Options

Milan 2000

mylifeisoughtmylifeisought Posts: 51
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Might just be my favorite show. The crowd is electric. The band is absolutely on FIRE, and the setlist is killer. Thoughts?
"A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"- Mitch Hedberg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Man oh man, i have so much love for this show!
    I wasn't there, but i remember reading the notes on 5H a few years back, in 2002 i think. I'd just become a fan and was learning all about the bootlegs and the different shows they'd done, and this looked like a gem.

I was 17 and had just got a little part time job which was every Sunday, and we'd be paid at the end of each day. So i remember getting my money and the next morning walking to the nearest music store and finding this bootleg. You're absolutely right, the crowd is so frickin' loud and it gave me chills. Especially Nothingman, the crowd sings better than Ed!

After i finished listening, i made myself a promise that i'd see them in Milan if they ever came back. Check out my sig and you can see that my dream came true! And it was just as amazing as i'd hoped!

So to sum up my ramblings, I love Milan! x
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I love that bootleg. It doesn't sound as faded as most of the euro boots. Best live version of Garden ever. The crowd is insane on Nothingman.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    siljosiljo Posts: 2,201
    Might just be my favorite show. The crowd is electric. The band is absolutely on FIRE, and the setlist is killer. Thoughts?

I was there in 2000 as well as in 2006... the audience in Milan is just amazing...
    I was afraid for my safety at one moment back in 2000... last year we managed to get to the front row and it was much safer :)

if they ever play Milan again (and they will) don't miss it! :)
    Standing on a hill, staring at a mountain...
  • Options
    elivedderelivedder Posts: 28
    siljo wrote:
    I was there in 2000 as well as in 2006... the audience in Milan is just amazing...
    I was afraid for my safety at one moment back in 2000... last year we managed to get to the front row and it was much safer :)

if they ever play Milan again (and they will) don't miss it! :)
    I was there so near to see Ed and company very well and the audience was very cool...Ed was like a jena (we say so in italian about a man with many energy)...all show very very unforgettable...if you can for next show in Milan don' miss it!
    EliVedder
  • Options
    Excellent performance. Even better crowd :)