Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    I just heard the Lakers TV rating are double those of the Clips. Crazy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    The power of Kobe I guess. I dont get it.

I think LA's and NY's run is over in regards to landing all the FA's they every wanted. I hope their fans are ready for those teams to be irrelevant for a long while. Oh wait, NY fans should already be used to it.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    Let's try this again.....

my Utah Jazz played their last home game tonight.....unlike the juggler's sixers, they weren't tanking...gonna be hard to decide who to keep and who to let go....team is younger than young....they'll be in the playoffs next year.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ^^^^^^^^In the west, sadly no. Which of the current 8 do you think drops? Add in New Orleans/OKC both going to be better I can't see Utah jumping in. Add in Phoenix who are convinced they know what they are doing (I don't buy it but if you say so) Utah could have to jump 3 to 4 teams just to get an 8th seed. I like where they are going but 2 to 3 years away in the West. East they would be a top 6.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^^In the west, sadly no. Which of the current 8 do you think drops? Add in New Orleans/OKC both going to be better I can't see Utah jumping in. Add in Phoenix who are convinced they know what they are doing (I don't buy it but if you say so) Utah could have to jump 3 to 4 teams just to get an 8th seed. I like where they are going but 2 to 3 years away in the West. East they would be a top 6.

hey, fucker....I thought we were buds. :rage:

Playoffs 2016. Fuck the Suns!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Look at the positives. San Antonio has to retool at some point soon. Dallas is getting older and I worry the NBA left Cuban on the wayside. I don't understand his moves long term and he has gotten to much into hollywood. Lebron gave them a visit and Cuban wasnt there that day tofilm Shark Tank. Biggest FA visit of your life and you cant be there. So that is 2 teams very soon.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I actually lost some sleep over your question....right now, the Jazz are 6 games out of a playoff spot and behind 3 teams.....so, who will fall back? Dallas is probably the only one I could bank on. That said, utah has played so much better after the kanter trade that I think they improve by 10 games next year....I can see them passing a few teams. Everyone on this team can play and everyone.....everyone.....is young. There are also no bad contracts. We shall see.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I like it and if you read the Sports Guy at all he is digging them also. As a Warriors fan I have seen my team go from the worst in the NBA in the past 30 years to talking about a 5 year run of trying to win not just one but multiple titles. The biggest change of course was ownership and then GM/coach. So my question to you Rob is: Do you believe they have the right people in place now to make the leap? Its more than just players. Its about enacting a plan that starts at the top and filters down. Much like the Warriors going after all the 6'6 and 6'7 skilled defensive players (who everyone else said is position-less) so they can switch on all screens like no other team. They got slammed for not biting on that Love deal, took the shit and proved all the talking heads wrong who said they were retarded. Does your owner/gm have those guts to do the same?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    They have a GM, Dennis Lindsey, who was instrumental with the Spurs and Quinn Snyder has surprised me as a coach. They have gotten rid of some very good players (Wes Matthews, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap) but have totally committed to a youth movement. Hayward continues to improve, as does Favors and Gobert will only get better. They have a surplus of guards and just need to decide who to keep and give minutes to. I love Alec Burks and he barely played this year.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    maybe this thread can get some action during the playoffs...

People rip on the NBA but there are sooooooo many good players as opposed to 98% of the collegiate ranks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I don't get how anyone can not watch the Warriors and love the NBA right now. They are all that is great about it. Blistering running offense (led by Alvin Gentry of the 7 seconds or less suns and then later HC of the Suns), use Popovich's motion offense in half court sets (thank you Kerr for bringing that over) and use Thibedaux's defense (we stole Ron Adams from Chicago who actually ran their Defense). That defense especially is amazing to watch. They switch on all screens with Draymond/Bogut screaming switches and motions the whole time as the QB's of the defense. They have hit metrics this season no one else hit without at least making it to the finals and thanks to them kicking the crap out of everyone most games Curry and the guys are healthy and well rested.

