Work shoes/boots...Red Wing Vs. Timberland?

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever own Timberland work boots?
Are they any good?

I am off to buy new pair of work boots, probably go with Red Wings.
Going to drop $200-$250

I see Timberland has a workboot, insulated and waterproof, for $110.

Are Timberlands any good?
Or should I just stick with Red Wing?

I know.
It is an exciting life I lead.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,377
    Tims are good comfy boots but depending on what you do won't last as long as Redwings
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    JB23237 wrote:
    Tims are good comfy boots but depending on what you do won't last as long as Redwings

That's what I hear, Red Wings last a long time so they're worth the extra dough. I once had a boss try to talk me into buying some, even though I didn't need work boots to last years as it was a summer job. He said in the long run they saved him money because the cheaper boots he would buy would only last a matter of months, but his Red Wings had lasted him years. I wasn't sure if his were the exception or the rule though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • JB23237 wrote:
    Pair of Red Wings I have now own, have lasted through 3 winters, and are still in decent shape.
    I bought a pair of steel toe work shoes from Work n Gear, about 4 months ago, Sketchers.
    They have already fallen apart. 4 months is all it took.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Imo opinion timberlands are a not so close second to Redwings after tims everything else is pretty cheap.
    I have Redwing work boots for everyday and timberland insulated boots for outdoor work
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
  • JB23237 wrote:
    Imo opinion timberlands are a not so close second to Redwings after tims everything else is pretty cheap.
    I have Redwing work boots for everyday and timberland insulated boots for outdoor work
    After further review.
    After looking at the pricing.

I have decided to give my old Red Wings one more Winter.

• curlycurly Posts: 703
    20 yrs working construction....now an office yuppie,...lol.,, but I paid my dues...

been thru dozens of work boots over the years and sure you can find a good pair of tims...

but they can bit hit and miss as well....

You never miss w/ red wings... I've had one pair even re- sole'd.... and still wear em'...

their's nothing stupid'r than short changing your feet when your on them day in and day out...

Red Wings worth every penny... imo...
  • Anyone ever own Timberland work boots?
    Are they any good?

I am off to buy new pair of work boots, probably go with Red Wings.
    Going to drop $200-$250

I see Timberland has a workboot, insulated and waterproof, for $110.

Are Timberlands any good?
    Or should I just stick with Red Wing?

I know.
    It is an exciting life I lead.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My Dad drove a cement truck for 25 years and swore by Red Wings. I think he would get a new pair every 3-4 years.
  • I'm old & retired........I wear slippers now ;)

But I used to be on my feet all day as a UPS driver & as a fireman. I would wear the longer lasting more comfortable shoe :ugeek: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • You usually can't go wrong with Red Wings, but the best pair of work boots I've ever had were made by Caterpillar. The Cats were very comfortable and lasted for years. You might want to check them out.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • You usually can't go wrong with Red Wings, but the best pair of work boots I've ever had were made by Caterpillar. The Cats were very comfortable and lasted for years. You might want to check them out.
    I have never had any luck with Cats.
    Like most work boots I used to buy, before purchasing my 1st pair of Red Wings, they lasted less than a year.
    But who knows, maybe in the last few years, they are putting out a better product.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fuck timberland! I hate rap! 8-)

Go with the wings speedy!
    JB23237 wrote:
    After further review.
    After looking at the pricing.

I have decided to give my old Red Wings one more Winter.

Good call Merica!!
  • I'm a little hurt you didn't come directly to me for shoe advice :cry: :x
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Dr. Martens are stylish and sturdy!

I wear them for work!
  • I like LaCrosse boots quite a bit
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Red Wing is the gold standard for construction. Danner also makes a good work boot.

I got a pair of Carhart boots and tossed them after four months.
  • Jason P wrote:
    Red Wing is the gold standard for construction. Danner also makes a good work boot.

I got a pair of Carhart boots and tossed them after four months.

Good addition... Danner is a good boot. I have a pair of those too
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    I'm a little hurt you didn't come directly to me for shoe advice :cry: :x
    ok, but to be fair our definition of work footwear and your definition of work footwear are completely different.

But , whats your advice?

Speedy? Red Wings, resole your current pair. Think when tax season rolls around I'll buy another pair that fit better. Pair I got now I got big, to accomodate a second pair of socks when working in the subzero freezer at Restaurant Depot. Wasnt paying the extra 60 or so for the insulated wings.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I'm in the construction industry and used to pay about $100 every year for a new pair of Tims. Back in 2008 decided to treat myself to a $230 pair of Red Wings. Here it is 2013 and after 1 re-soling I am still wearing the same pair. And believe me I wear them every single day and dont go easy on them. They are the most comfortable boot I have ever owned. I am planning on buying a brand new pair next year. not that my current ones are worn out just ready to upgrade to a brand new pair. I will never cheapen out and buy another brand of boot. Worth every penny.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm a little hurt you didn't come directly to me for shoe advice :cry: :x
    ok, but to be fair our definition of work footwear and your definition of work footwear are completely different.

But , whats your advice?

Speedy? Red Wings, resole your current pair. Think when tax season rolls around I'll buy another pair that fit better. Pair I got now I got big, to accomodate a second pair of socks when working in the subzero freezer at Restaurant Depot. Wasnt paying the extra 60 or so for the insulated wings.
    Good point :think:

But I'd say stick with the Red Wings. If you like something, don't change it :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Without a doubt, Red Wing is the way to go.

Can't beat their customer service, and they will last for a helluva long time if you take care of them.

I've been wearing the same style for about 10 years now. Replace the boot every 1.5-2 years, just replace the insoles from the start and then every 6-8 months or so.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?