Options

dissidEnt.

chauncechaunce wilkes-barre, pa Posts: 54
way back in 93' i had 2 write a paper for college. the topic was song & its meaning. i choose dissident. here we are 20 years later & i'm still not sure if i really know the meaning. what do u guys think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    Ahhhh ... I have been re listening (really listening) to this one over the last few days ... and now as an adult I think I actually have a better feel for this song ... in short, a "wanted" man /"dissident" has gone back to his partner to hide and although she is happy to see him, she is worn down by the "right thing to do" and eventually hands him over. For her, its a battle of the head/heart ... so that's the condensed version of what I take away from the song
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    chauncechaunce wilkes-barre, pa Posts: 54
    yes sir. i think u nailed it. i remember thinking it was about losing something.....adoption maybe. but yours makes sense. thank u.
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    Its just my take .... I could be right out of the ball park ;) ... the beauty of PJ songs is that every one has there own meanings to them :)
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    I think its about a young mother living a life of turmoil and having to give up her child.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    True i think so too, what made you say that ?