Lightning Bolt (the song) Tab

davidosdavidos Posts: 481
edited November 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have most of this figured out (I think)... pls forgive me for not knowing how to put this in tab form... this is me talking through it...

Lightning Bolt -

Starts with open A string .... palm mute

Stone plays the part the follows the vocals on the open A string along with the D string fretted at the 12th fret area (11th, 12th, 14th and 16th fret) ... play around to figure it out...

At the end of this part he plays open A and D string fretted at 12th and then 11th fret and then he plays the open A string and the D string freted at the 7th fret the it ends with the D & G string fretted at the 4th fret...

The it starts back again..

Mike comes in at "She comes after me..." with an A chord in 1st position with the pinky fretting the B and E string at the 5th fret to get that "zing" sound... then a D chord at 1st position with the pinky fretting the E string at the 5th fret for the "zing"...

repeat A to D chords and after a few times back and forth the D chord is followed by
For the chorus its A to C, A to D to C, A to D to C (then a quick G-C-G), A to D to C

For the solo the backing chords are A - C - D - C (w/G-C-G fill)

Bridge is a descending series of chords where each note is picked...
A chord at 5th Fret (D string fretted at 5th, G string fretted at 4th, B string fretted at 3rd),
G chord (D string fretted at 3rd, G string fretted at 2nd, B string fretted at 1st),
F# chord? (D string fretted at 4th fret, G string fretted at 2nd fret, B string fretted at 3rd fret)
and some kind of F sus chord (D string fretted at 3rd, G string fretted at 2nd, B string fretted at 3rd fret and then an open E string picked)

After the bridge it goes from an open E chord to E chord with G string added at 2nd fret to E chord with G string added at 4th fret to E chord with B string added at 3rd fret...

Back to the chorus A to C, A to D to C, A to D to C (then a quick G-C-G), A to D to C (there is the E string fretted at the 2nd fret to make that contrasting note in there... listen for it..

Then back to Stones part from the beginning and then it ends going A to D with the "zing" part added...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments