Options

Traveling with Posters - Safe?

crashing88crashing88 Posts: 207
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Do they check or examine posters at airports?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I got mine from Manchester New Hampshire to Chicago to Michigan perfectly fine. I used it as my personal item. Just had to put it through security. I had it between my legs the entire plane ride. On top of it I didn't have a top for it either. :)
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I got mine from Manchester New Hampshire to Chicago to Michigan perfectly fine. I used it as my personal item. Just had to put it through security. I had it between my legs the entire plane ride. On top of it I didn't have a top for it either. :)

fine example of dedication right there.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    not a problem at all...
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    I traveled to Australia with one of the attached. No issue at security, it is cheap, very sturdy, adjustable in length, and the strap makes it easy to carry.

http://www.amazon.com/Alvin-PLASTIC-TELESCOPING-TUBE/dp/B000HF6IN6/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1218593463&sr=8-3
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    No problem just carry it on and u should have no problem
  • Options
    If it goes through the metal detector (as your carry-on or "other small item", in case you're not a chick) it works just fine - I've carried posters for my brother before :)
  • Options
    I brought a poster tube through an airport once (i don't remember where) and the guys took some kind of swab of it. It was the weirdest thing ever. I was decked out in PJ gear and had told them it was a PJ poster...

Since then, i've always made sure my poster tube could fit in my suitcase.
  • Options
    I brought a poster tube through an airport once (i don't remember where) and the guys took some kind of swab of it. It was the weirdest thing ever. I was decked out in PJ gear and had told them it was a PJ poster...

Since then, i've always made sure my poster tube could fit in my suitcase.

Huh, you never can tell what they'll swab. They did that to my chapstick once. And my laptop always. I guess you can always check your poster in your luggage...don't want to give bad advice :D
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    getting it from the merch booth, out of line and into the tube will be the hardest part :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Huh, you never can tell what they'll swab. They did that to my chapstick once. And my laptop always. I guess you can always check your poster in your luggage...don't want to give bad advice :D

twice I checked in my luggage... and twice I've got a TSA inspection tag inside....

as long as they don't take it out of the tube... doesn't matter 2 me.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I usually just mail it to myself. It's worth $6 not to have to mess with it.
    the Minions
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 207
    Thanks for your answers everybody! I might just ship it to myself or check it in with me luggage. :).
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I was going to plan a vacation and take all my poster's to Europe with me. Let them see the world. Airfare was just to much to give each poster it's own seat ;)
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)