.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    i dont get it????

I think ScarletStarlet was jokingly asking whether you would require a translation service for all the other languages considering Eddie spoke in the local language of every country they've been to!

At least, that's how I interpreted her/his post. :)
  • Options
    Born2Jam wrote:
    That's awesome!
    I wonder if he gets nervous trying to speak to all those thousands of fans in their languages.

I find it incredibly gracious that he takes the time to try.

He would read from a piece of paper, although he did a little improptu in Italian too. His Italian is not bad! :D

But yeah, it is an extremely nice touch to speak the local language of all the countries they're visiting in tour. :)

Ops, double post - sorry.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    He was probably saying something along the lines of the following:

(In Napoli where love is King, when boy meets girl, here's what they say)

When the moon hits your eye like a big-a pizza pie
    That's amore
    When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
    That's amore

Bells'll ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
    And you'll sing "Vita bella"
    Hearts'll play tippi-tippi-tay, tippi-tippi-tay
    Like a gay tarantella

When the stars make you drool joost-a like pasta fazool
    That's amore
    When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet, you're in love
    When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreamin', signore
    'scusa me, but you see, back in old Napoli, that's amore!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird