***"I heard Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love Twice!" Thread***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Heard it 2X myself - I'm in the Club!

+1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    I should look to see if there's already a thread on the topic, or if there isn't, start one of my own. . . . . anyway I wanted to remark on the relationship they have with the Northeast. Mansfield in '03, Spectrum in '09 and MSG '10 are all legendary tour stops. . . . I wasn't at any of them, but they seem to be the measuring stick for all new shows.
    I was lucky enough to be at the Hartford & Boston shows in '10, as well as Brooklyn 2 & Hartford this year, and all four of these shows I just mentioned seemed to go way above & beyond their average show. For me, they were legitimate religious experiences. I feel fortunate to live in this part of the country, that not only gets favored with a lot of tour dates, but also some seriously kick-ass performances.

I don't know how this love affair between the band & the Northeast started, and I don't care, I just want it to continue.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    I should look to see if there's already a thread on the topic, or if there isn't, start one of my own. . . . . anyway I wanted to remark on the relationship they have with the Northeast. Mansfield in '03, Spectrum in '09 and MSG '10 are all legendary tour stops. . . . I wasn't at any of them, but they seem to be the measuring stick for all new shows.
    I was lucky enough to be at the Hartford & Boston shows in '10, as well as Brooklyn 2 & Hartford this year, and all four of these shows I just mentioned seemed to go way above & beyond their average show. For me, they were legitimate religious experiences. I feel fortunate to live in this part of the country, that not only gets favored with a lot of tour dates, but also some seriously kick-ass performances.

I don't know how this love affair between the band & the Northeast started, and I don't care, I just want it to continue.

I hear you. Worcester 2 was my girlfriend's first show and afterwards she told me how blown away she was by how genuine Eddie's affection for the area seemed. We've all had rock stars tell us how happy they were to be in our town. Sometimes they probably mean it, other times maybe not. That is never the case with Eddie Vedder and this band. In Hartford, they were thrilled to be there. In Worcester, when Eddie said he was first disappointed to not see Dick Dauphine (sp?) and then psyched when he saw him, I believed him. They like coming here, they like playing here. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love is proof of that.

I am so thankful for that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

I hear you. Worcester 2 was my girlfriend's first show and afterwards she told me how blown away she was by how genuine Eddie's affection for the area seemed. We've all had rock stars tell us how happy they were to be in our town. Sometimes they probably mean it, other times maybe not. That is never the case with Eddie Vedder and this band. In Hartford, they were thrilled to be there. In Worcester, when Eddie said he was first disappointed to not see Dick Dauphine (sp?) and then psyched when he saw him, I believed him. They like coming here, they like playing here. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love is proof of that.

My friend remarked about that too, Vedder really genuinely seems grateful for what the crowds give him up here. These shows are something to behold, I'm grateful to just be in the building for one of these events, let alone be a part of the crowd giving it back to him. While I hate the idea of seeing them in an amphitheater next summer (I despise Great Woods, or whatever the f they call it these days) I am counting the days until I can see the greatest live act in the world again.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

My friend remarked about that too, Vedder really genuinely seems grateful for what the crowds give him up here. These shows are something to behold, I'm grateful to just be in the building for one of these events, let alone be a part of the crowd giving it back to him. While I hate the idea of seeing them in an amphitheater next summer (I despise Great Woods, or whatever the f they call it these days) I am counting the days until I can see the greatest live act in the world again.

Maybe next summer you can see them in a place with a green monster. :D

Dare to dream...I do.

• Options
    Me too!!!! And 1 time wasn't even in Hartford and it had Eddie Van Halen on guitar!!!!

Signed!!!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Me too!!!! And 1 time wasn't even in Hartford and it had Eddie Van Halen on guitar!!!!

Signed!!!

