Options

Mansfield Curfew

ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Alright, im not tryin to be corny or anything but I figure tomorrow night is the last official show of tour... PJ has torn up Boston every tour and this tour overall has been great... We are set up for an amazing night tomorrow night other than 1 stupid issue... the CORPORATE C*CKS*CKERS & The CURFEW!!!!

WE know what the Band whats to do tomorrow night and we KNow what we want... WE gotta be LOUD and we gotta let them know that we arent leavin that place at 11pm... SIGNS, CHANTS, WHATEVER IT TAKES> once again , not tryin to be corny or anything but lets go out with a band... Saturday nights show was awesome and would have been an instant CLASSIC if they could have played longer...

You know how Ed responds to us sometimes... we have to BE HEARD tomorrow night!! We want an epic classic to end the tour and so does the band... lets make this happen... SCREW THE COMCAST CENTER!!! DOUCHEBAGS!
1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
2004 Tour-
Boston 9/28,9/29
2006 Tour-
Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
2008 Tour-
MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
2009 Tour-
Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
2010 Tour-
Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
2011 Tour-
Eddie- Hartford 6/18
2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    well, if what someone else on the board said is true, which is that if any band goes over by 10-15 minutes at this particular venue, they forfeit all their money I guess, than I would say, no matter how much Pearl Jam wants to put on a good show, considering this was a short tour and its expensive to put this thing together and travel and all... that Pearl Jam will not be going over unless they have permission. I would suspect they will try and start earlier, but I dont know if you can keep them on the stage past 11.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I believe that when they broke curfew in 2003, the fine was based on how long past the curfew you played. The band played until 11:30 and, according to Two Feet Thick, that cost them $7500 ($250 per minute). The Comcast Center is now owned by Live Nation, which might have a different policy -- the one I keep hearing is that a band forfeits its entire fee if it plays more than 10 minutes past 11. So here's my suggestion:

* All 20,000 of us there tonight decide to collectively boycott the $8 beer stands inside the Comcast Center.

* Instead, we'll pass around a hat at the beginning of the show collecting donations to the Fuck the Curfew Fund (FTCF). PJ fans are pretty charitable people, and at just $5 per person that's a cool $100,000.

* The venue loses out on its best source of revenue, a ridiculous markup on beer sales, and the band can play as long as they want without losing any money.

* Sure they're rich rock stars, but let's not forget that they need to pay the crew and everything...it would just be wrong to stiff them on the last show of the official tour.

* All donations to the FTCF will be 100 percent tax-deductible. (Not true).

* At the end of the main set, the executive director of the FTCF (me) will present the band with the collected funds and the following note:

"Dear Pearl Jam,

Fuck the curfew, you pussies.

Sincerely,
    The Fuck the Curfew Fund (FTCF)"
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    Corporate C$#ksucksers, what does that even mean?

Hate to break it to you, but PJ knew full well about the curfew before they booked in there. If you want to rage, do it against our boys.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Hey RageJoe....nice meeting you Saturday night, and I agree with you about the show. I was very surprised that thye ended at 11:00...especially since Eddie said they were going to test our endurance (and I even thought he said they worked out a deal with Comcast??). Like you said, its PJ....the shows are all great. I just can't see them ending the official tour with a 2hr show. I'm fine with them going on at 8 if necessary. :>)
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    There's just no way they could take all of the $$ if they go 10 minutes over - no way. I'm sure there's a fine and all that, but I just can't believe they can take that much.. I'm sure its a fine per minute like reported on twofeetthick...

THat being said - my HOPE is that they didnt want to anger the comcast center on the first night but would do it on the second since they're done. We'll see - either that or please take some ted leo time and come out early!!!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    The best thing is if PJ didn't have an opening band at all (i love ted leo fyi).

Take Rush for example... they play for 3 hours with no opening act and the shows are over at a descent hour, that would just be great.
  • Options
    kaosfactorkaosfactor Posts: 11
    The curfew is more likely from the city, as part of the permits, than from the venue. Probably same with the cops in the parking lot. If you want to bitch about a stupid venue policy, how about them not taking out of state ID's?
    Ft Lauderdale '96
    Orlando '03
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08 1 and 2
    Hartford '10
    Boston '10
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    preset tonight. got a feeling.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    kaosfactor wrote:
    The curfew is more likely from the city, as part of the permits, than from the venue. Probably same with the cops in the parking lot. If you want to bitch about a stupid venue policy, how about them not taking out of state ID's?

God, that ID thing pisses me off so much. That's not a venue or town thing, that's just a Massachusetts douchebag thing. I think it started in the city because of all the college kids with fake IDs, some bars decided to only take Massachusetts IDs to weed out the fakes...and didn't realize he was also weeding out every 21+ person who dared to get a license in a different state.

Going back to our Puritan roots, Massachusetts has always been ass-backwards when it comes to alcohol. Happy hour specials are illegal. Bars close at 1 or 2, even in the city. Grocery stores aren't allowed to sell beer or wine, nevermind liquor.

I just can't imagine waiting for half an hour in line for the privilege of paying $8 for a Miller Lite, only to be told you can't buy one because you're from another state.
  • Options
    preset tonight. got a feeling.

Ed did a preset Saturday night. I would like to hear "I've Got a Feeling" though.
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Ed did a preset Saturday night. I would like to hear "I've Got a Feeling" though.
    yes, and i missed it. too busy getting hassled by the fuzz in the parking lot.

anyway, whole band preset...mansfield 3 ish.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    yes, and i missed it. too busy getting hassled by the fuzz in the parking lot.

anyway, whole band preset...mansfield 3 ish.
    I just dont see it unless they make soem announcement in the next few hours... although I'll be in my seats just in case :)
  • Options
    Is the town. Mansfield doesnt like having the place there anymore and neighbors to the building (although I must say it is fucking and I mean fucking stupid to buy a house beside an amphitheater and bitch about the noise).
    There are small houses with kids and the sound travels well there.

Again did I mention it is fucking dumb to buy a house next to a 20,000 seat facility and bitch about it.

But those have always been the rules there. and they did change the fine rule. What band making say a 500,000 appearance fee cares about 7500.
    Thats why they upped the fine...To make them have to stop or else.

By the way did I mention how dumb it is to buy a house beside this place and be surprised they hear........MUSIC?!?!?

Mahalo
  • Options
    Like someone said earlier, someone who has 10C tickets should make signs that say FUCK THE CURFEW. Then pass them around the first two rows and such, I think any Pearl Jam fan who has great 10C tickets would be willing and happy to hold up said sign.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    Like someone said earlier, someone who has 10C tickets should make signs that say FUCK THE CURFEW. Then pass them around the first two rows and such, I think any Pearl Jam fan who has great 10C tickets would be willing and happy to hold up said sign.

ok, whos gonna print 1000 signs?
  • Options
    philp3philp3 Posts: 17
    pulaski wrote:
    ok, whos gonna print 1000 signs?

Or just print out one large bold letter per page and give them to a row that is visible to Ed.

F-U-C-K T-H-E C-U-R-F-E-W

Or maybe two or three rows of this at different angles would suffice.

You could save money by using the good old F* instead. I'm sure they would get the point.
    2000: Mansfield II (You had me at Release)
    2003: Mansfield I
    2004: Boston II
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield II
  • Options
    After all the trouble with this place and curfews last time they should've just stuck to the Garden.

I was not impressed with Tweeter, the meatheads that didn't even like PJ, and the hour drive out of the city.

Just play the Garden, bad sound and all.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Yeah, didn't love the venue... but there was a kick a$$ pizza place across from the venue... sat there eating pizza and drinking beer while we waited for the parking lots to clear.
    ~~How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.

2003 Tampa, Atlanta, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Albany, Buffalo, State College, Bonner Springs, Council Bluffs, DC, Camden I & II, MSG I 2006 Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, 2008 Hartford, Mansfield I