Options

Hummus, Yield's hidden track

2»

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,371
    MikeDigs said:
    Trying to make this happen in LA 2024!  Together we can manifest this.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301640/please-open-a-los-angeles-show-with-hummus#latest
    We definitely see you trying, but Jack Irons is not walking through that door.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 231
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301640/please-open-a-los-angeles-show-with-hummus#latest
    I was thinking that an LA show would be a perfect moment for Jack Irons to make a special guest appearance.  Do you have any info that would suggest that Jack wouldn't be open to this idea?
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:

I was thinking that an LA show would be a perfect moment for Jack Irons to make a special guest appearance.  Do you have any info that would suggest that Jack wouldn't be open to this idea?
    That they've played L.A. many times since 1998 and he's never come out to play with them? That this song would require quite a bit of practice and I can't imagine he would have that sort of time to commit to it, or that the band would devote a significant amount of their practice time to a song that their history suggests they have no interest in playing when they need to get 11 new songs down?
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:

That they've played L.A. many times since 1998 and he's never come out to play with them? That this song would require quite a bit of practice and I can't imagine he would have that sort of time to commit to it, or that the band would devote a significant amount of their practice time to a song that their history suggests they have no interest in playing when they need to get 11 new songs down?
    I understand your point completely.  Which is why this request is oh so special.  And why it would be epic if at happened.  I'll continue to manifest.  I don't think it would be too difficult for these master musicians to put together.  I have faith.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:
    BF25394 said:
    MikeDigs said:

He working 9-5 at Target now? He's got plenty of time to make something happen if he wanted to.
    Just doubt the desire to bring Hummus to life is there. If Jack did make an appearance, I'd much rather see In My Tree anyway.
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 265
    Hummus was the walk music on for the 2014 Milwaukee Yield show. Awesome concert although Aaron Rodgers was in attendance.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    edited March 26
    mace1229 said:
    He working 9-5 at Target now? He's got plenty of time to make something happen if he wanted to.
    Just doubt the desire to bring Hummus to life is there. If Jack did make an appearance, I'd much rather see In My Tree anyway.
    Hummus --> Brain of J --> In My Tree would be an absolute DREAM opening to the LA show.  Especially if Jack Irons did make an appearance to perform these tracks.  Oh my.  Yes please.
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    MikeDigs said:
    mace1229 said:
    If Jack did make an appearance, I'd much rather see In My Tree anyway.
    Hummus --> Brain of J --> In My Tree would be an absolute DREAM opening to the LA show.  Especially if Jack Irons did make an appearance to perform these tracks.  Oh my.  Yes please.
    Given their (at least seemingly) positive relationship with Jack and their frequent on stage celebrity guests, I am a little surprised he hasn't done a surprise performance in the last 25 years. 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 645
    edited March 26
    I've been wishing for a Jack guest appearance on In My Tree for years. Maybe someday.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Why is there 'Writers Block' at the end of binaural when there were five other songs with complete lyrics that didn't make the album only to be officially released four years later?

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 826
    Hummus played over the PA just as the lights went down in Wellington in 1998 IIRC. Opened with Long Road Brain of J and DTE. Helluva start.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Why is there 'Writers Block' at the end of binaural when there were five other songs with complete lyrics that didn't make the album only to be officially released four years later?

It was just tacked on as a joke. They weren't actually interested in adding more songs to the main body of that album. Some of those B-sides might have been better choices than what ended up on the album, but "Writer's Block" didn't keep them from being on the album.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,959
    BF25394 said:

It was just tacked on as a joke. They weren't actually interested in adding more songs to the main body of that album. Some of those B-sides might have been better choices than what ended up on the album, but "Writer's Block" didn't keep them from being on the album.
    I think I did read somewhere though that Ed was suffering from writer’s block during the sessions. Maybe I read it in the PJ20 book or possibly
    documented somewhere else!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,943
    Please play this in LA & Seattle this May!