Stompbox

No1PJFanNo1PJFan Posts: 27
edited November 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know what type wooden stompbox Eddie uses for his solo shows? Has anyone ever build one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm curious about this too, but am definitely not knowledgeable on the subject matter. Hope someone can help
  • If you search through some of the threads you should find something on it. I remember someone posting some pictures of his boxes and stuff. It was a year or two ago, though.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • eddie_vedder_bat_wings_pearl_jam.jpg

Believe it is a "stomp box".
    ?

see google
    also "ellis stomp box"
    "ashton stomp box"

not sure what exactly eddie is playing.
    gonna go out on a limb and guess it is custom?
    :/
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Bruce Springsteen has one of them too, he hasn't pulled it out recently but he was doing his ragged version of Born in the USA with the stompbox and a harmonica about 10 years ago where he was basically just making a lot of noise while roughly including the lyrics to the song to prove a point that he hates playing that song in America because we're stupid and we've sucked the real sentiment out of it with our mindless jingoism.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Bruce Springsteen has one of them too, he hasn't pulled it out recently but he was doing his ragged version of Born in the USA with the stompbox and a harmonica about 10 years ago where he was basically just making a lot of noise while roughly including the lyrics to the song to prove a point that he hates playing that song in America because we're stupid and we've sucked the real sentiment out of it with our mindless jingoism.
    Jingoism.
    Such a great word.
    Pretty sure the Boss is where Eddie copped it from, too.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?