Options

What is your favourite song by...

124»

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Smoke Two Joints

State Radio
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Tough one...I'll go with Mr. Larkin
    Dispatch
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Bats in the Belfry

Widespread Panic
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Dream Song

Dr. Dog
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    Dream Song

Dr. Dog
    Heart it Races
    Spoon
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    Dream Song

Dr. Dog
    Heart it Races
    Spoon

Not super familiar w/ Spoon honestly but I guess I'll go with I Turn My Camera On.

Dave Matthews Band
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Not super familiar w/ Spoon honestly but I guess I'll go with I Turn My Camera On.

Dave Matthews Band

So Right.

Billy Talent.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Just for the sake of moving this thread along...I've never heard of Billy Talent so I googled him/them...

Stand Up and Run

Up Next:

Snoop Dogg(y Dogg)
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Nobody has heard of Billy Talent?

People need to get out more.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Canadian band that never really broke through to the US market...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Just for the sake of moving this thread along...I've never heard of Billy Talent so I googled him/them...

Stand Up and Run

Up Next:

Snoop Dogg(y Dogg)

Gin & Juice?

Blue King Brown....an Australian roots band
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Canadian band that never really broke through to the US market...

OK. Not bad. You're in the US market. Do you have any impressions?

Don't get me wrong- I'm not saying these guys are 'the shit', but they're pretty good and certainly worth listening too.
  • Options
    Can't we all just agree that this works so much better if we don't use obscure or local bands? I can throw out a bunch of those but this is only fun if a lot of people get on board...

I'll keep it going again.

The Who
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Can't we all just agree that this works so much better if we don't use obscure or local bands? I can throw out a bunch of those but this is only fun if a lot of people get on board...

The Who

tough one...maybe Eminence Front

Talking Heads
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Heaven

My Morning Jacket
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options

The Who

I suppose we can agree on that: limiting it to Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven) and Rolling Stones (Satisfaction) in rotating fashion.

Forgive me, but I am assuming this comment was directed at Billy Talent. They are far from obscure and are not 'local'. Sorry for tossing a band out there that might have been for someone checking in on the thread and finding a band they like sitting there waiting for them.

For the integrity of the thread, and to promote what you suggest, I offer:

One Big Holiday.

Pearl Jam.
  • Options

The Who

I suppose we can agree on that: limiting it to Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven) and Rolling Stones (Satisfaction) in rotating fashion.

Forgive me, but I am assuming this comment was directed at Billy Talent. They are far from obscure and are not 'local'. Sorry for tossing a band out there that might have been for someone checking in on the thread and finding a band they like sitting there waiting for them.

One Big Holiday.

Pearl Jam.

Jesus. I read your PM before seeing this. I am no longer appreciative. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you. The thread sat for days between responses after your Billy Talent and another selection a few posts later. I was just trying to move the thread along since I actually enjoy coming in regularly and got tired of looking at the same band that nobody knows waiting for me. That may be general saying nobody but if enough people did know them, somebody else would have responded.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options

The Who

One Big Holiday.

Pearl Jam.

Jesus. I read your PM before seeing this. I am no longer appreciative. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you. The thread sat for days between responses after your Billy Talent and another selection a few posts later. I was just trying to move the thread along since I actually enjoy coming in regularly and got tired of looking at the same band that nobody knows waiting for me. That may be general saying nobody but if enough people did know them, somebody else would have responded.

Whoa.

You're words are fair enough here. Maybe I could have worded things differently: I kind of like checking in and seeing bands I'm not very familiar with. I go to youtube and type in the song listed. Some I like and some I don't, but this is what this thread does for me. If I can find some new music that I haven't discovered yet... yay!

Moving the thread along was a great move, but let's be honest: in doing so, you did make a few slightly condescending remarks (no local bands) that for whatever reason, I didn't simply dismiss.

I was sincere with my offering via pm (I didn't want to hijack the thread to carry on any more than what we needed). I guess this is an olive branch of sorts. I see no need for any tension between you and I for our exchanges.

To move the thread along again and clean things up, I'll respond to my last post:

In Hiding

Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    Not overly familiar with a lot of his catalog but do enjoy In Your Eyes. Loved Say Anything. Classic movie moment.

Grateful Dead
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    pjfan2pjfan2 Posts: 57
    Not overly familiar with a lot of his catalog but do enjoy In Your Eyes. Loved Say Anything. Classic movie moment.

Grateful Dead
    American Beauty is my favorite album and my favorite song is probably Ripple

Local Natives