Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Warriors bought a 2nd round pick last year and the guy (McCaw) ended up playing meaningful minutes in the finals. If the Warriors pull that off again it just goes to show how some teams are playing chess while others are playing checkers. If the Bulls are set to rebuild I don't understand why you trade a pick for cash, even a 2nd rounder. 
    Warriors have drafted amazing already.  Green, Thompson and Curry are a testament to that.  None of them were top 5 picks.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Don't forget with the Warriors they still have last years 1st round pick waiting. Damian Jones would have been a top 15 pick if not for his injury. It looks like he fully healed and should at least be a role player next season with McCaw. Warriors and Spurs draft better and then develop their talent better than anyone else in the league.  
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Don't forget with the Warriors they still have last years 1st round pick waiting. Damian Jones would have been a top 15 pick if not for his injury. It looks like he fully healed and should at least be a role player next season with McCaw. Warriors and Spurs draft better and then develop their talent better than anyone else in the league.  

:how_interesting:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OKC could be in that discussion too. Durant, Westbrook, harden. 

• Options
    Knicks, keep being you. No one does it better. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248

Now THAT'S a poorly run organization. Can only get better for them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I wonder if Jackson was playing mind games with Dolen so he gets fired and collects $24M to go hang out on the beach?
  • Options

How are they going to get better?  They are still in the same position just without Jackson.  They are going to stink it up for the next few years too.  No locker room leadership.  No player development and no direction as a team.  They might as well tank and get draft picks. 
  • Options

How are they going to get better?  They are still in the same position just without Jackson.  They are going to stink it up for the next few years too.  No locker room leadership.  No player development and no direction as a team.  They might as well tank and get draft picks. 
    Tanking and getting draft picks would be the first step towards getting better. They're better off without Phil Jackson running the show. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Tanking and getting draft picks would be the first step towards getting better. They're better off without Phil Jackson running the show. 
    Until Dolan sells they will always be miserable. It all starts with hiring the right people first. Dolan is incapable of doing that. I look at the Suns as an example of what not to do, and how it can get better. Sarver kept hiring unknown schmucks as GM after Kerr left. They would tank for a year and get a good draft pick. Next season they would finish better than expected and start selling of young pieces for veterans thinking they could compete. You end up signing guys like Tyson Chandler to monster deals to be an 8th seed at best with that logic. The Suns are finally committed to a full rebuild which coincided with them hiring one of the wonder kids under Ainge in Boston. Whether it works or not depends on Sarver if he is willing to keep it going for as long as it takes and not get impatient as he has in the past. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one is commenting on the Chris Paul trade to Houston. Personally I do not like it for Houston, I love it as a Warriors fan. Paul and Harden both need the ball in their hands to maximize their value. I can't see either running around screens like you see with Durrant and Curry. Plus this makes Houston a worse defensive team when that is what they really need. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I'm surprised no one is commenting on the Chris Paul trade to Houston. Personally I do not like it for Houston, I love it as a Warriors fan. Paul and Harden both need the ball in their hands to maximize their value. I can't see either running around screens like you see with Durrant and Curry. Plus this makes Houston a worse defensive team when that is what they really need. 

Completely agree with you. Harden had his best season basically playing PG and then you bring in an elite PG and want them to share the ball??? Be interesting to see if they get any other big names, as they have been mentioned as a possibility for Paul George (unlikely) and even Paul Millsap.

Morey is normally pretty smart guy, but it looks like he just thought by adding another star, they will get better, with no thought of the fit of the team.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    No big deal.  I don't see the rockets doing much.
  • Options

They still have Dolan at the helm.  Nothing good will come of the team.  It's amazing how pathetic the Knicks have become yet they sell out every night...
  • Options
    edited June 2017

They still have Dolan at the helm.  Nothing good will come of the team.  It's amazing how pathetic the Knicks have become yet they sell out every night...
    True. Just a poorly run organization from top to bottom. We'll see who they hire but it was clear that Phil was in over his head. As a Sixers fan, I'm sad to see him go...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

True. Just a poorly run organization from top to bottom. We'll see who they hire but it was clear that Phil was in over his head. As a Sixers fan, I'm sad to see him go...
    Phil had a vision that he couldn't portray through the front office.  The kids just aren't listening anymore, lol.

Nets, 76ers, Knicks and Sacremento round up the bottom of the barrel for the NBA.  The sixers are the only one of the bunch that has a chance to climb out.
  • Options

Phil had a vision that he couldn't portray through the front office.  The kids just aren't listening anymore, lol.

Nets, 76ers, Knicks and Sacremento round up the bottom of the barrel for the NBA.  The sixers are the only one of the bunch that has a chance to climb out.
    Sixers have 9th best odds to win title next year.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Cmon, really?  And Robert Horry is the 2nd best basketball player because he has the 2nd most rings...

• Options

bring back isiah thomas!

calipari angling for the job? that can't make big blue nation happy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

in no sane world shout Philly have better then any of these teams. This also assumes Clippers get blown up or they go on that list as well. 

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ^^^ what the hell is that list, ani?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

Oh come Juggler, you don't believe those odds? I hope ther right, as a 76ers fan, but i doubt that. Hell, lets worry about being the 8th best team in the East and making the playoffs first. 

Tempo: i think you need to add the Lakers to that list of the bottom of the barrel teams.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Wobbie Posts: 21,888
    bring back isiah thomas!

calipari angling for the job? that can't make big blue nation happy

(FUCKING quote shit fucked me up)

Dolan is dumb enough to bring Thomas back? If  he does  he'll fuck up too.

I would like to see CaliCrooky take the job and leave KenCrooky. But, don't know why he would leave . He probably gets paid as much as some NBA coaches and he has a cake job ther. Unless, the NCAA is coming after him? (Sanctions at UMASS & Memphis so why not KenCrooky too?)

• Options
    cutz said:

Oh come Juggler, you don't believe those odds? I hope ther right, as a 76ers fan, but i doubt that. Hell, lets worry about being the 8th best team in the East and making the playoffs first. 

Tempo: i think you need to add the Lakers to that list of the bottom of the barrel teams.
    I did forget the Lakers but with the addition of Ball in the draft and the possibility of PG13 heading there that teams stock rises.  Oh and Jeanne Bus is at the helm now too not her brother.

But yes, they should have been on that list along with the Suns.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

in no sane world shout Philly have better then any of these teams. This also assumes Clippers get blown up or they go on that list as well. 

Celtics?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Celtics?
    Fuck Boston.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by ed243421 on
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Never gets old.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options

Cmon, really?  And Robert Horry is the 2nd best basketball player because he has the 2nd most rings...

Just pointing out that there are a lot of smart people who cover this sport that have a much different take on the Sixers than you do. Labeling them in with the Knicks, Nets, and Kings is laughable at this point.
    chinese-happy.jpg