Options

LA Both Shows...what a great weekend!!

The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
edited November 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Quick review of my take on the weekend: It had been 4 years since my last show. I was pretty pumped about seeing them on multiple nights on a tour for the first time. I've been seeing them live since '95 but only have done one show per tour because I see so many other artists and just never thought about doing multiple PJ shows. I had TM seats both nights: night one in loge and second night on the risers in the back of the floor. Great vantage point both nights. Honestly, that place is tiny compared to most venues in the US. Setlists were great and loved the energy of the band. I won't dissect them but I know I heard a lot of stuff I never had and just loved it all. This was my first time alone at PJ shows and it was great. Met a cool guy Sat. night (Eddie) at The Lab before the show and we pre-partied. Sun. also met a cool couple (Dawn and her husband, sorry about the Broncos that night!) over again at The Lab (horribly understaffed both nights) and then the young guy sitting next to me also flying solo (sorry I forgot your name) was awesome and we chatted for about half an hour before and rocked out all night. Such a great community of fans. Sure, I know there were issues each night, either with the fans (night 1) or the band (night 2) but they were minor and didn't ruin my experiences. Can't wait for the boots. Now it's time for some rest and turkey before heading up to Seattle with my wife for the last night (10c seats!!) of the tour!! :D
Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23