Options

modest Vic review from Rolling Stone

deadhead321deadhead321 Posts: 66
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Bonnaroo -- 2008
MSG II -- 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    good find ... thanks ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    I wouldn't call this a modest review. "Glowing" is probably a better word as the reviewer seems to think last night's show was very exciting even going so far as to call Pearl Jam "today's preeminent live touring band".
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    Hardly a modest review... the author hits the nail right on the head and, not that i was there, seemed to capture the spirit of the night.

All the same, I scrolled down below the article to the comments section and stumbled upon this rant:

"Rockstar70 | 8/3/2007, 12:45 pm EST

Whatever Pearl Jam. If you are so loyal to your fans why do you do only 12 shows in America istead of a full tour?? And why do you turn around and sell all those live shows as CDs later. The only thing that Pearl Jam cares for is the fans money!!!"

I'm offended on so many levels by how misguided this person is... sad really.
    St. John's, NL - 2005/09/24, 2005/09/25
    Toronto, ON - 2009/08/21
    Austin - 2014/10/05
    Ottawa - 2016/05/08

"Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain"
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    "It was a special collaboration that capped a uniquely intimate gig packed with rare and exciting material, and fans filed out of the theater convinced of Pearl Jam’s enduring commitment to their loyal fans — and that the group remains today’s preeminent live touring band."
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    nice, thank you!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Posts: 13

"Rockstar70 | 8/3/2007, 12:45 pm EST

Whatever Pearl Jam. If you are so loyal to your fans why do you do only 12 shows in America istead of a full tour?? And why do you turn around and sell all those live shows as CDs later. The only thing that Pearl Jam cares for is the fans money!!!"

Uh, Rockstar70 DumbFuck,

The band sells the live CD shows because the true PJ fans demand it and that is something that you just can't seem to understand, because you are, well, a DumbFuck!

MVP
    SF Golden Gate Park '95
    Devore '00
    Irvine '03
    The Gorge '05
    San Diego '06
    Los Angeles (1+2) '06
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    so....this article confirms the fact we didn't miss much. ;)
    hail hail the lucky ones that were there.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    nfanel wrote:
    so....this article confirms the fact we didn't miss much. ;)
    hail hail the lucky ones that were there.

Yeah, no kidding....ya lucky bastards. Nfan, this is the article that made me want to cry.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    "the group remains today’s preeminent live touring band."

gee thanks

I needed RS to tell me that one.....man, sound like I missed a great show.

damn....hail hail
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    boogieman wrote:
    "the group remains today’s preeminent live touring band."

gee thanks

I needed RS to tell me that one.....man, sound like I missed a great show.

damn....hail hail

I didnt say it red stater!

the author of the article said it. thats why i used quotes. I understand that it takes a lil extra time for things to "click" for southerners.
    y'all hava purdy weekend lmao
  • Options
    rssesq wrote:
    I didnt say it red stater!

the author of the article said it. thats why i used quotes. I understand that it takes a lil extra time for things to "click" for southerners.
    y'all hava purdy weekend lmao

lol! don't get your panties bunched rssesq...I think boog was simply saying that RS was stating what is already obvious to him/us.

Now here's what I'm gonna need you to do:

First put down the coffee. Grab a beer. Now fast forward through Hail, Hail and Blood etc. and chill out to some Low Light and Around The Bend...I'll send you the bill.
    Left the Porch
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    "Demand far exceeded supply as the streets surrounding the venue were overflowing with zealous fans holding signs that offered everything from sex to $3,000 for a single ticket."

Rolling Stone, by far, takes the cake as the crappiest rag with it's pseudo music journalistic tendencies but that line (and the article) is as well done as it gets. PJ puts it out like no other band around.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Great review!....what a freaking show that musta been!
    MLG '98, Bell Center '00, Bell Center '02, Halifax '05
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    "Demand far exceeded supply as the streets surrounding the venue were overflowing with zealous fans holding signs that offered everything from sex to $3,000 for a single ticket."

Rolling Stone, by far, takes the cake as the crappiest rag with it's pseudo music journalistic tendencies but that line (and the article) is as well done as it gets. PJ puts it out like no other band around.

I couldn't agree more:

1.) Rolling Stone is the crappiest rag around. It's so sad that people still consider it to be some sort of "authority of music".

2.) This is a well done article. That is somewhat surprising.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Nice review.

I find it very interesting that they are playing less and less songs these days that were once "staples" of sets. I love the fact that rarities are being played more.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles