Joe Buck is such an idiot!

Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Coming back from commercial...
"That was Pearl Jam with their new song Animal".
:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
MLMF Det
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I wouldn't call the guy an idiot because he doesn't know shit about Pearl Jam.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I wouldn't call the guy an idiot because he doesn't know shit about Pearl Jam.

He's friends with Eddie and has seen them in concert.but still, he should know what song he's talking about.

I like Joe Buck :geek:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I'm not a Joe Buck fan at all, but I'd have to assume that was a " I'm Ron Burgandy?" Moment.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'

He's friends with Eddie and has seen them in concert.but still, he should know what song he's talking about.

I like Joe Buck :geek:

I read the piece he wrote for Deadspin about it, he sounded like a pretty casual fan, mentioning Alive several times and no other songs. But the guy is a sports caster working the World Series, not a DJ.
  • BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 289
    Wait! Animal isn't a new one? You guys sure about this? I thought that what was wrong with my lightning bolt vinyl, it was missing animal!
    BELLZDEEP wrote:
    Wait! Animal isn't a new one? You guys sure about this? I thought that what was wrong with my lightning bolt vinyl, it was missing animal!

It's new to Joe apparently :lol:
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    he knew....just wanted some more pub....it worked
    aqo2t.jpg
  • eh what are you gonna do, did the world end when he said this?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    eh what are you gonna do, did the world end when he said this?
    To some people.
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 848

Seeing Boom smiling over the monster's shoulder made my morning. Thanks. :lol:
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Well the remastered version is kind of new..
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Chip Caray wouldn't have made that mistake.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    The night before they commented on how Joe Buck and Eddie Vedder are buddies.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    He's so bias, and that's why I can't stand him as a moderator... :thumbdown:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    adam42381 wrote:

I have a buddy in a country band. I know a handful of the songs, I like 1 or 2, but just because he's my friend I don't know all his stuff. I don't even like most of it. I'm sure Joe is a fan, but fan doesn't mean encyclopedic knowledge. And he was trying to call a World Series game, the music part isn't necessarily his wheelhouse. I can forgive him for a flub. Although I hope nobody goes out and buys LB in hopes of owning Animal.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425

I think the knowledge that he's a St Louis guy makes people think he's more biased than he is. I haven't heard him over emoting any calls one way or the other. I think he has more knowledge of the Cardinals so when they talk about them, both he an McCarver can go on longer. They talked about beards and Big Roidy as much as they plugged anything about the Cards.

You wanna hear bias announcing, go listen to Ron Darling during the NLCS. I expected him to be wearing a Dodgers uni when they panned to him in the booth.

The days of truly unbiased announcing are long gone.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DewieCox wrote:

I think the knowledge that he's a St Louis guy makes people think he's more biased than he is. I haven't heard him over emoting any calls one way or the other. I think he has more knowledge of the Cardinals so when they talk about them, both he an McCarver can go on longer. They talked about beards and Big Roidy as much as they plugged anything about the Cards.

You wanna hear bias announcing, go listen to Ron Darling during the NLCS. I expected him to be wearing a Dodgers uni when they panned to him in the booth.

Completely agree. The guys dad is Jack Buck, for gods sake. He definitely gets more slack than he deserves. Granted I want Boston to lose more than anything, but I haven't noticed and homerism
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    adam42381 wrote:

Although I hope nobody goes out and buys LB in hopes of owning Animal.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, cut the dude some slack. No big deal.
    I have a buddy in a country band. I know a handful of the songs, I like 1 or 2, but just because he's my friend I don't know all his stuff. I don't even like most of it. I'm sure Joe is a fan, but fan doesn't mean encyclopedic knowledge.
    I like this analogy. I have a few friends who are in bands that perform original music. I go to their shows when I get the chance but I'd be hard pressed to name two songs from each band.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    JTH wrote:
    Harry would have!
    JTH wrote:
    Harry would have!

That's why his friends called him Whiskers.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Who really cares. Baseball sucks anyway.
    My butt itches!
  • Buck is the best.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Buck's a crappy football play-by-play guy that shouldn't be the lead announcer for Fox. There's loads of guys in both the pro and college ranks (Kenny Harlan, Ian Eagle) that would easily be ahead of him if their fathers were famous announcers. But having said that, I think he does a pretty good job with baseball and I don't see why everyone hates on him and McCarver. I mean...what is it some people are looking for from their baseball announcers? Should they yell "Boom Shak A Laka" on homeruns? Crappy football guy that should be calling Jaguar games and not the so-called "game of the week" but definitely a good baseball guy that I'm fine with calling the World Series.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I mean...what is it some people are looking for from their baseball announcers? Should they yell "Boom Shak A Laka" on homeruns?

Slam-a-lam-a Ding Dong!

i-90473c92f484a6aeeb6c703472433ade-26bucdingdong583.jpg
  • I mean...what is it some people are looking for from their baseball announcers? Should they yell "Boom Shak A Laka" on homeruns?

Slam-a-lam-a Ding Dong!

lol..oh yeah that's right
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Completely agree. The guys dad is Jack Buck, for gods sake. He definitely gets more slack than he deserves. Granted I want Boston to lose more than anything, but I haven't noticed and homerism

mccarver played for the cards too.

I know I'm in the minority, but I like joe buck doing football and baseball. He's solid. Baseball pbp is difficult...buck is better than 90% of the other turds out there. Anyone can be passable doing pbp in football
    I have no problem with Joe Buck. I think he and Troy Aikman make a good team.

But Tim McCarver must be blowing someone to still have that job.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    DewieCox wrote:
    I haven't heard him over emoting any calls one way or the other.

He never does. The only enthusiasm he ever exerts, be it football or baseball, is by slightly raising his voice during a great play.

That said, I can't fault him for messing up the name of a PJ song during a lead-in from a commercial. Hell, our local radio station makes far worse fuck-ups. (e.g. "And that was Throwing Copper off their live album with Lightning Crashes.")
    :fp:
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I mean...what is it some people are looking for from their baseball announcers? Should they yell "Boom Shak A Laka" on homeruns?

Slam-a-lam-a Ding Dong!

YAHTZEE!