Options

Lollapalooza

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
ball bags, my stupid totally never gonna happen idea of going to lolla after being so excited at the euro shows has fell on its arse already, a brief checking of flights reveals a whopping £1684.60 for two return flights, hmmmmm dont think i could persuade the wife on that one, no matter how good the last three shows have been :rolleyes: oh well looks like i'll just have to wait another six years or more!!!!! damn it!
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    ball bags, my stupid totally never gonna happen idea of going to lolla after being so excited at the euro shows has fell on its arse already, a brief checking of flights reveals a whopping £1684.60 for two return flights, hmmmmm dont think i could persuade the wife on that one, no matter how good the last three shows have been :rolleyes: oh well looks like i'll just have to wait another six years or more!!!!! damn it!

to be honest, i dont think it will be that good.. its only a festival.. greatest hits you know.. maybe 1 or 2 rares....

but i guess people are more exited becuase they actually get to see pj this year
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    to be honest, i dont think it will be that good.. its only a festival.. greatest hits you know.. maybe 1 or 2 rares....

but i guess people are more exited becuase they actually get to see pj this year

yeah your right i just got caught in a moment listening to boots and thought "i wonder???" never gonna happen, may aswell wait til a real tour ane venture over there, thats the ultimate goal anyway :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    gonna be a big party but im a quick plane ride away

i wouldnt come from overseas
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    yeah your right i just got caught in a moment listening to boots and thought "i wonder???" never gonna happen, may aswell wait til a real tour ane venture over there, thats the ultimate goal anyway :)

yeh imo festivals suck :)

not sure what its like over in USA - but in Europe, crap sound unlesss your next to a speaker or front row, flags + hats + tall people = crap view, everything is ridiculously expensive, not guranteed an all pj crowd, etc

I guess its only good if you go with a lot of people and do the whole camping thingy rather than going there souly for music

thats what i concluded from going to Reading + Download Festival in England, then Nova Rock in Austria then Greenfields in Switzerland.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go just to see Pearl Jam, in my opinion. If that's your only reason, then yes, you will be disappointed. And yes, festivals aren't for everyone. I've never been to Lollapalooza, but Bonnaroo was nothing short of amazing... I hope Pearl Jam plays there one of these years. You could get as close to the stage as you wanted for pretty well every performance, including the nightly 'headliners' - when everything else was shut down and ~80,000 people were present. And what a variety of great artists.

I saw Tool at Bonnaroo, and while they might have cut down a wee bit on some of their 'extended jams' and pre-song little buildups, they played a damn solid show, in a damn good sound venue, and the fact that there wasn't nothing but Tool fans was probably a good thing, for me anyway. What I mean is, there were fewer of those angrier, standstill metal fans who take seem to take everything so seriously. Bah, I'm just babbling once again.

Anyway, hopefully you can find a seat sale!
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    nah, the stupid lolla idea is a defo no go! what a waste of money that would have been
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    I am playing with that stupid idea of yours at the moment as well. My bf is a huge fan too, so I got some back up...lol
    We do not want to go just for Lolla, bc we would really love to travel around a bit as it is our holidays as well. But still its more expensive then getting our camping gear in the car and driving to Spain.

We saw tickets that were 600 euros for a roundtrip from Toronto to Amsterdam...not too bad. But still if we want to go travelling in the US and Canada we will be on a very very very tight budget. So anyone who can help us out and has some tips is very welcome.

We havent bought the flight-tickets yet, but we will make our final decision at the end of this week. If we come to Lolla, you'd better save a spot for two Dutchies at the front !! :D
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    PearlStripesPearlStripes Posts: 267
    We might be able to give you a spot on our hotel room floor (2nd - 6th)...if you're not a thief!
  • Options
    We might be able to give you a spot on our hotel room floor (2nd - 6th)...if you're not a thief!

Thanks so much for the offer!

I wouldnt come all the way from Holland to the US just to steal your luggage...haha, no worries! I will tell you more about me and my bf if we are truly planning on taken up some space in your room.
    For now I am hoping the ppl from Chicago we met at Nijmegen will stick to their word ;)

I have pm-ed you btw.
  • Options
    yodavaderyodavader Posts: 16
    That even though lolla is a festival and such, that since they are closing the show, Eddie is from Chicago, and they always play great setlists here in chi-town that they may blow the lid off the joint with a burning 2 1/2 or 3 hour set? I have seen them 4 times here in Chicago and they have never dissapointed.......

Just my two cents..........
    Steve
  • Options
    yodavader wrote:
    That even though lolla is a festival and such, that since they are closing the show, Eddie is from Chicago, and they always play great setlists here in chi-town that they may blow the lid off the joint with a burning 2 1/2 or 3 hour set? I have seen them 4 times here in Chicago and they have never dissapointed.......

Just my two cents..........

Have you got a yard where we can put up our tent? We are so coming now!