Hess Trucks

rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone else get these things every year? guaranteed gift under the tree from age 2-13. my parents still get them every year and keep them in storage for no god damn reason. i think they literally have 1980 - current year.

anyways, my friend posted this find on Facebook. fucking hilarious:

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/m/random- ... -all-time/

in a weird way these weird trucks are one of the items that make me immediately think of christmas.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lephtylephty Posts: 770
    I have a friend that gets them every year. I think he still has the boxes and the trucks were rarely played with and were on a long shelf for as long as i remember hanging out in his room when we were 10 (33 now). Not sure when his collection starts from. I don't even think he even wants to collect them.. He's just a bit OCD and needs to complete the collection.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I used to get these for my younger cousin every year at Christmas.

I chuckled when I saw the thread title.

I wonder who started this idea?
    probably Hess.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8oe_IryB47e-Yd_I-gv_pax8c2F55cYd70k9AfVK52_yAz5XHhw
  • My grandfather had some of these from waaay back.. Also makes me immediately think of xmas
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    My brother gets my son the Hess truck every Christmas, has each year's since he was born in 2004. Also gets the mini ones in summer. They're pretty cool trucks, my kitchen floor is usually a minefield of Hess vehicles.
    This weekend we rock Portland