The Man Trilogy

obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
What did everyone think about the "Man" trilogy from the Prague show?

Dead Man
Man of the Hour
Nothingman
Leatherman
Betterman

Ed's version of "Dead Man" was the best I've heard. Excellent show.
San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Trilogy? And yet you listed 5 songs... ;):D

It was amazing hearing all those live and realizing AFTER the show what we all whitnessed :)

So, is it quintology the term or what? :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • A trilogy is a set of three works of art, usually literature or film, that are connected and can generally be seen as a single work as well as three individual ones.

from wikipedia, so technically even if it were three they would not be a trilogy...

just five individual works, with the word man incorporated with them.....;)

Hey sid...:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Ha,Ha. That is true, it's technically not a trilogy. Is "fiveology" a word, if not perhaps we can make it right now. Still can't stop listening the version of "DeadMan". The first time I heard this song, I thought Jeff played as well, but then I saw it and it was only Ed. It's nice how he gets incorporates the bass sound during the song.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Ha,Ha. That is true, it's technically not a trilogy. Is "fiveology" a word, if not perhaps we can make it right now. Still can't stop listening the version of "DeadMan". The first time I heard this song, I thought Jeff played as well, but then I saw it and it was only Ed. It's nice how he gets incorporates the bass sound during the song.

Im downloading this boot as I type... Cant wait to hear Prague again...and these 5 gems in a row... NOTHINGMAN..:OMG :eek: So glad I heard it live. Finally! :)
    Yes, it was quite amazing.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    lol! in the visual-arts sense, they would be a polyptych ;)

what about a quintology? or pentology?

i like this idea of 5.... 5 senses.... 5 elements.... 5 man songs... :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • OTOTOOTOTO Posts: 190
    It was amazing. While I was there, it was after Nothingman started, that my girlfriend and I realized what they were doing, and knew Leatherman and Betterman would follow. So glad I was able to be there for such a great moment. Great show overall too.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    Love love love this pentalogy!!!!! :rock_on: I'd like to experience it in the following order some day:

1) Leatherman :peace:
    2) Better Man
    3) Nothingman
    4) Dead Man
    5) Man of the Hour
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Darren01Darren01 Posts: 48
    edited July 2018
    This was my first PJ concert and what an amazing show. I knew from bootlegs that they had a 'Man' trilogy they played, but in Prague we got five!!!!! Any other combinations of songs in setlists that maybe has passed some people by? For example the Holmdel show had a setlist which ran in chronological order until the last song of the main set. I bet there are other curios that are hard to spot! Also in Prague we had You Are followed by Sad, I always thought that was deliberate too!
    Post edited by Darren01 on