Options

bath time

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
new tankless gas hot water heater being installed as i type. our former HWH has been dying a slow death - i knew b/c it could not adequately fill our deep tub. i am anxiously awaiting it's completion - have burt's bees bubble bath, candles, ipod and A to Z pinot noir awaiting a deep and long soak this evening.

bliss.
8-)
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Baths are gross.
    Showers all the way.... :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Baths are gross.

:o
    you do not know of which you speak.
    for cleanliness, yes, showers. for luxurious relaxation, baths.
    and yes, i take a quick shower after my baths to rid myself of bubbles but there is NOTHING like a bubble bath. sooooo wonderfully relaxing. bubbles, candles, music, wine. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ugh!!!
    NOT finishing the job today. started too late. :evil:
    i've so been waiting for this bath. damnnit. not until at least wednesday. gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    Baths are gross.

and yes, i take a quick shower after my baths to rid myself of bubbles but there is NOTHING like a bubble bath. sooooo wonderfully relaxing. bubbles, candles, music, wine. 8-)

I don't think mca uses hot tubs...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    tankless water heater = endless hot showers (and i guess baths) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited November 2013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Baths are gross.

i don't have a hot tub, though they are pretty awesome. i merely have an extra deep soaking tub. and i LOVE it. ended up taking a bath last night after all. mr. dream merely cranked up the old water heater to max temp, and it worked! can't wait tho for the new water heater to be operable.

baths rock. 8-)
    shared baths, even more fun ;) ... but solo baths completely wonderful too. relaxxxxation to the max.

norm - exactly!
    tho the only reason we realized (or i realized) we needed a new HWH was b/c of my baths) we've never had any problems with hot water for anything else.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Baths are gross.

mca needs to move to alaska and live in a bubble

MikeMonroe.jpg

:P :lol:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Enjoy the long hot baths , i have a hot water tub in back yard so i'll be in there tonight with a glass of wine or three :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

mca does NOT use hot tubs! They are f'n disgusting! :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    :thumbup: on the tankless!

remember one of the ideas in going tankless is to set the temperature of the water to the hottest you want it ... so, when you hop in the shower in the future - you just turn it to hot all the way ... no wasting energy heating water you are going to cool down ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    :thumbup: on the tankless!

remember one of the ideas in going tankless is to set the temperature of the water to the hottest you want it ... so, when you hop in the shower in the future - you just turn it to hot all the way ... no wasting energy heating water you are going to cool down ...

you don't put on cold water at all?
    interesting, i did not know this. do you know what is the common, desired hot water temp?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

SEE?!?!?!?!!? I was right! :lol:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a nice hot bath!
    My new house has a deep soaking tub, I can stand in the tub, and the edge comes up to my knees, subway tile all the way up to the celing...though I am thoroughly grossed out by the fact that it is a fiberglass tub...it just 'feels' wrong. An iron tub holds the heat in better...I wish the house came with a clawfoot tub. :(

Also, I do take a 'rinse off' shower after my bath, I understand why people think baths are gross.
    (I may or may not take a super long hot shower after getting out of a hot tub)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I used to love hot baths, maybe even too much for my skin's good :oops: But these times are over, American bathtubs don't do the trick for me, they are too small :x I'd be in for a sauna too, but no can do... Sigh.

Enjoy the long hot baths , i have a hot water tub in back yard so i'll be in there tonight with a glass of wine or three :D

That sounds amazing. I'm jealous! Enjoy :wave:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    I used to love hot baths, maybe even too much for my skin's good :oops: But these times are over, American bathtubs don't do the trick for me, they are too small :x I'd be in for a sauna too, but no can do... Sigh.

Thanks yeah it rocks it's only for my family so it really is very clean the best is when it's snowing outside i can be in there just feeling the snow flakes on my head and soaking in 104 degree water ahh bliss ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Thanks yeah it rocks it's only for my family so it really is very clean the best is when it's snowing outside i can be in there just feeling the snow flakes on my head and soaking in 104 degree water ahh bliss ...

Rub it in :twisted:

:lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    I take a bath about once a week or so. I stay in that damn thing for about an hour, putting more hot water in as I go. I take my little iPod dock in there and set it on the toilet and pick some relaxing music. There is nothing more peaceful than taking a bath. Sometimes I don't even turn the light on in the bathroom. It's kinda like my happy place haha.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    I take a bath about once a week or so. I stay in that damn thing for about an hour, putting more hot water in as I go. I take my little iPod dock in there and set it on the toilet and pick some relaxing music. There is nothing more peaceful than taking a bath. Sometimes I don't even turn the light on in the bathroom. It's kinda like my happy place haha.

Without the light on?1 That sounds interesting :think: Even though our bath tub is too small, I do thake baths every now and then, especially in the cold season. I have to try that with the light out and music in my ears!
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

SEE?!?!?!?!!? I was right! :lol:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a nice hot bath!
    My new house has a deep soaking tub, I can stand in the tub, and the edge comes up to my knees, subway tile all the way up to the celing...though I am thoroughly grossed out by the fact that it is a fiberglass tub...it just 'feels' wrong. An iron tub holds the heat in better...I wish the house came with a clawfoot tub. :(

Also, I do take a 'rinse off' shower after my bath, I understand why people think baths are gross.
    (I may or may not take a super long hot shower after getting out of a hot tub)
    :D
  • Options

Without the light on?1 That sounds interesting :think: Even though our bath tub is too small, I do thake baths every now and then, especially in the cold season. I have to try that with the light out and music in my ears!

Oh yeah, it's great. Sometimes instead of my iPod dock I'll just take the iPod and my good headphones, set the iPod up on the window sill outside the tub so the cord isn't in the water.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This thread is useless without pics :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    LloydXmas wrote:
    This thread is useless without pics :corn: :corn:

if you say so
  • Options
    I think this thread made me bath hungry enough to squeeze myself in our tub tonight :shifty:
  • Options

exactly.
    i turn the lights off and light candles, and i put my bose dock on the garbage can and bring it close to the tub. then i merely immerse myself in my deep, hot bath for an hour or more, adding hot water as needed. bliss.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Yes but isn't it horrible when you have to step out into the winter air out of the tub? How do you tolerate it?

Myself, I don't have time for baths :( just showers, but I do love a hot shower, with my awesome Lush shower gels.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    ugh!!!
    NOT finishing the job today. started too late. :evil:
    i've so been waiting for this bath. damnnit. not until at least wednesday. gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:lol: Classic.

How is this not perfect? So excited... and so let down.

Sorry for laughing, but I'm feelin' you here. And yes, I am aware that such problems are first world problems.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

EXACTLY.
    do the same damn thing, except i light a few tealights first - and bring along a bottle of wine. :)

thirty bills - you're just mean. :evil:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

EXACTLY.
    do the same damn thing, except i light a few tealights first - and bring along a bottle of wine. :)

thirty bills - you're just mean. :evil:

I did say sorry before I laughed! :D
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    you don't put on cold water at all?
    interesting, i did not know this. do you know what is the common, desired hot water temp?

it's a personal preference ... your installer should tell you what the normal setting is ... but, that's one of the things of going to tankless ... is that a) you do not heat water that just sits there b) you do not heat water to a temperature you don't need it to be and c) you don't heat water only to have to cool it to use ...

i think most people set around 120 F ... but it can actually fluctuate depending on your system ... also, if you like baths ... you might want to set it a bit higher ...
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    When the weather gets cold I love taking a hot bath, especially after I work out. It's such a nice way to relax.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I go the Edward G. Robinson route:

keylargo20.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM