Longhorn Steakhouse

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This joint any good?
Yes, I know it is a chain.
Yes, I know in the city of Chicago I can do better.
That said.

Anybody been there?
Is this place worth the time of day?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This joint any good?
    That said.

Anybody been there?

It's ok. Kinda like Outback...overpriced for mediocre food.
  • This joint any good?
    That said.

Anybody been there?

I figured as much.
    I am looking at the pricing and I figure I am better off just going somewhere else. Spend the extra $$$ and go visit a real Steakhouse.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    overpriced for mediocre food.

Exactly.

Never really ever heard anyone rave about it.
    Nice shirt.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I have been to a few and for a chain steakhouse it was decent. I was on business trip and went there one night, liked it so much I went back the following night - that had as much to do with the service as the food.

much better than Outback
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I have been to a few and for a chain steakhouse it was decent. I was on business trip and went there one night, liked it so much I went back the following night - that had as much to do with the service as the food.

much better than Outback
    And I like Outback..
    Thanks
    I may just give Longhorn a try after all....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,499
    this place sucks. if you are in the market for that sort of priced steak house, just go to outback.
    www.myspace.com
  • This joint any good?
    That said.

Anybody been there?

I figured as much.
    I am looking at the pricing and I figure I am better off just going somewhere else. Spend the extra $$$ and go visit a real Steakhouse.

Yeah. Personally, I'd rather spend the extra $10-15 and have a great steak at somewhere like Gibson's.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know about Longhorn, I've never been there, but Outback gets their steaks delivered to them pre-cooked. Or at least they used to. This may be common among chains, I don't know, but Outback is the only place I have been asked to order my steak cooked a different way because they were "out" of the way I ordered it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    I don't know about Longhorn, I've never been there, but Outback gets their steaks delivered to them pre-cooked. Or at least they used to. This may be common among chains, I don't know, but Outback is the only place I have been asked to order my steak cooked a different way because they were "out" of the way I ordered it.
    WTF?

Man, Speedy try Teds Montana Grill. Bison filet. Oh buddy!!! Awesome flavor.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • i actually had the ribeye at longhorn last night. it was pretty tasty. a little overpriced, but that steak last night was the best one i have had there in a long time.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    mickeyrat wrote:

WTF?

That's what I said. The funny thing is that the waitress wouldn't admit to it. I asked, "So your steaks are pre-cooked?" and she'd say "No, we cook them here", so then I said, "Then give it to me (however I ordered it, I forget)", "We're out of that". It went on like that for a while, and I just ended up ordering something else.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"