Options

2013 1st Leg: Thank You

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited November 2013 in The Porch
This was the first year that I went to multiple snows (Both Worcester and Hartford). Being married with 3 kids, I'm sure It was a pain in the ass for my wife. she rolled her eyes and smiled when I left for each show but She knew it made me happy and was totally cool with it.

My next show will be my 10th and probably final. Maybe I'll get footsteps, maybe I won't.

Thanks to the band for over 8 and a half hours of music last week.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Haha... Great post! I have four kids under ten so I know that look well, but I managed to hit five shows this year. My wife supports my addiction, most of the time :lol:, so she's a winner in my book.

Thanks to the band and my wife! :D
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Thanks to the band for 4 incredible nights I won't ever forget.

My only regret is I wish I had listened sooner...
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    THIS to all three posts!

Went to five shows this tour and have two school age daughters. The move I made was to bring my wife to one of the shows, 12 year old daughter to another, and then hang with guys at the other three. :D
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:
    THIS to all three posts!

Went to five shows this tour and have two school age daughters. The move I made was to bring my wife to one of the shows, 12 year old daughter to another, and then hang with guys at the other three. :D

My wife is Pearl Jammed out... She saw them with me like 15 times before we had kids. :D

She's happy if we travel to see a show and fit in other cool stuff to do for her and the kids. Like Niagara Falls when we saw them in Toronto and the Magnificent Mile shopping when we went to Chicago.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Call Ann Landers, Doctor Joyce brothers , or Doctor Phil.
    There has to be a solution
  • Options
    ratonesratones Posts: 161
    Absolutely, what an amazing first leg. This is my first multi-show tour, and I have to say that I wish I got started on that earlier.

Five shows for me so far, and Vancouver/Seattle are almost here (yeah, wishful thinking).
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    on2legs wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:
    THIS to all three posts!

My wife is Pearl Jammed out... She saw them with me like 15 times before we had kids. :D

She's happy if we travel to see a show and fit in other cool stuff to do for her and the kids. Like Niagara Falls when we saw them in Toronto and the Magnificent Mile shopping when we went to Chicago.

I hear you, that's the way to do it! They get a vacation and we get our fix! Tried to talk my wife in to flying to Seattle Friday morning for the final tour stop and flying back Saturday morning but somehow she wasn't into it, haha. She did give me a hall pass to do it though! Love that woman! Haha.
  • Options
    Oh I know that look... even though my wife has been to 6 of the 30 I've been to... now that we have a little one, hitting up multiple shows is much harder than it used to be... thank goodness for set list threads and a massive bootleg library. They sound better than ever this tour.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,776
    Agree... Thank you to pj! Saw 4 amazing shows and had experiences that I won't ever forget. Waited a long time to see them while my 3 babes were little. Also thx to new pj friends, my brother (the best pj buddy ever) and my hubby and kids for holding it all together while mommy ran around the northeast! I had a blast. When can I do it again?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    I respect and appreciate all these posts but having ended a 14 year marriage 6 years ago..
    I have more perspective ..
    In my case it DID become and eye roll and a "your not going to see them AGAIN?"

Even now with dual custody..

We'll folks I've learned I (we most likely ) have nothing to apologize for!

Most of " the faithful" I know make this trek their sole (and soul) self indulgence every 2-3 years (sometimes more) that our band tours.
    While other guys go for days and weeks fishing, hunting, golfing and camping...

Stop apologizing I say!!

You work hard and you deserve to "go to church" when the jam is touring..

I also love how people can go see Springsteen 2-3-4 times and their some kind of urban heroes, yet I got "sighs and huffs"...
    Classic co- dependant behavior I realize now..

I know
    I know
    I should have married a PJ girl!
    But they are hard to (imagine) find!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    I respect and appreciate all these posts but having ended a 14 year marriage 6 years ago..

Most of " the faithful" I know make this trek their sole (and soul) self indulgence every 2-3 years (sometimes more) that our band tours.

Stop apologizing I say!!

I also love how people can go see Springsteen 2-3-4 times and their some kind of urban heroes, yet I got "sighs and huffs"...

I know
    I know

I'm not sure whose post your referring to but I don't see anyone here "apologizing".

• Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    This was the first year that I went to multiple snows (Both Worcester and Hartford). Being married with 3 kids, I'm sure It was a pain in the ass for my wife. she rolled her eyes and smiled when I left for each show but She knew it made me happy and was totally cool with it.

My next show will be my 10th and probably final. Maybe I'll get footsteps, maybe I won't.

So dramatic. Final? Get over yourself you douchebag (I mean that in the kindest way possible). :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    LloydXmas wrote:

So dramatic. Final? Get over yourself you douchebag (I mean that in the kindest way possible). :lol:
    :lol: How many more tours do you think this band has in them?
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    My first show was Wrigley and I went on 6 more on this first leg. They were no doubt the best shows I have ever been to. I got to bring my younger sister to 5 of the 6 shows and turned her into a huge fan too. :D

I cannot wait until they come to the east coast again. I'm 23 with no husband/kids to hold me back from shows, so I'm hoping they don't wait too long between tours so I can get as many in as possible.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 237
    locked wrote:

Stop apologizing I say!!

I know
    I know

locked, I'm divorced 7 years now. Ex really didn't understand but "allowed" me to go to multiple shows. (you talked Bruce-I've been to 180 of his shows, including all 10 at MSG in 2000 & all 10 at Giants Stadium in 2003) Now did my "only obsession" contribute to us no longer being together(18 years of marriage)? I can't say for sure, but again,if someone's partner doesn't know that they aren't perfect & each person has their own peccadillos, perhaps it wasn't meant to be forever! By the way, my lab Lizzie didn't give me any grief for seeing PJ back to back in Philly! :)