Ever MISS some of your old gear?

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited December 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
In keeping with my typical posts...

I was thinking about some of my old gear that I don't have anymore. Man! I miss my OLD gear!
Guitars:
Custom made "Frankenstein" guitar. (Smashed, during a show, after finding out my ex had..uhh...became close to one of my (now former) best friends---and ex-band mate)

Amps:
Squier SP-10 amp. (It was a practice amp that came with my strat in a starter pack. I gave it away (having no real use for it) to a girl I was really into. The only reason why I miss this is for nostalgic reasons

Pedals:
Danelectro PB&J Delay. (Crapped out on me. First delay pedal I ever had. I just liked the slapback it gave)
BOSS DS-1 (2)-(They meant a lot to me. 1 was the first pedal I ever got. The other was one that my dad ran out and bought me---I wrote about this one, earlier. I let a friend borrow them (along with my BD2, modded SD1, and a Reverb pedal) and they lost them when moving).
BOSS OC2 (I didn't use it, much, unless I was playing "Why Go" or "Jeremy". Now that I'm a bit more aware of what it can do, I miss it)

Any of your gear that you miss?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh Yeah - my 1999 USA Telecaster, Inca Silver w/ rosewood fret board. I sold it because I apparently suffer from complete-stupid-fucking-idiot (CSFI) disease.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    The only thing that I miss is the POS pawn shop electric (old silvertone knockoff) that I bought about 6 months after I started playing. It would fall out of tune all the time, but I loved that fucking guitar. Someone stole from my house in college when we were having a party. :evil:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • i don't miss my old gear. mostly because i still have 98% of it. :lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H Posts: 2,151
    i don't miss my old gear. mostly because i still have 98% of it. :lol:
    Same here, I don't part with much and have too much stuff but cant bring myself to part with any of it.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • PSUS2H wrote:
    i don't miss my old gear. mostly because i still have 98% of it. :lol:
    Same here, I don't part with much and have too much stuff but cant bring myself to part with any of it.
    you never know if you are gonna need it.

i have that shitty dod grunge pedal, and the shittier boss xtortion pedal that i have never ever been able to squeeze out a usable tone from, and as soon as i get rid of it i will need it the next day... :fp: :fp:

• I had a Yamaha APX700 about 7 years ago that I loved to bits. Selling that was a stupid decision and I would dearly love to have it back as I wrote loads of songs on it; it was a very "fertile" guitar...

Someday I'll get another. Yamaha aren't the sexiest guitar brand in the world but that guitar is very comfortable, playable and sounds lovely. Dearly missed.
  • I had a Yamaha APX700 about 7 years ago that I loved to bits. Selling that was a stupid decision and I would dearly love to have it back as I wrote loads of songs on it; it was a very "fertile" guitar...

Someday I'll get another. Yamaha aren't the sexiest guitar brand in the world but that guitar is very comfortable, playable and sounds lovely. Dearly missed.
    "fertile".

that is an interesting way of looking at an instrument. that is a great way of describing it. i have one or two that are pretty fertile as well.

• I miss my old epiphone SG reissue. It was a POS but was my first electric. I knew exactly which notes not to play because of the dead frets. This actually really helped in learning and opening up the fret board and all the different box's, well because I couldn't play some of the box shapes without a nice thud here or there. Thanks to the person who decided to steal it. Hope you were highly disappointed when you went to pawn it and they told you they'd give you maybe 40 bucks.