Options

Need some suggestions ... wine bottle

go prego pre Posts: 650
edited November 2013 in The Porch
Eddie gave me his wine bottle at the Charlotte show. How do i display this? I was thinking of doing something with the poster, bottle, ticket and ga wrist band as a group. I'd like to hear your thoughts, or better yet, see pictures if you also have a bottle.

Thanks.
There's a trapdoor in the sun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I know this doesn't really help but...

my wife got the cork from that bottle. She should frame that along with the poster, sticker, ticket and wristband, right?

Only one problem (or three) -- she tossed the ticket and wristband and she didn't buy a poster. :fp:
  • Options
    ed had two bottles that night. mine still has the cork and a bit of wine left. she must have the cork from the other bottle. i don't know that i've ever noticed him with two bottles going simultaneously like that. mine was a pinot noir from ken wright cellars. what was the other stuff? looked like a white wine maybe?
  • Options
    I guess it's safe to assume it was from another bottle.

I'll dig out the cork when I get home and see if I can make out the name. I'm pretty sure it was a red, though.
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I actually got a swig of wine out of that bottle (or one of his bottles that night)! Congratulations on snagging it. Thanks for the info about Winery/Variety. I feel the need to try to track down a bottle so the wife can try it (as she only got to lick what was spilled on my face as the bottle was being pulled away...ha ha ha!).
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Washed wrote:
    I actually got a swig of wine out of that bottle (or one of his bottles that night)! Congratulations on snagging it. Thanks for the info about Winery/Variety. I feel the need to try to track down a bottle so the wife can try it (as she only got to lick what was spilled on my face as the bottle was being pulled away...ha ha ha!).
    nice! it was a 2009, if that helps. i'm pretty sure i remember him sharing with people on both mike's and stone's sides of the stage, and he gave the other bottle to someone on mike's side, maybe during alive or watchtower. after watchtower, eddie came to the front of the stage and pointed at me, then handed the bottle to a security guy who then gave it to me. immediately after the show ended and the crew started ripping stuff up, i saw that bottle on the floor just under the stage on mike's side. someone must have dropped it. but someone from the crew picked it up and handed it to a fan.

my first time in ga was very memorable. i'm pretty sure eddie tried tossing me a pick earlier in the show, but i don't know where it went. then during porch he stood on the rail right above me. i was holding/supporting his right leg. pretty amazing evening.
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Anyone know what kind of wine it is?
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    I always thought that Ed had his wine in one bottle and gatorade in the other.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    TinAnt wrote:

Barolo...at least that's the one I got to taste. I went to look for it at a wine shop...$125/bottle.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    TinAnt wrote:

Barolo...at least that's the one I got to taste. I went to look for it at a wine shop...$125/bottle.
    maybe he switches it up. at one point i thought i heard that he drank some homemade stuff from a friend. that was a few years ago. the bottle he gave me is a 2009 pinot noir from ken wright cellars. someone in another thread mentioned he drank another kind.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    I heard EV can turn water into wine!
  • Options
    still looking for ideas.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Yep. It was a barolo.

And I'm a total wine idiot so I can't tell what winery produced it. Do you remember?

...not that it really matters. $50 is probably the absolute most I'll ever spend on a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    I got Mike's sweaty Social D t-shirt at a Philly show in '09, when I was in the front row. I didn't wash it, and got a shadowbox to display it in. But you know what? It SAT THERE, doing nothing, no one saw it, it was my trophy and that was it. I nearly lost my life from a tragic accident a few years ago, and decided I wasn't going to simply stare at that shirt no more, it has no use being in a frame. I washed it and now wear it all the time.

So, whatever you do, USE the bottle. Don't just sit it there and look pretty, make use of of it! Because, like fine china, if you save it for a better day, it may never get any use. Be creative! How about using it as a carafe for water? Or maybe even funnel some good wine in it and use it that way? Whatever you do, use it. :)

And drink the wine that's left!!
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    There are a ton of barolo's and not sure which one is which...
    http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... anguage=EN

What type of barolo is it? Is it possible to post a photo of the bottle?
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Washed wrote:

yowza :P
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I heard EV can turn water into wine!
    Wrong....that's Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Get a shadow box frame like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Lawrence-Frames-7 ... shadow+box

Obviously make sure the dimensions fit the bottle. Then you can mount the other things in there next to it like the stub and wristband.

That's roughly what I'd do....
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    It may be a little expensive to get a frame deep enough to frame a bottle of wine, but that's what I'd do...and I'd try to find a pic of Ed from that night with the bottle of wine to include in the framing. Not even sure if that's possible but it would be pretty sweet. Maybe throw the ticket in there too?
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Take your ticket stubs, wrist bands, and anything else from the night of the show that will fit inside, and put the bottle on a shelf for everyone to see. Keep the collectibles inside the bottle and pretty much, once you get them in, you can't get em out. Write a love letter about you and your wife's experience at the show. Then cork the bottle. A time capsule of sorts.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    I bought a single bottle display case at the container store a couple of years back when Maynard James Keenan was travelling around signing bottles of his wine...looks something like this:

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/Merchan ... e_dome.jpg

I'm not sure about framing it with the poster, might stick off the wall too far. IDK.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    but with the poster and ticket instead
    060_full.jpeg
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Or maybe frame the poster, frame the ticket and wrist band together in a smaller frame and then put the wine bottle in that single display case someone else posted on a shelf on the wall under the poster.

Then if you did want to use the bottle, you could take it out. Perhaps a nice dried flower arrangement?

But definitely drink the wine in the bottle! :D