Options

What is your temperature?

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
now that it's cold out, we're usually locked and loaded at 67 or 68 at night. day time we drop it to 66.

you?
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    We live in a old farm house from the turn of the 1900"s.. we rent, therefore we wont be investing in insulation, siding, a more efficient furnace.. so in an attempt to keep our gas bills down, we are 59 from mid-night to 7:20am, 64 from 7:20am to 10am. 62 from 10am to 6pm. and 64 until midnight. We use a small electric heater and thick clothing for room support.. my wife rocks, because she works from home! poor thing.. and the poor cat..

We will buy a house. one day.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    We live in a old farm house from the turn of the 1900"s.. we rent, therefore we wont be investing in insulation, siding, a more efficient furnace.. so in an attempt to keep our gas bills down, we are 59 from mid-night to 7:20am, 64 from 7:20am to 10am. 62 from 10am to 6pm. and 64 until midnight. We use a small electric heater and thick clothing for room support.. my wife rocks, because she works from home! poor thing.. and the poor cat..

59....at night?!?!?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

59....at night?!?!?

:lol: Yeah! I cannot sleep in overheated rooms anyway, I get a headache. I grew up in old houses. We left our shoes on and closed all the doors to keep the heat in, so I'm used to that.

I am also sitting in the coldest room of the apartment. We close it for the night and in the morning, I put the space heater in. I drink lots of hot tea during the day, and I am trying to work out in there often, that keeps me warm too.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Caveeze wrote:

59....at night?!?!?
    Yep.. we are sleeping.. and we have a very nice down comforter.. and, like I said, we have a small electric heater we move from room to room.. It really isnt bad... mornings suck no matter how warm it is in here.. but, I will not suffer a $270 heat bill (for one month! our first month last january) ever again!!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy
  • Options
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy

That sounds awesome! Wood stoves are wonderful. I wish we would have one or two ... They will defo be part of our future house.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    my average temperature is 97.4 (spent enough time hospitalized to know) :P

@ home I have a gas fireplace that heats my whole apt...usually keep it at 67.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i'm at 72 and its 35 out at night
  • Options
    Look in to these stoves that are made in VT
    vermontironstove.com and on facebook Elm Wood Stove
    Very effective heaters/great looking stoves/affordable
    The glass front is a pie plate and has a elm tree silhouette in front of the flames. See on You Tube
    You mind as well get a leonberger pup Available now. Windsweptfarmleonbergers.com and on FB
    Awesome dogs. Keep in mind that the males can approach 200lbs.
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy

That sounds awesome! Wood stoves are wonderful. I wish we would have one or two ... They will defo be part of our future house.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy

Those are the coolest looking dogs I've ever seen.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy

your user name certainly fits :)

i keep the temp 62 at night and 65ish during the day. i used to just keep it at a steady 72. it's made a dramatic difference on my gas bill. back when i had propane a month's worth could run $300 to $600!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Todays high 76....low 72

The rest of the week the highs in south Florida will be in the lower 80s :mrgreen:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    hang on, let me check....
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    DewieCox wrote:
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy

Those are the coolest looking dogs I've ever seen.

Ditto, never heard of them before
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Look in to these stoves that are made in VT
    vermontironstove.com and on facebook Elm Wood Stove
    Very effective heaters/great looking stoves/affordable
    The glass front is a pie plate and has a elm tree silhouette in front of the flames. See on You Tube
    You mind as well get a leonberger pup Available now. Windsweptfarmleonbergers.com and on FB
    Awesome dogs. Keep in mind that the males can approach 200lbs.
    No thermostats
    4 wood stoves
    12 acres of timber
    3 leonberger dogs
    keep things comfy

:thumbup: Love the stoves! My dad has bought a NunnaUuni in Finland for his house. They look like this, and are made of a special kind of stone... Soapstone? :think:

specksteinoefen-frontmodell-Leila_1.jpg

I love these dogs, but we have a tiny cat, and she is a "single child". I dunno if she gets along with something that is so much bigger than her :lol: But I imagine it being AWESOME to cuddle in front of the fire place with a big pile of fur!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    hang on, let me check....
    Dude, that's not an oral thermometer!!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    High of 50 or so today...turned off heat before heading to work.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    60-62 when working at home
    66 when normal day with the wife and kids around
    64 at night.

Oil is expensive 3.59 a gallon for 100 gallon full up.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    LloydXmas wrote:
    60-62 when working at home
    66 when normal day with the wife and kids around
    64 at night.

Oil is expensive 3.59 a gallon for 100 gallon full up.

can you go geothermal where you are? ... know this guy who had oil and went geothermal ... payback will be in 3.5 years ...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    usually in the mid 60's. turned it off today also.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    usually in the mid 60's. turned it off today also.

firm, but fair.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'd love to keep it a 76 :oops:
    but it's usually 68 during the day, 64 at night :roll:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    A little below normal: 98.4 degrees Fahrenheit. I run a little cool. :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    I like it cool, but that's only possible in the winter. Never over 17C if I can help it, 14C max at night. It's not usually cold here, so I keep the porch door open all winter and just fiddle with the thermostat to keep it right......... Summertime is a misery for me. Thinking of investing in an good air conditioner. I feel about being too warm the way most people feel about being too cold.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    brianlux wrote:
    Interesting. My normal body temp is about 96 degrees. My theory is that I hate the heat so much because my normal internal body temp is more at odds with outer temps than normal, and that's why it's more uncomfortable for me compared to a lot of people.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    now that it's cold out, we're usually locked and loaded at 67 or 68 at night. day time we drop it to 66.

you?

At night at about 67, I like to keep it cooler when I sleep.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    When I'm home: Off or at 75ish, depending on if i'm cold or not..
    When I'm at work/not home: Off
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    I'd love to keep it a 76 :oops:
    but it's usually 68 during the day, 64 at night :roll:

do you set your thermostat for those temps? why would you want it colder at night time? shouldn't that be other other way around?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    69 in the winter.

My father in law, who lives in ft Wayne, IN, keeps his at 61 at night and 59 during the day. Its FREEZING in his house. He says he sweats everyday we visit because they raise it to 64 when we go up there.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Interesting. My normal body temp is about 96 degrees. My theory is that I hate the heat so much because my normal internal body temp is more at odds with outer temps than normal, and that's why it's more uncomfortable for me compared to a lot of people.

Fascinating. And that might explain my dislike of hot weather because I made a typo- I'm actually 96.4 normal, not 98.4. In weather over the mid-eighties I wilt like a head of lettuce but due to my age I'm not as cold tolerant.

Of course OP meant what is our climate temp. Here in northern CA its been upper sixties and dry as a bone. Definitely a nasty drought in progress.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.