The most damning thing I heard about Mark Jackson was when the Warriors owner handed him a blank checkbook and told him to go assemble the greatest staff ever. Jackson declined which led to his firing. Kerr jumped on it and went and did it god bless his soul.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Crazy Ass Lance Stephenson is 18 for 105 on his three-point shooting this year.

I'm thankful that Crazy Ass Lance Stephenson turned down the 5 year contract the Pacers offered his crazy ass.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

We need a two-man sack race to settle important things in the future. It would have been fun to seen GW Bush vs. Al Gore square off in a two man sack race to determine the Florida recount. Then America would know for sure that a man of the people was truly elected.
  • Options
    Pacers lost but I probably win as they wont be keeping me up late at night during the endless playoff season. Now I just need to see the Red Wings get swept by Tampa and I will enjoy sleep until the NFL season begins.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Hard for me to believe that the Celtics are in the playoffs and the Bruins didn't make it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hoping for a golden state/cleveland finals....anybody but the clip joint.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under p said:

Hard for me to believe that the Celtics are in the playoffs and the Bruins didn't make it.

Peace

Celtics 200:1

worth a fiver? No.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Warriors will take down NO quickly. They can handle Davis better than just about anyone else with Green and Bogut. I worry about GS when they have to play San Antonio who still has their number.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    "I dunno....seems to like the chicken, tho." :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Why we love the NBA...no pesky traveling rules. Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MZTh6qRgA

And yes those odds is worth Twenty.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I had a feeling the Cavs would stumble early, I'm however completely amazed how well the Celtics playing. They appear to not be intimidated in the least being that they're on the road.

Peace

• Options
    The Timberwolves had two chances to pick Stephen Curry in the 2009 draft. Two!

Instead they went with Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn (he plays in Italy now).

One other interesting tidbit, the Grizzlies used the #2 pick on Hasheem Thabeet in that same draft. In 2012, both Jonny Fynn and Thabeet were packaged together in a trade for a 39 year old Marcus Camby. I would hope that the GM's for both those teams are working as parking lot attendents right now.

In the meantime, Curry has turned into a ninja assassin.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Warriors almost traded that pick to the Suns as they thought Curry would be gone as well. They smartly waited just in case. This has been my most enjoyable season as a Warriors fan ever. I loved some of those TMC teams and there was the knocking off the 1 seed season but this has been unbelievable. The biggest change is I actually expect the Warriors brass will do the right thing and pay Draymond Green. Its amazing what good ownership on down can change your teams fortunes.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    So that Steph Curry guy is pretty good, huh?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

One other interesting tidbit, the Grizzlies used the #2 pick on Hasheem Thabeet in that same draft. In 2012, both Jonny Fynn and Thabeet were packaged together in a trade for a 39 year old Marcus Camby. I would hope that the GM's for both those teams are working as parking lot attendents right now.

the NBA is littered would busts.

please, please, please let Rondo go to LA and really fuck things up!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

Jason P said:

the NBA is littered would busts.

please, please, please let Rondo go to LA and really fuck things up!

That's why I think The 76ers GM is a madman. In fact, he may be a warlock sorcerer considering he has been serving shit on a shingle to the Philly fan base for two straight years and they seem to be happy. Philly of all places!

The only comparison I can think of is when the Kingdom of Gondor was under the control of the Dark Lord Sauron because King Theoden was enslaved under a spell cast by Saruman the White.

• Options
    And before Philly fans start touting about all the first round picks this madman has acquired and how his strategy will lead to NBA titles in the future, this year's draft is cornucopia of poop.

A semi-impressive freshman point guard out of Ohio State, who averaged less then twenty points a game in the Big Ten, is projected to go 3rd. There is a dude from the Congo projected to go 5th. Two dudes from ex-Soviet republics are forecasted to be top 7 picks. A man named "Frank" was the AP Player Of The Year. An entire college basketball program (Kentucky) declared for the draft because it made good sense.

Perhaps Liam Neeson will make me pay for these words in the year 2020, but to those Philly fans holding onto dreams of seeing their team playing competitive basketball ... Good Luck ...