Options

When exactly did PJ re-record old tunes for Lost Dogs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Which version is the one where he says "40 shades of gray" instead of "only gray" ?

40 shades of gray- Chicago Cab soundtrack
  • Options
    Out of the songs already heard before Lost Dogs was released, here are some of the band-aids applied. And all the ones with newly added parts were done, presumably, during or around the Riot Act sessions including "U", which can be distinguished for being the only song re-recorded by the entire band for Lost Dogs. Also, a few other Binaural outtakes have rough mix or basic tracks circulating but the ones on Lost Dogs are still culled from the original Binaural sessions.
    Alone: New vocals added to Ten era version, not the b-side for "Go"
    Undone: New guitar solo
    Hold On: New vocals. Note: A ten demo or rough mix exists that can be considered a completely separate version.
    Hard to Imagine: Original vocals from Vs. era. The Chicago Cab version has different vocals for the verses and chorus recorded maybe around No Code. The "Things were different..." portion is identical to the original, however.
    Footsteps: Added harmonica
    Wash: alt. version from same time period as the original
    Drifting: New vocals
    Dirty Frank: Deleted some vocals from the original that Ed probably felt embarrassed of (Shut your mouth!)
    Brother: New guitar, of course

I'm sure there are other things but that's all I can remember right now.

The "Shut your mouth " part on Dirty Frank was clearly a take on the "Shaft" song. Not sure why they would take that out...
  • Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Sorry if this was mentioned earlier. Ed said that he recorded new vocals for Hold On for Lost Dogs I believe and U had to be re-recorded cause the Wishlist b-side had a subtle cool thing going on drumwise right at the beginning and its missing on the Lost Dogs version