You better double check that, my friend

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This commercial cracks me up, lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2G5DfGA5VY

The one guy was on Cheers, but who's the other guy?
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This commercial cracks me up, lol

Robert Smigel. He was a writer on Saturday Night Live and Conan O'Brien. He's also the guy that does Triumph The Insult Comic Dog. He created this Da Bears sketch. I need to get a subscription to that Ditka Quarterly magazine he's reading on the plane.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • This commercial cracks me up, lol

Robert Smigel. He was a writer on Saturday Night Live and Conan O'Brien. He's also the guy that does Triumph The Insult Comic Dog. He created this Da Bears sketch. I need to get a subscription to that Ditka Quarterly magazine he's reading on the plane.

Very cool :ugeek:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Have you never seen those SNL sketches or did you just not know who Robert Smigel was?

He's also buddies with Sandler and has appeared in many of his movies. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Punch-Drunk Love, and some others probably.

He was in Wayne's World 2 as one of the nerds at the concert. The other one is Bob Odenkirk from Mr. Show, How I Met Your Mother, Breaking Bad, etc.

tumblr_m2acwoNHej1r0q6ybo1_500.png
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Have you never seen those SNL sketches or did you just not know who Robert Smigel was?

He's also buddies with Sandler and has appeared in many of his movies. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Punch-Drunk Love, and some others probably.

He was in Wayne's World 2 as one of the nerds at the concert. The other one is Bob Odenkirk from Mr. Show, How I Met Your Mother, Breaking Bad, etc.

tumblr_m2acwoNHej1r0q6ybo1_500.png

Saul Goodman!

He played Elaine's boyfriend on an episode of Seinfeld. I couldn't believe it. Same with Skylar- she played Jerry's girlfriend - the one George thought he saw kissing Jerry's cousin, Jeffrey.

I vaguely remember those SNL sketches, but they were so long ago.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,497
    yeah this is clearly the best of these aaron rogers commercials.

the way norm says the "better double check that, my friend" line is really funny to me.
    www.myspace.com
  • yeah this is clearly the best of these aaron rogers commercials.

the way norm says the "better double check that, my friend" line is really funny to me.

Yeah and when he says "yeah I'm Aaron Rodgers," and the guy says "No, that's not it; you're that Discount Double Check guy." Gets me every time.