I felt goosebumps!

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Holy bananas! I haven't really felt "goosebumps" while playing in a while. I play with the church praise band and we had a rockin' song. (It's about time because the majority of the songs were pretty...well...churchy. They were boring and slow. This one was pretty cool, though. Usually I'm nervous about playing but this time was a lot better. Let me clarify--I'm nervous because I am usually on call. It's not uncommon for me to get called out in the middle of playing or the service. Anyway, there's a quick riff that I play along with our sax player. The pastor also plays guitar and covers the rhythm section. Well, during today's performance, something just clicked. I had the tube screamer and wah going and we really got into it. I felt just like I used to play when I would jam at bigger shows with my old band. We hit the lick and just ran with it. Even the older people got up and danced.

I thought I'd share this because I've mentioned my "burnout" in the past. Just felt good to feel the "rush" come back!
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jw234911jw234911 Posts: 255
    Very cool
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Holy bananas! I haven't really felt "goosebumps" while playing in a while. I play with the church praise band and we had a rockin' song. (It's about time because the majority of the songs were pretty...well...churchy. They were boring and slow. This one was pretty cool, though. Usually I'm nervous about playing but this time was a lot better. Let me clarify--I'm nervous because I am usually on call. It's not uncommon for me to get called out in the middle of playing or the service. Anyway, there's a quick riff that I play along with our sax player. The pastor also plays guitar and covers the rhythm section. Well, during today's performance, something just clicked. I had the tube screamer and wah going and we really got into it. I felt just like I used to play when I would jam at bigger shows with my old band. We hit the lick and just ran with it. Even the older people got up and danced.

I thought I'd share this because I've mentioned my "burnout" in the past. Just felt good to feel the "rush" come back!
    holy crap! a tube screamer and a wah?? what kind of church you going to, metal church???

just kidding.

it is awesome that you got that feeling back. i know you had been burnt out for a long time. hopefully you will get that feeling more often now. it is kind of addicting...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Thanks everyone. No doubt that the feeling is addicting. I'm just hoping that the other members of the praise band don't comedown as a buzzkill. I've had problems with them telling me to quiet down, or pull back on some songs. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. However, I'm rarely miked and have been told that people can't hear any guitar. The rest of the band has been told this by numerous members. It's also a little frustrating when I'm told to quiet down...yet our sax player is louder than a fire engine. It just frustrates me so, as I've learned in the past, enjoy the good times because it can all change very quickly.

When was the last time you all felt goosebumps?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Thanks everyone. No doubt that the feeling is addicting. I'm just hoping that the other members of the praise band don't comedown as a buzzkill. I've had problems with them telling me to quiet down, or pull back on some songs. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. However, I'm rarely miked and have been told that people can't hear any guitar. The rest of the band has been told this by numerous members. It's also a little frustrating when I'm told to quiet down...yet our sax player is louder than a fire engine. It just frustrates me so, as I've learned in the past, enjoy the good times because it can all change very quickly.

When was the last time you all felt goosebumps?
    i felt goosebumps at practice last week when we were learning sirens.

the lead player plays stone's part on that song, and he nails it. combined with that part and our singer's voice, it gave me goosebumps.

i get goosebumps sometimes when we are really on it. like in the pocket, at a show. it is pretty cool to me to have these guys with marshalls cranked making so much noise that beauty comes out of it somehow. i am more prone to goosebumps when i listen to other people play though. when i am playing my mind is too preoccupied to focus on anything other than playing.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    About every time my band jams out Lay Low, by MMJ. The first half can sometime feel wonky if we're outta practice with it, but when that jam kicks in everybody can fall into the groove and just play. I often can't decide whether play it early in rehearsal and hopefully influence the rest of the practice or save it for the end to go out on a high note.