Options

Pearl Jam- Bonding familes since 1990

anotherpowneranotherpowner Colorado Posts: 33
edited November 2013 in The Porch
Two years ago, if someone were to ask me if my sister, my mother and myself would be in the same room together, I would have said something along the lines of "Hopefully, but you know how it goes.".

Throughout my life, my memories fade in places on my "life timeline". But the places that stand out the most, are always sound tracked by Pearl Jam. Every memory I have, that marks certian times in my life, I can associate to a certian song. My sister absoutley loves Pearl Jam, and when you have an older awesomer sister, that you want to be exactly like, you love what they love, then it turns in to you loving it becasue you actually love it.

"Pearl Jam
Ten is the apartment bedroom. A room shared with a sister. Sunflowers.
The cassette foldout with the lyrics. The boom box it was played on over and over. The rewind button.
The voice of the sister mad because her stuff was touched, or lost.
The echo of me singing words that would come to have so much meaning later.
The voice of brother making fun of Eddie's voice, making sister fume.
The jewelry box made by brothers hands, that now held mothers drugs and needles in its belly.
The fast foward button.

Its the same room. No sister. No brother. No Sunflowers. Just Black. Just a Daughter. Ten. The Daughter is Ten.

Release from the Bedroom. Once again being Alive. Fearing being alone, again, yet in that fear was life.
Separation from the brother and sister. Distance. Silence.

The fear Yeilds. The will I was Given to Fly with is here, mine. The brother and sister are here, but still there. Its defining me. It is evolving. It is now. It is good."

Yes, if you asked me two years ago, "You're crazy." would have been my answer.
Ask me today. Please someone ask me.
In fact, my beautiful sister and my amazing mother and I will actually be together in OKC at the Pearl Jam show IN JUST 10 DAYS!! My mom actually lives with my daughters and I now. My sister and I plan on having one amazing weekend while she is in town. Life is good you guys!
Nov 2012 ED solo Tulsa, OK
July 2013 WRIGLEY First PJ Show! 
Nov 2013 OKC
Oct 2014 ACL (weekend One)
Oct 2014 Tulsa, OK
The Ride Festival Telluride July 2016