Options

Please Sirens and/or Sleeping By Myself - Oakland for my mom

2»

Comments

• Options
    MK13579MK13579 Posts: 217
    I posted a link on the Oakland Pre-Party Facebook page not knowing that it was going to show up in all of my friends' news feeds. I found out when I got a text from an old friend who saw the post and wanted to let me know how sweet it was. However, I was in shock because my mom uses facebook as well. I had to immediately go into damage control and delete the post off of that fan page in hopes that my mom wouldn't see it. As far as I know, she didn't. Either way, if by some miracle this actually happens, I want it to be a surprise.

On a side note, I have developed all of the possible outcomes in my head... because I'm weird like that:

1. Neither song gets played. Oh well, the concert will still be amazing
    2. Sirens gets played. This will be cool... My mom and I will probably cry
    3. SBM gets played, on it's own. This would be amazing, especially if it debuts in Oakland.
    4. Sirens gets played, then SBM gets played. OMG, did I actually get my request?!? Too cool!!
    [and the ultimate possible outcome]
    5. Eddie Vedder dedicates the next two songs to Ed & Edith, and says something sweet and profound, then proceeds to play Sirens & SBM. --My head might literally explode, and I'll have to quickly explain to my mom that it was for her.. because she might be as clueless as me at times. :lol:
  • Options
    5 days!
  • Options
    Looks like SBM got played tonight in San Diego.. I can't wait to see the YouTube videos! Also, light years was played for Ryan! What an amazing band and group of guys we're fortunate enough to experience. I used to wish I was around to see Hendrix at Woodstock. Now I'm glad I've been fortunate enough to spend over half of my life following Pearl Jam. I'm so anxious for the coming shows since I'll be seeing them in Oakland, Portland, Spokane, and Seattle...plus visiting with family all along the way.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    MK13579 wrote:
    Looks like SBM got played tonight in San Diego.. I can't wait to see the YouTube videos! Also, light years was played for Ryan! What an amazing band and group of guys we're fortunate enough to experience. I used to wish I was around to see Hendrix at Woodstock. Now I'm glad I've been fortunate enough to spend over half of my life following Pearl Jam. I'm so anxious for the coming shows since I'll be seeing them in Oakland, Portland, Spokane, and Seattle...plus visiting with family all along the way.
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,448
    I think you have a good chance at this.
    BUMP
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,905
    MK13579 wrote:

SBM finally played!

Good luck!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    DavidD wrote:
    I think you have a good chance at this.
    BUMP

Thank you.. only 4 more days to go!!
  • Options
    3 more days!!! /shameless self bump
  • Options
    I'm with you!!!!

Bump!
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    I'm with you!!!!

Bump!

Thank you.. and.. 2 more days!!!
  • Options
    1 more day!! Tonight I'm having movie night with my mom and friends to get us pumped for tomorrow. We will be watching PJ20 on Blu-Ray.
  • Options
    Tomorrow night we ROCK (and maybe cry) together! Hope you and your mom have a great night with the Jamily.
  • Options
    Mike, I hope this happens for you and your mom.
    Either way it's going to be a great show!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Thank you wavegrrl and perfectlefts14.. it means a lot
  • Options
    Just finished watching pj20 with my mom. I never realized before that boom is barely mentioned even though he's been with the band for many years.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,448
    I don't get it, is he a part of the band or not?. Munk one left him out of the ten club poster too. oh we'll as long as he's on stage
    Have a good one tonight :D
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    Keeping the request alive ;)
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    This is happening!
    To and fro the pendulum throws

"Don't Worry, Be Happy." Avatar Meher Baba

7/12/11 - EV Oakland 2, 10/22/11 - EV Bridge School
    9/25/11 Vancouver, 11/26/13 - Oakland, 11/7/15 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    DavidD wrote:
    I don't get it, is he a part of the band or not?. Munk one left him out of the ten club poster too. oh we'll as long as he's on stage
    Have a good one tonight :D
    The sound guy also thankfully seems to leave him out of the mix as well.
  • Options
    Since Im in the pit tonight please don't play Sirens since it has been my piss break song I may start peeing on someones leg.
  • Options
    127 row 13... Stone's side. I'm so pumped!!
  • Options
    Side note...on the way up, we listened to the LB album and both Sirens and Sleeping By Myself had my mom in tears. It was cute. She says "they always make me cry, but it's so therapeutic."
  • Options
    MK13579 wrote:
    Side note...on the way up, we listened to the LB album and both Sirens and Sleeping By Myself had my mom in tears. It was cute. She says "they always make me cry, but it's so therapeutic."

I'd say you are guaranteed Sirens tonight...Hope you get Sleeping By Myself as well
  • Options
    Been drinking in the parking lot, jamming to pj for a few hours now...Show hasn't started and we're already having a great time!
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I hope it doesn't happen
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Regardless of whether or not your request is granted, I just wanted to send my condolences to you and your mom. I'm really sorry for your loss but am happy that you and she have been able to find some peace and comfort in the one thing all of us here share: A love for the music and the beauty that is Pearl Jam. Enjoy the show, brother.
  • Options
    What an INCREDIBLE SHOW!! I think that was the longest show I've ever seen. 37 songs!! 3.5 hours!! Wow! We got to hear Sirens and SOOO much more. No SBM, but who cares, what an amazing set. My mom had a great time and so did everyone around me. We rocked out and felt the love. Thanks to everyone for the support and for the kind words. And Durp, I read your apology in another post, so thank you for that. I was upset when I read your comment, but didn't want to respond. I hope you find the help you need.
  • Options
    Because of Sirens a man now has no job.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Because of Sirens a man now has no woman
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    edited February 2016
    Saw your message too late (wasnt active for two years) But my thoughts are with you and I hope they played it in Oakland.