Options

**** Rocking Out Vienna - 25/09/2006 ****

sailorgirliesailorgirlie Posts: 197
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
So who's coming to the Vienna show?

I thought we can start to post some useful info here re travel, accommodation, etc. I just have emailed a friend who lives in Vienna so hopefully I'm gonna have some details about getting around there soon. If anyone knows a nice and decent pub where we can have a pre and after gig gathering like we had for the Astoria, share some thougths with us please.

Here you go where it all takes place: http://www.stadthalle.com/index.php?id=72

It's going to be in Hall D (http://www.stadthalle.com/halle_d.html) No too bad...

You can maybe check out this site too http://www.wien.gv.at/english

Keep you posted ;)
Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
Reading - 27/08/06
Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yeah myself and my mate are headin to vienna from Ireland. Don't know anything about Vienna but will defo be up for a few pre and post show drinks!
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Dublin 23/8/06
    Prague 22/9/06
  • Options
    redAPPLEredAPPLE Posts: 61
    i have been to vienna and to the stadthalle. basically around 500 m. away is a great irish pub. lovely people them irish. the irish pub is in burggasse. the stadthalle is on the undergroundstation U3-burggasse. walk for max. 5 minutes and the irish pub is right there.

maybe another tip. once you get off the U3-burggasse station, there is a eat-all-you-can chinese restaurant. after that, there is pearl-jam-all-you-can.
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    bayleaf2001bayleaf2001 Posts: 109
    redAPPLE wrote:
    i have been to vienna and to the stadthalle. basically around 500 m. away is a great irish pub. lovely people them irish. the irish pub is in burggasse. the stadthalle is on the undergroundstation U3-burggasse. walk for max. 5 minutes and the irish pub is right there.
    Actually, it's the U6 (!) Station Burggasse ;)
    but you're right about this nice irish pub!
    Drunken Butterfly
  • Options
    rooster85rooster85 Posts: 3
    Hi ppl,

I wanna go to the Vienna show, but have a problem: how to buy tickets??
    I tried the musicticket.at, but I don't know how to order, because I am from Slovakia and the site offers only Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy as country selection....any help appreciated!!
  • Options
    rooster85 wrote:
    Hi ppl,

I wanna go to the Vienna show, but have a problem: how to buy tickets??
    I tried the musicticket.at, but I don't know how to order, because I am from Slovakia and the site offers only Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy as country selection....any help appreciated!!

I have two tenclub tickets to the Austria show but I am unable to go now. I would sell them to you but I think tenclub tickets are non-transferable - only I can collect them I think. If you find out something to the contrary then you can have them
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Dublin 23/8/06
    Prague 22/9/06
  • Options
    clownnaseclownnase Posts: 14
    yeah myself and my mate are headin to vienna from Ireland. Don't know anything about Vienna but will defo be up for a few pre and post show drinks!

yeah next to the stadthalle there is the so called gürtel, where plenty of nice pups are - http://www.chelsea.co.at/ - http://www.b72.at - http://www.rhiz.org/ just to mention the "famous" ones.
    I you will like it.
  • Options
    madicationmadication Posts: 2
    actually, i live in vienna -
    very cool to see people come from far away to join the PJ gig here!

I'll make a few suggestions soon, where we could meet after the concert but have to think about it for myself first; some locations at the gürtel are really nice, as clownnase said; maybe there will be a quasi-official aftershow-party somewhere...
  • Options
    ParadajzarParadajzar Posts: 435
    I am going to Vienna too, and three more friends....i was looking at the venue(on the internet) and there are seats on the floor...i mean, do they take 'em away for the concert..couse it is supposed to be GA in Vienna....I am also wondering how many 10C tickets have been sold...as they let us in 15 min early, i will be trying to get myself front row, heheheh, how har would that be, any idea?????
    What are the conditions in venue during the gig?? Hot, hard to get to WC, drinkin water and stuff(i am asking this because my girl is going, and you know girls....hehe)

thanks for the info folks, i hope we get a great show in Vienna, its a beautiful historical EU city that deserves it.....
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    I WISH I was going to see PJ in Vienna!

I lived in Vienna for nine months in 2003 and I really miss it! Prob going back in 2007 to live and work there :D

Maybe I can still make it work... I just need to get days off work!

*sigh*

:)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    skatehalleskatehalle Posts: 30
    I'll be there ... there would be a lot of better locations for the show, but anyway ... can't wait to see them after 6 years of waiting
    Prague 1996
    Salzburg 2000
    Vienna 2006
    Munich 2007
  • Options
    clownnaseclownnase Posts: 14
    actually, i live in vienna -
    very cool to see people come from far away to join the PJ gig here!

I'll make a few suggestions soon, where we could meet after the concert but have to think about it for myself first; some locations at the gürtel are really nice, as clownnase said; maybe there will be a quasi-official aftershow-party somewhere...

yes could be possible. but monday is not a good day in vienna to party around.
  • Options
    I have two tenclub tickets to the Austria show but I am unable to go now. I would sell them to you but I think tenclub tickets are non-transferable - only I can collect them I think. If you find out something to the contrary then you can have them

I thought no one noticed my post and haven't been here awhile.....I want them of course...!! (If you still have them...)
    pls contact me @ rooster85@azet.sk .....anything you want I give you :)
    thx alot
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    hey everybody...i'll be there too!!! :D
    what about a (semi-)official meet-up of boardies before the show????
    who's up for it???
  • Options
    GeriSHDGeriSHD Posts: 1
    hello! I'm from Vienna and am going to see PJ there for the first time.
    Is there anybody there from AUSTRIA???
  • Options
    yup i'm from austria...as are a few others in this thread!
  • Options
    Well, mailed to the officials and no-can-do, the 10C tickets are not for me...Nevermind, there are still some seats free....And this brings me to a question: does anybody know the "sitting plan" (sitzplan) for the show? i.e. which of the tickets left are the best? ;) parterre( osttribuhne..2?..3?..5?..6?), or the two "Rang"-s ?
    Thx for any reply, hope that I will get to the show, never seen PJ live before...wow! :)
  • Options
    well as far as i know there won't be seats at all...and 10C peeps can get in a bit earlier or sth??
  • Options
    Squirrel wrote:
    well as far as i know there won't be seats at all...and 10C peeps can get in a bit earlier or sth??

yeah baby yeah!
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

• Options
    Squirrel wrote:
    hey everybody...i'll be there too!!! :D
    what about a (semi-)official meet-up of boardies before the show????
    who's up for it???

i'm with you. pm me. maybe we could make something up...

• Options
    dunat wrote:
    I am going to Vienna too, and three more friends....i was looking at the venue(on the internet) and there are seats on the floor...i mean, do they take 'em away for the concert..couse it is supposed to be GA in Vienna....I am also wondering how many 10C tickets have been sold...as they let us in 15 min early, i will be trying to get myself front row, heheheh, how har would that be, any idea?????
    What are the conditions in venue during the gig?? Hot, hard to get to WC, drinkin water and stuff(i am asking this because my girl is going, and you know girls....hehe)

thanks for the info folks, i hope we get a great show in Vienna, its a beautiful historical EU city that deserves it.....

i have heard, the place could get really hot. the cooling system doesn't seem to be capable to handle it. i have also heard, there are a few wc. i believe 2nd floor.

• Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    I've been to the Stadthalle a few times, so here are a few facts I know - the seats that are on the pictures are taken out for the concerts, it's true that it might get quite hot in there (especially when it's full) but I've also seen them (security + some other people from the venue) handing out water to the crowd from wherever possible. I'm not absolutely sure but I believe there are also some toilets on the ground floor (although I never tested them through a concert).
  • Options
    I'll be coming to the Vienna Show!!! All the way from Australia!!! Can't wait to see the greatest band in the birthplace of modern music.

My girlfriend and I would definately be up for some partying and sightseeing pre-show, if any locals wanna show us around (Pretty Please!!!)

We are staying at The Wombat's Lounge somehwere Westbahnhoff. I think it's pretty close to Stadthalle. If any viennese out there could pm me some useful information i might need to know, it would be much appreciated.
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    Shame on me!! I started this whole thread and never post here... to make it even worse promised to post some info too... liar. All apologies everybody... I was just lazy to be honest but from now on things will change!!

First of all: clownnase, frischling79 and redAPPLE count me in for the Official PJ Message Board Pre- & Aftershow Gathering. Since you're locals I trust you can come up with a nice place to hang out and leave for the gig and then to return or maybe to go to somewhere else.

I'm travelling from London and planning to stay in Vienna for a couple of days. I just need to clear my credit card then I can book my flight and accommodation. I'd like to do a bit of sightseeing. What I don't want to miss are the Hofburg, Schonbrunn, Museumsquartier, die Staatsoper, the Gurtel, Stefans Dom. I'd like to go the Prater too and maybe to the Tiergarten. I must have a real Wienerschnitzel and also a Sacher cake with a Melagne in a nice cafe. YaY, I can stock up on Mozart Kugeln too ;)

I've just found a company, which is organising bus tours. It's 3 hours and EUR 39,- pp http://www.viennasightseeingtours.com

I almost forgot about Hundertwasser... I think his architecture is a must to see in Vienna http://www.kunsthauswien.com/english/hwh.htm

Am I missing any other stuff worth seeing? Mind you I've got max 2-3 days minus the gig on Monday night. I'm a bit concerned though in terms of partying late. I used to live in Budapest for 7 years and Mondays were defo not the party nights. There's hardly anything open till late there. I hope that's different in Vienna.

All you local PJ fans share your thoughts! Any suggestions are welcome ;)
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
  • Options
    Anybody on the BA 0704 flight from Heathrow to Vienna on 23/Sept??

Anybody in the Wombat Lounge from 23/Sept??

How about a PJ warm up party on Saturday night in Vienna, sightseeing the next day and then getting ready for the gig on Monday afternoon?

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
  • Options
    What I don't want to miss are the Hofburg, Schonbrunn, Museumsquartier, die Staatsoper, the Gurtel, Stefans Dom. I'd like to go the Prater too and maybe to the Tiergarten. I must have a real Wienerschnitzel and also a Sacher cake with a Melagne in a nice cafe. YaY, I can stock up on Mozart Kugeln too ;)

*alarmbellsringing* cliché-alert, cliché-alert, cliché-alert!! :D *loool*
    awww this is so cute...it's like, when you're living in a certain country you just don't realise that other people can be fascinated by things that seem so ...normal :):)

well i really hope you'll manage to squeeze all that into 3 days!! wow! i might stay in vienna for a few days...if i do then i'd surely show you around a bit! ;)

big hello also to the australian jammers!!! wow! comin all the way to see the final show! way cool!!! :)
    looks like all a ye are stayin in this wombat lounge..never heard of but will try to check it out!
  • Options
    Squirrel wrote:
    *alarmbellsringing* cliché-alert, cliché-alert, cliché-alert!! :D *loool*
    awww this is so cute...it's like, when you're living in a certain country you just don't realise that other people can be fascinated by things that seem so ...normal :):)

I know... I know... but there are so many must see stuff there... I guess I just got carried away with all the excitement that seeing PJ live involves *blush* :)
    Squirrel wrote:
    well i really hope you'll manage to squeeze all that into 3 days!! wow! i might stay in vienna for a few days...if i do then i'd surely show you around a bit! ;)

That would be absolutely fantastic! Hope to see you there Squirrel :D:D

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
  • Options
    I'll be coming to the Vienna Show!!! All the way from Australia!!! Can't wait to see the greatest band in the birthplace of modern music.

My girlfriend and I would definately be up for some partying and sightseeing pre-show, if any locals wanna show us around (Pretty Please!!!)

We are staying at The Wombat's Lounge somehwere Westbahnhoff. I think it's pretty close to Stadthalle. If any viennese out there could pm me some useful information i might need to know, it would be much appreciated.

I guess we'll be staying in the same place ... pm me your contacts if you're up for any warm-up party and looking around in town.

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
  • Options
    Even though I have quite high memebship number, seems like I'm gonna have a good spot :) since not so many ppl coming to the gig so far :(

So where are you Viennese/Austrian, etc. fans?

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    i'll be at reading and vienna!! so see you there salorgirlie..... i'm on the etb for the vienna gig but hope to have some time beforehand to sample a few pastries and local beers.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    i'll be at reading and vienna!! so see you there salorgirlie..... i'm on the etb for the vienna gig but hope to have some time beforehand to sample a few pastries and local beers.

YaY burtchips, that's awesome :D I'm rather into wine than beer but hey, it doesn't matter as long as we're having a great time and I'm sure we will! See you in the Love Camp in Reading then here in Vienna :D:D

Oh, and btw I've already hooked up with good_names_r_taken and his gf. They're coming all the way from down under! How cool is that! ;)

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06