Options

An Ode To Byrnzie!!!!

dbkdbk Posts: 304
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
hello im dbk aka don aka asshole
some of you know me or have met me, some of you havent, i prefer the ones who havent :D
now i dont post much due to laziness and this is truly the first thread i have started!!, now obviously on many occasions i have wanted to start one on such important subjects as "pearl jam or onions?" or "my cat has aids can you recommend any medication?" or "what is eddies favourite biscuit?" but self respect has stopped me from being such a complete twat!!!!!!
but this isnt about me, this is about the legend that is BYRNZIE!!!!!!!!!!

now some of you are already aware that that the great man is leaving for tranny-central for business (yeah right) and although im sure we will hear from him just as often, we will not see him as much... and lets face it one mans boiler can only blow up so many times!!
now we have all been touched by byrnzie in one way or another over the last few years and as such i feel we should all share our thoughts or feelings, stories and fables so he can take these good wishes with him....
N.B please nobody mention the infamous hampstead heath incident as this is still technically a matter for the authorities
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GIVE YOU..........................
like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dbk wrote:
    some of you know me or have met me, some of you havent, i prefer the ones who havent :D
    now i dont post much due to laziness and this is truly the first thread i have started!!, now obviously on many occasions i have wanted to start one on such important subjects as "pearl jam or onions?" or "my cat has aids can you recommend any medication?" or "what is eddies favourite biscuit?" but self respect has stopped me from being such a complete twat!!!!!!

now some of you are already aware that that the great man is leaving for tranny-central for business (yeah right) and although im sure we will hear from him just as often, we will not see him as much... and lets face it one mans boiler can only blow up so many times!!
    now we have all been touched by byrnzie in one way or another over the last few years and as such i feel we should all share our thoughts or feelings, stories and fables so he can take these good wishes with him....
    N.B please nobody mention the infamous hampstead heath incident as this is still technically a matter for the authorities
    Word...

Whenever I may see a six foot tall Essex boy in a brown leather jacket, I will think of him

So are you going to take his place dbk?
  • Options
    Word...

Whenever I may see a six foot tall Essex boy in a brown leather jacket, I will think of him

So are you going to take his place dbk?

the mantle is yours sir!!!!!!!!!!!
    enjoy!

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Byrnzie is one cool mofo. I met him in the 10c queue in Paris last year, and he gave me some of his wine. Nothing like preparing for a gig by drinking a bottle of wine lol.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dbk wrote:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
    :eek:

:D
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
    :eek:

:D

I suggest you start drinking. Heavily. :eek: :D:D
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i have not met byrnzie....somehow we managed to miss each other in italy. :( was hoping to meet him for the wembley gig, looks like that won't be happening either. :( eh well, will just have to settle for the witty banter here, and wish him all the best with his new life adventures! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is Byrnzie ever so briefly in Pistoia. :)

Since then I have continued to enjoy his posts on the AMT, his quick wit and I believe an interesting conversation on the benefits of boxer briefs ;):p Surely he is a guy who must live up to his rep :p

I hope when he embarks on his "Byrnzie does North America" tour he makes a stop on PEI . :) Although, there is no train station to meet him at a la Pistoia he will just have to settle for our embarassingly small airport :o:p

S

all the best to ya and see you around, S!!!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Even though he lives in a different country to me anyway, I'm still gonna miss him :( but I'm keeping the message he left on my phone Friday night :D . Listened to it again and FINALLY figured it all out (well some) :D

I mean only a truly WONDERFUL lad asks a girl back to his house for Sunday lunch to meet his mom :D:D:D:D:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    wow Byrnzie has a stalker!!! dbk... why didnt you just wank into his sandwiches???
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Best of luck with the surgery....I'm sure you'll feel more complete when you are a ladypig :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    wow Byrnzie has a stalker!!! dbk... why didnt you just wank into his sandwiches???

really dunc!!!??

a man tries to show his love for another man and you have to resort to filth!!

GOOD MAN!!!

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dbk wrote:
    really dunc!!!??

a man tries to show his love for another man and you have to resort to filth!!

GOOD MAN!!!

cheers don :):)

give him extra mayo this time though!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hello all! I have no memory of the evening after we left the Bunker. It's all a total blank. I woke up the next day to realise that i'd bought a box of crunchy nut cornflakes and a jar of Pesto!! :eek: Makes no sense!

Byrnzie at his best...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Byrnzie at his best...
    I think his thread that got the Moving Train forum closed for a week tops the lot...
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I have met the legend that is Byrnzie
    and his brown leather jacket :D

that he somehow managed to wear throughout Pearl Jam shows, in spite of the very hot temperatures.... it must have been 30 °C :p

so all the best to you, wherever life leads you :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    so is there going to be a final farewell shindig for the legend that is Byrnzie?
    more bunker bar shenanigans, which end up in purchases of chrunchy nut cornflakes and pesto?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    so is there going to be a final farewell shindig for the legend that is Byrnzie?
    more bunker bar shenanigans, which end up in purchases of chrunchy nut cornflakes and pesto?
    I'm saying my goodbyes over a pint or six after work tomorrow.
  • Options
    I'm saying my goodbyes over a pint or six after work tomorrow.

could this be a quickly thrown together jamily meeting?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I believe an early-ish meeting 'twixt Byrnzie and Rob has been mentioned

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=182583&page=1702

so dunno how many could make it...?

harrumph... people finishing work at 3:30 in the afternoon... disgraceful... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Well... sort of... Byrnzie's having his drinks in Hertford where he has most of his good mates. It's sort of difficult for a lot of us to get there so.... he's in London tomorrow...
  • Options
    Well, I'd imagine he'll have to leave early, but I could stay on! Why not eh?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    so where is that? Hertfordshire or London?
    if London, I'm up for it (despite having a full day piss up on Saturday..oh well, it's warm up ;))
    might even be able to leave work early :)
  • Options
    bumping this mother fucker to the bridge!!!!!!!!!!

why byrnzie cant have his leaving do when and where i want is typical of that tosser!!!!

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    so where is that? Hertfordshire or London?
    if London, I'm up for it (despite having a full day piss up on Saturday..oh well, it's warm up ;))
    might even be able to leave work early :)
    Hertfordshire.

Like I said I'm hopefully meeting him in London tomorrow evening, so if anyone's around turn up! :D:D Any excuse eh?
  • Options
    Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    I'm confused....wheres Byrnzie going??
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Hertfordshire.

Like I said I'm hopefully meeting him in London tomorrow evening, so if anyone's around turn up! :D:D Any excuse eh?
    where? name a place and I'll be there.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    where? name a place and I'll be there.

indeed... place/date ?

OK, place/time...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    indeed... place/date ?

OK, place/time...
    Hopefully (and I say this 'cos he hasn't confirmed yet) the Globe, outside Baker St tube around 4ish. He's skint, but we'll buy him a few for the road eh?
  • Options
    Hopefully (and I say this 'cos he hasn't confirmed yet) the Globe, outside Baker St tube around 4ish. He's skint, but we'll buy him a few for the road eh?

Cool... just (sort of) down the road from work... might even be able to make it before 17:00... can't stay out too late, though, just 2 or 3... or 4...