Probably wasn't as good then. :lol:

• Options
    As much as I love Boston/MA shows, I too will never miss another Hartford stop. The combination of how amazing the crowd is, to how well the band plays, to the hotel being connected to the venue.......you just cant beat it. Their was a great vibe in the city yesterday. I don't think they will ever skip Hartford for as long as they are touring. I really, really hope they come back next summer.
    +1

i unfortunately no longer live closer to Hartford so Worcester was the obvious choice. don't get me wrong, Worcester 1 was amazing but after witnessing Hartford 08 and 10 and reading about what they did on friday i'll be damned if i miss them again in the nutmeg state!
    Hartford '08, Hartford '10, Hartford '11 (EV), Worcester I '13, Fenway I '16, Fenway II '18
  • Options
    Thought both versions of the song were sick!!! Loved both.
    Now, if we could've only had a show poster for 2013 that was as sweet as the one in 2010. That poster was killer.
    Dallas Lollapalooza '92
    Denton UNT '93
    Hartford '10
    Worcester 2 '13
    Hartford '13
    Philly 1 '16
    Philly 2 '16
    NYC MSG 2 '16
    Quebec City '16
    Fenway 1 '16
    Fenway 2 '16
    Wrigley 1 '16
    Wrigley 2 '16
  • Options
    Thought both versions of the song were sick!!! Loved both.
    Now, if we could've only had a show poster for 2013 that was as sweet as the one in 2010. That poster was killer.

I both agree AND disagree with this; Hartford '10is one of my favorite posters, and has a spot of honor in our house. I was disappointed in this year's poster, but I'm ok with saving the $35..... I have enough friggin' posters!
  • Options

Dare to dream...I do.
    Honestly I don't understand why this has not happened yet. They had some shitty acts at Fenway and no PJ.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Dare to dream...I do.

Ha! I live 12 minutes from Fenway.... I'm hoping this happens, but I'm not holding my breath!
  • Options
    jen.ryanjen.ryan Posts: 339
    also in "the club"
    now its TTTTO
    Two Times, Two Times only!

but the great thing about it being "T" Three starts with "T" also!! :lol::lol:
    1992 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/4/ (Lollapalooza)
    1996 - Buffalo NY 10/1
    1998 - New York (MSG) 9/11
    2000 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/
    2006 - New York (Ed Sullivan Theater) 5/4, Albany NY 5/12, Boston MA 5/24
    2008 - Hartford CT 6/27 Mansfield MA 6/28
    2010 - Hartford CT 5/15/10, New York (MSG) 5/21/10
    2013 - WRIGLEY! 7/21 Worcester MA 10/16, Hartford CT 10/25
    2015 - Philly 4/28, Philly 4/29, Fenway 8/5
    Eddie Solo
    Boston Opera House 8/2/08, Albany Palace Theatre 6/9/09

• Options
    dwalleydwalley Posts: 11
    I saw both. Ed's half-hearted DLR "Jump" kick at the end was great also.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    rssesq wrote:
    three times

2wice in hartford (PJ)and
    once at NEW HAVEN COLISEUM (VH) when I was 11.

8-)

and once in SPOKANE :shock:

LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    rssesq wrote:
    rssesq wrote:
    three times

8-)

LIFE IS GOOD!

:D:clap:

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    rssesq wrote:
    rssesq wrote:
    three times

8-)

LIFE IS GOOD!
    :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    A proud member of the thrice club . Have been going to Hartford since 06 and was in Spokane last night . Thank you Pearl Jam and , for last night , thank you to Steve Gleason.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    A proud member of the thrice club . Have been going to Hartford since 06 and was in Spokane last night . Thank you Pearl Jam and , for last night , thank you to Steve Gleason.

Was a little annoyed when I heard about the Spokane ATBL, but I guess we have to give it up for Steve Gleason...

Twice Heard Club for PJ on this one and Thrice Heard by Van Halen with 3 different singers too... (yeah, I even saw the Gary Cherone tour live...)

Gary is a singer (great voice) but DLR and Sammy are Rock Stars. That was the difference...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II