Girlfriend ring size??

The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't want anyone close to her really knowing what I'm up to in case someone spills the beans, but I'm looking at engagement rings but have no idea what her size is. She wears necklaces and bracelets but doesn't own a single ring!

So do I just take a guess and hope it sorta fits when I pop the question? Or do I pick one person who I think I may be able to trust to do some stealth work in order to help me?

Suggestions welcome :D
2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
2009: Manchester
2010: Belfast, Berlin
2012: Manchester I & II
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    I thought the Rock was already married? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • take your best guess, they can be sized later. good luck!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    Thanks! I am thinking of doing it either Christmas Day or just after New Year. All depends if I find the right ring!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If she has a jewelry box try and snag one of her rings
    LloydXmas wrote:

I've been through her jewellery and she actually owns no rings! She's never liked wearing them.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    line up your fingers to hers and see which one looks similar and use that as guide. maybe close to your pinky. and make sure the place you get it from includes resizing in the purchase price.

i am going to guess she is a size seven
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    The Rock wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

I've been through her jewellery and she actually owns no rings! She's never liked wearing them.
    What makes you think she'll want to wear an engagement or wedding ring then? :lol:
    Hahahahaha! I kid. Just guess then get it resized afterwards.
  • yeah what everyone else said. guess and get it resized.

i think it is more important to find out what shape of diamond she wants. if you know that, you should be golden.

good luck :D
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    yeah what everyone else said. guess and get it resized.

i think it is more important to find out what shape of diamond she wants. if you know that, you should be golden.

She likes simple and elegant. I've seen quite a few I'm fairly sure she'll like. Just got to take the plunge :o
  • The Rock wrote:

She likes simple and elegant. I've seen quite a few I'm fairly sure she'll like. Just got to take the plunge :o
    you are gonna be fine.

remember, she loves you for you, not for some ring that she doesn't have yet.

best of luck :)
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    The Rock wrote:

you are gonna be fine.

remember, she loves you for you, not for some ring that she doesn't have yet.

best of luck :)

Thanks! I'll keep you posted when/if I do it lol.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Congrats! Hopefully she has a ring that she wears on her right ring finger. Just try it on and see how far down your finger it goes (or maybe it happens to fit your pinky or something), and then measure that part of your finger at the jewelers. I think this is important. It is so much better if she doesn't have to go through the bother resizing it and can wear it as soon as you give it to her. :) If she doesn't have a ring that she wears on her right ring finger, just wrap a string around her finger when she's asleep. If she's a light sleeper, get her drunk first. But don't just guess! :nono:

(too bad she hasn't manged to just slip her ring size into normal conversation at any point :lol: )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Congrats! Hopefully she has a ring that she wears on her right ring finger. Just try it on and see how far down your finger it goes (or maybe it happens to fit your pinky or something), and then measure that part of your finger at the jewelers. I think this is important. It is so much better if she doesn't have to go through the bother resizing it and can wear it as soon as you give it to her. :) If she doesn't have a ring that she wears on her right ring finger, just wrap a string around her finger when she's asleep. If she's a light sleeper, get her drunk first. But don't just guess! :nono:

(too bad she hasn't manged to just slip her ring size into normal conversation at any point :lol: )

Yeah, get her good and drunk then once she passes out, do the string thing! :lol:
  • Another option is not to present her with a ring at the proposal, or give her a symbolic ring (maybe a pieces of tinsel tied in circle?) and tell you that you are both going shopping so she can choose her own. My husband proposed to me without having the ring - but he showed me that he had planned the moment in other ways (plus my choice of ring was more modest than what he would have chosen himself). Talk to an independent local jeweller - purchase a ring (err on the size of too big) on the condition that you can exchange it later for the correct size - resizing can be expensive. Yes she loves you and the ring doesn't matter... But honestly, it kinda matters
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, get her good and drunk then once she passes out, do the string thing! :lol:
    It's a good plan, right?! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata