Brother: Andy Kaufman still alive

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Brother: Andy Kaufman still alive

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2013/11/ ... l-be-alive

Andy Kaufman's brother has fueled the mystery surrounding the comedian's death by claiming the funnyman is still alive and even fathered a daughter after he is said to have lost his battle with lung cancer.

The Taxi star passed away at the age of 35 in 1984, but fans have long speculated that his death was a hoax.

Rumours about Kaufman's fate resurfaced on Monday after his brother Michael gave a bizarre speech during the annual Andy Kaufman Awards in New York City.

Michael told the audience that he believes the funnyman faked his own death, and alleged that he discovered an essay written by Andy which included details on how he planned to pull it off.

hmmmm ....
He also claimed the letter instructed him to go to a specific restaurant on Christmas Eve, 1999, upon which an anonymous man handed him another missive, which he read aloud to the New York City crowd.

Andy allegedly wrote "everything was great in his life and he just wanted to get away from being Andy Kaufman," adding that he had fallen in love with a woman and the couple were raising a daughter together.

At that point, Michael shocked the audience by bringing a young woman onto stage and introduced her as the 24-year-old daughter Andy spoke of in the letter.

In video footage taken at Monday's event, obtained by TMZ, the unnamed woman backed Michael's story and claimed Andy has been living in secret as a stay-at-home dad.

She also claimed that Andy originally agreed to come out of hiding after 29 years to attend the awards, but backed out at the last minute.

The Hollywood Reporter has since contacted Michael, who claimed the mystery woman was impossible to reach for further questions.

If Kaufman was still alive today, he would be 64 years old.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• now that would be something! :shock:
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • I always thought if he faked his death, the perfect time to come back would have been in '99 when the movie came out.

I figured he decided to abort the plan when Jim Carrey didn't get the nod for Best Actor at the Oscars that year.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    elvis is alive too and i have some swampland to sell as well. gmab!
  • foodboy wrote:
    elvis is alive too and i have some swampland to sell as well. gmab!
    Foodboy, are you goofin' on Elvis
    (hey baby)?
    Are you losing touch?

Yeesh...
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I always thought if he faked his death, the perfect time to come back would have been in '99 when the movie came out.

I figured he decided to abort the plan when Jim Carrey didn't get the nod for Best Actor at the Oscars that year.

PBM

I'd love for Andy to still be alive, but I think he's actually dead. If he did fake his death though, I think this would be his style. He was known for letting jokes run past their logical conclusion and riding a joke out through no longer being funny, to being funny again, then not funny and sort of uncomfortable, then funny again, and so on.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I don't believe a word of it.
  • Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I don't believe a word of it.

It's a hoax. The girl is an aspiring Russian-American actress whose dad is a psychologist.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"